Confirmed with Link: The entire league lacks pride; also are cowards

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Cut for brevity
While I understand your perspective what about the people who are born intersex? Men can be born what most would consider female characteristics & vice versa. It isn't as simple as "there are only 2 genders" even from a biological perspective. Men & women both have varying levels of Estrogen & Testosterone which are the primary drivers of sexual characteristics.

Whatever news you're consuming has deeply misled you into how many people transition. 0.5% of the population identifies as "non-binary" and most of those don't transition. In 2022 only 5,000 kids were put on puberty blockers (completely reversible if they change their mind later in life). All of these people who are seething with anger have probably never met a trans person in their life & yet somehow it's ALL THEY CAN THINK ABOUT.

Nobody think's you are a monster. Just let people live their lives how they choose. I think theres a high likelyhood of people who get face tattoos will regret it at some point but nobody is trying to outlaw that.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I have the poster you’re quoting on ignore so I’m missing a lot of this convo (probably for the best) but the 100% support bit always trips me up.

It feels strange wanting to clarify myself to a bunch of Internet strangers but I do post here all the time and we have some sort of online community going here so it’s probably worth the effort of explanation. I’ll concede some level of ignorance here because I’m only moderately read up on the subject. I don’t relate to any Fox News-esque conservative ideologies or fear-mongering narratives so that’s not where I’m coming from. My opinions are based mostly on whatever mainstream content flows my way usually through YouTube (those f***ing algorithms) and I try to listen to as much balanced discourse as I can. I’ve listened to/watched many many intelligent conversations from the LGTBQ community and will comfortably say I’ve got at least a base level understanding of where they are coming from.

I don’t think any LGTBQ person should be discriminated against. They should be able to walk into a movie theater, restaurant, job interview, etc…and be treated with the same warmth and respect as anyone else. From working in the Chicago service industry I interacted with many, many, many of these people and have never for a second thought of treating them differently or even harbor any negative thoughts towards them as individuals. That would be despicable and I’d be ashamed of myself for even thinking it. I’ve made close friendships with over a dozen of these people and am honored to know them.

Arguing that I need to be 100% supportive of their cause is absurd IMHO. You don’t need to agree with everything in order to be tolerant, compassionate, and empathetic. There is not a single example of relationship that any of us have with another human being where we are in unanimous agreement. There are always partitions that we have to navigate through together with love and respect.

Most people in that community grow up very troubled and spend their crucial developmental years being treated like outcasts, which is awful. Going through puberty is awkward and complicated enough for all of us as is so to add those gender/sexuality internal crises into the mix would be very difficult. I’ve listened to many interviews with these kids talking about how hard this is to deal with and it’s truthfully very sad to hear how troubled and alone they often feel.

My biggest issue with what the LGTBQ community tries to propagate is the deconstruction of gender on us all. I don’t believe it’s fair or factually accurate to tell little children they can choose if they want to be a boy or a girl. I don’t think it should be normalized in schools or in academia to all of a sudden pretend that what we’ve always known to be a man or a woman is now in-accurate. Biologically, genetically, and behaviorally I believe the LGTBQ movement has no factual basis for what they’re proclaiming and they’re instead making arguments from emotion. It’s not enough for them to come to a middle ground by saying people who just so happen to feel this confusion of identity based on gender should be treated as equally as any of us. Which I feel the overwhelming majority of us would completely agree with and fight for on their behalf. Their underlying arguments seem to be based on this notion that none of us are certain of our gender and all of us need to pretend there exists a fundamental fluidity between being a male or female. I personally vehemently disagree with that so I can never be “100%” in support of the movement.

Dismantling our concept of gender for humanity as a whole is a bridge too far. I think if someone is feeling that way and they’ve received the proper care and attention beforehand, should absolutely be able to transition into the person they feel most comfortable being. It’s their right as a human being and they’re having an authentic human experience. Anyone who wants to deny them that doesn’t understand what the Western World is all about. We just shouldn’t be toppling our concept of gender for humanity as a whole because a very small minority are having these difficulties. I don’t believe it’s fair to do that to do that to little children or encourage it to kids in middle school or highschool while they’re going through the most socially and sexually difficult periods of their lives. Learning how to date, how to talk to someone you’re romantically or sexually interested in is a very clumsy process for most of during that vulnerable time. So to add in “oh you’re feeling confused and that something isn’t right about you, maybe you’re born into the wrong gender” shouldn’t be a mainstream ideology. It should be handled delicately and when it’s appropriate.

