Confirmed with Link: The entire league lacks pride; also are cowards

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

There wasn't any thread that felt like this would fit in, so I made one up.

Seems idiotic when a team that is already in the dumpster PR wise is not going to have pride jerseys in warmups because of Kurashev being part Russian and two recent roster additions that are only here due to them being cap dumps.

Hell, even if the org doesn't care (they don't), at least pretend to. They already look terrible given the sexual assault coverup and, rightly or wrongly, still having an Indian head as a logo. Could've had an easy PR win and they still blew it.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
First, I personally would have no issue wearing a pride jersey.

That said, we live in the USA. If you don't want to wear a pride jersey that's your right. When that Flyer didn't wear it many in the LGBTQ community didn't think it was a big deal.

Theres what, 41 home games a year? Why not make every game a pride game? It doesn't make sense that one game needs to be singles out.

Now now, I know there's dark (political)undertones behind this crap so I'm stopping right here. I personally don't label people no matter who or what they are so I think the idea of forcing somebody to do something that is either against their religion, personal beliefs, or makes them uncomfortable isn't a good look for any organization and if they really want to have a pride night they really need to find another avenue so everyone is happy. If this isn't working, and from the looks of it it isn't,they pay people good money to fix the problem.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Lol. What a bunch of nonsense. It is absolutely the Russian players. If Russian players don't like the culture of the country making them rich, go back to Russia?
Isn't the point the fear ore repercussions? Why would you tell someone go back when they're willingly leaving. Like why it made zero sense for the CHL to ban drafting players. If they want to leave, why are you preventing them from doing so.

This announcement could of simply been ahead of time these 3 players are opting out for this reason. And gone on as expected with the rest of the roster. They're already openly singled them out. It doesn't protect the player like the Rangers tried to do.

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Isn't the point the fear ore repercussions? Why would you tell someone go back when they're willingly leaving. Like why it made zero sense for the CHL to ban drafting players. If they want to leave, why are you preventing them from doing so.

This announcement could of simply been ahead of time these 3 players are opting out for this reason. And gone on as expected with the rest of the roster.

I don't know. How many of these guys actually move here and stay here? You're assuming these players want to actually LEAVE Russia, and not just make a bunch of money playing hockey in the best league in the world. These guys aren't seeking asylum. They are still 100% Russians and still have homes and families in Russia. Panarin is the only player I know of who had the guts to actually leave Russia and their rotten culture behind.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't know. How many of these guys actually move here and stay here? You're assuming these players want to actually LEAVE Russia, and not just make a bunch of money playing hockey in the best league in the world. These guys aren't seeking asylum. They are still 100% Russians and still have homes and families in Russia. Panarin is the only player I know of who had the guts to actually leave Russia and their rotten culture behind.

Right. Most of these guys go back to Russia in the offseason and live like Kings. And they go back when they retire.

Reactions: Illinihockey

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Laz does this every single time when there's something going on about pride nights.

He's just pushing his P word agenda.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This should not really surprise anyone. This is an organization that knowingly employed an openly racist, violent misogynist, for YEARS. They absolutely knew what Hull was, and it just didn't bother them. They probably share a lot of beliefs with the players that wouldn't participate, and were happy to have an excuse not to wear the jerseys.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Laz does this every single time when there's something going on about pride nights.

He's just pushing his P word agenda.
It's all of the beat writers complaining about this, not just Laz. And they are all right.

This isn't anymore political than the national anthem or military appreciation night. But unlike them, the Hawks organization are throwing a hissy fit about pride night.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
It's all of the beat writers complaining about this, not just Laz. And they are all right.

This isn't anymore political than the national anthem or military appreciation night. But unlike them, the Hawks organization are throwing a hissy fit about pride night.
Well, like I said, I'm not getting too involved with this.

It's not like the Blackhawks don't have a bronze statue of a complete piece of human shit in from of their arena or anything....

Reactions: Illinihockey

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Have to wonder if the hawks are trying to cover for other players who aren’t Russian, but laying the blame basically on the Russians. If they’re taking this route, they should probably just get rid of all pre-game jerseys, but I guess there’s still money to be made. I haven’t found a list, but I’m guessing there’s a few.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This should not really surprise anyone. This is an organization that knowingly employed an openly racist, violent misogynist, for YEARS. They absolutely knew what Hull was, and it just didn't bother them. They probably share a lot of beliefs with the players that wouldn't participate, and were happy to have an excuse not to wear the jerseys.
I think many of us had hoped that with the new front office, this nonsense wouldn't be happening anymore.

Maybe that's too naive.

Meghan Hunter is openly gay, right? I'd like to know what she thinks of this.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Man the whole russian thing is a bullshit excuse. Do they really think anyone believes they care about the safety of their players after the whole Kyle Beach fiasco?

Reactions: Jussi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad