Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Eichel, The Good, Bad, and Ugly - Sabres vs Bruins

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
G:
- Eichel was amazing, he's one of the best players in the league (and only 22!). That's my captain
- Ullmark...we lose this game if not for his spectacular play
- Our breakout and transition play is so improved
- Kampfeer's goal was nice

B:
- Middle six is a mess. I don't understand those line combos at all

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Strategically if the bottom 9 goes even they’ll have a chance to win almost any game.

Sadly they’re not strong enough to do that against TOR or TPA.

Reactions: jc17

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
This is the second game in a row Risto & Scandella have gotten absolutely immolated at 5v5. 6 to 25 tonight and 10 to 31 last night for Risto. I know we've had some injuries on the blueline but Risto needs to be better.

Good: Dahlin, Ullmark, Ullmark, Eichel, Reinhart, that Girgs block at the end. He put it all on the line for a regular season victory.

Bad: Risto, Scandella, Pomminville and Sobotka.

Ugly: Boston sports

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Amazing

Eichel

Good

Skinner
Reinhart
Our D - I think they do well considering the lack of support they get from two of our lines. Bogo/Risto really good. Dahlin mostly good. Guhle/Hunwick did well for their roles and Scandella was less of a blemish.
Larsson line

Scandella got destroyed 5v5. Buffalo needs Pilut and McCabe back ASAP.

Also, has Tennyson gotten sent to the sun yet?

Reactions: jc17 and Chainshot

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Eichel, he has hit his Malkin level. He has finally realized that he can just outskate situations and he has that eye of the tiger Arrogance that says I’m gonna do whatever I want and there is nothing you can do about it. When he drives with puck like his snipe today or against Philly, there are like what, ten defensemen in the league who can physically keep up and not get thrown out of the way if he takes it to the net? Sick, keep skating and shooting you beautiful bastard.

Girgs, consistently winning on the ice no matter who is across from him and Johan. I don’t think those two have slowed down at all with Erod and no Berglund.

So Dahlin was not great tonight. Had some general slop and got turned inside out, on a play he has no business reaching on. That is something that needs to be discussed on video, because it was just a bad technical decision, not poor execution. Yet at the same time, the kid picks up points and creates scoring chances no matter how good his defensive side is. Jeezus. If Eich can maintain this level for a few more years, Dahlin is going to be his bookend Dominant player. We have better corner pieces than LA did with Kopitar and Doughty.

Reactions: Dingo44

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I am forming a religion dedicated to worshiping Jack. I will begin processing applications as soon as I hire the 3,000 or so people I will need to handle the demand.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I’m changing my mind about keeping the super line together. I’ve clamored for Sam to help the Sobotka line and move Pommer up to get more from him. But I’d rather see the top line do its thing and build lines 2 and 3 over time.

We didn’t expect to be where we are right now. I’m not going to sweat the lack of depth to match up with Tampa or the Leafs in a season none of us expected to play out this well so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00