Other than that I’m right there with all of them. Be who you want to be, love who you want. The fact that same sex marriages are at risk of being repealed is as disgusting to me as some states reverting back to the drastic restriction of abortions.

That was a long winded post. Hopefully no one reads this and thinks I’m a monster but I felt it needed to be said. Discourse and disagreement are natural things and we should be able to communicate freely as long as we’re coming from a place of love and respect.

The bolded is the big thing for me, also. Entirely agree with the bolded.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You do use LGBTQ in other posts, so I'll apologize for highlighting a typo and making it out that it was more than it was.

That being said, you clearly say that "LGB crap" in regards to the jersey. You also clearly insinuate that you don't support Pride Night by referencing "the organization" when there is no "THE" organization you could possibly be referencing aside from your nebulous understanding of Pride/Pride Night. If your contention is that you were just referencing something else that was random and not pertinent to the conversation at hand, then it was a really convenient non-sequitur that you can hide behind to say "well, I never said I didn't support Pride Night, I just said, completely randomly, that I don't support organizations!" It's very clear what you meant: you don't support Pride activities but you do support LGBTQ individuals. I don't know why you're playing this game and backing off what clearly your belief.
Yeah, LGB crap, as in -if you don't wear our jerseys, or fly a flag, then you are considered a bigot- crap.

I'm not playing any game of what I truly believe, I've said it pretty clearly many of times throughout this interaction. I support everyone in my life who wants to do whatever they want or whoever wants to be whatever they want. (as long as they aren't hurting anyone in doing so) Typically organizations plan these type of events (or pressure owners/organizers, etc,) and I don't have the time (or care) to research every event and every organization to make sure they aren't scummy people, so I just don't support any of them.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
product of near zero percent interest rates for a decade plus and relatively no major world wars etc, people are wired to solve problems and there really aren't many to solve that are existential to humans atm, shit hits the fan more economically and people might reconsider their priorities and what they spend their time on, hundred years ago you had two world wars and a depression, lets see that play out again and see what people really care about

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
A nonsense excuse but the Blackhawks are a private entity and are allowed to run their organization as they see fit as long as it's ethical.

I support the LGBTQ+ community. I understand their disappointment. The Blackhawks should take some criticism for their nonsense excuse ... BUT it's their right to decide. Just be honest about it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
product of near zero percent interest rates for a decade plus and relatively no major world wars etc, people are wired to solve problems and there really aren't many to solve that are existential to humans atm, shit hits the fan more economically and people might reconsider their priorities and what they spend their time on, hundred years ago you had two world wars and a depression, lets see that play out again and see what people really care about
That's called progress like that's the point?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
That's called progress like that's the point?
who is sleeping with who should be given less time in society as a whole imo, if you discuss it amongst your friends its considered gossip...its a completely private matter, the league is better off just doing away with all this stuff that pins players and fans against each other because they have different views on things

Reactions: coolhand

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
who is sleeping with who should be given less time in society as a whole imo, if you discuss it amongst your friends its considered gossip...its a completely private matter, the league is better off just doing away with all this stuff that pins players and fans against each other because they have different views on things
This isn't Kevin is sleeping with Bill. It's is it okay for Kevin to be sleeping with Bill. Another bad argument.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
And people weren't in many droves admant about civil rights even in troubled times a hundred years ago?

I never get where this vibe comes from that people aren't activists or care about concerns in troubled times. Writings documented across human history show that not being the case. It's like people saying society changed with people making fun of the submissible that imploded. There's newspaper writings of people joking and making fun of the rich on the Titanic when it happened. People hung out at telegraphic stations and made quips. People always had concerns and also made light in tragic times.
You seem to ignore the whole reason for it is because the society isn't that way and there are laws and discrimination against that? If there weren't these laws fighting people just trying to exist privately, it wouldn't need to have these promoting events.

I agree with you let's not care. Let's make sure human rights are well established.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Remind me if either of those two world wars involved an increased amount of attention paid to minority groups (including the LGBTQ community)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille