OT - NO POLITICS The Dog Days Of Summer.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Have you tried using Google Sheets? Not as powerful as Excel, but still has some good spread-sheeting tools. And the online tips are very robust, when you run into a situation where you need some help.
I have, but not a lot. I guess what it boils down to is that I've used Excel since 1993 and I'm set in my ways lol

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Happiest Anniversary Blessings to Bob and Linda Belcher!!!!

I tend to be slow to try out and get into TV shows. One of the advantages of this is that by the time I do then if it's a serial there's usually a lot I can watch. Early this year I happened to watch a couple of Bob's Burgers episodes on a plane flight and they drew me in - the first adult animation since Futurama that's managed that.

So very late to the party I've since been working my way through each season and having a lot of fun with it. I don't think it has the stone cold brilliance and consistency of classic Simpsons but it's very very good in its own right. Currently I'm up to Season 7 and I'm just starting to wonder if there's a 'jumping off point'. All these Fox shows seem to well and truly outlive their best before dates and while I'm still enjoying BB it does feel like the quality is just starting to slip and some of the usual tropes and repetitions that bedevil tiring sitcoms are starting to creep in.

But for now it's still a great way to chill for a bit and watch the silly, sweet, quirky antics of the Belcher family without a care in the world.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
@Glove Malfunction - I think it was you that was curious how I'd feel about the way they ended Better Call Saul - I think they did about as good a job as they could have, to be honest. They managed to tie everything together nicely from both perspectives. I didn't really buy Kim's deviation into a different life, but that's a minor gripe.

There were some shocking moments as well, that I can't really mention here I suppose. My guess is you know what I'm referring to haha

Reactions: Kovi

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hopefully it goes out to sea, the models kind of all agree on the same path.
They do up to 5 days out and then it is an absolute crap shoot b/c the models are having a hard time with the timing and strength of the trough. Everyone I am seeing has said the islands, bermuda, east coast and atlantic canada all need to watch starting the end of this week.

Reactions: eightspokedb

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I tend to be slow to try out and get into TV shows. One of the advantages of this is that by the time I do then if it's a serial there's usually a lot I can watch. Early this year I happened to watch a couple of Bob's Burgers episodes on a plane flight and they drew me in - the first adult animation since Futurama that's managed that.

So very late to the party I've since been working my way through each season and having a lot of fun with it. I don't think it has the stone cold brilliance and consistency of classic Simpsons but it's very very good in its own right. Currently I'm up to Season 7 and I'm just starting to wonder if there's a 'jumping off point'. All these Fox shows seem to well and truly outlive their best before dates and while I'm still enjoying BB it does feel like the quality is just starting to slip and some of the usual tropes and repetitions that bedevil tiring sitcoms are starting to creep in.

But for now it's still a great way to chill for a bit and watch the silly, sweet, quirky antics of the Belcher family without a care in the world.

I'm probably missing out on a lot of these shows. May have to start watching some Bob's Burgers.

Still love to watch King of the Hill.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I saw "Oppenheimer" this weekend with my sister. It's excellent but I recommend that if you don't know the history of the atomic bomb program & what happened to Oppenheimer after the war you should look into it- I spent a lot of the movie explaining things to her otherwise she would have been lost.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
@Glove Malfunction - I think it was you that was curious how I'd feel about the way they ended Better Call Saul - I think they did about as good a job as they could have, to be honest. They managed to tie everything together nicely from both perspectives. I didn't really buy Kim's deviation into a different life, but that's a minor gripe.

There were some shocking moments as well, that I can't really mention here I suppose. My guess is you know what I'm referring to haha
Certainly could have been, but I've slept since then, so I'm not sure. 😆 But I agree with everything you said. Turns out it was a redemption story, at least to the degree it could have been. And yeah, Kim's shift was pretty far-fetched. I do like the way they provided closure to the story though.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I saw "Oppenheimer" this weekend with my sister. It's excellent but I recommend that if you don't know the history of the atomic bomb program & what happened to Oppenheimer after the war you should look into it- I spent a lot of the movie explaining things to her otherwise she would have been lost.
I thought it was very well done. Many years ago, Amanda did a paper on Oppenheimer.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
"Drywall mud didn't dry, they'll be back tomorrow to finish"

20230905_170339.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and Kovi

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I have a close friend who is a first responder who fell this weekend and has a brain bleed. He is not expected to survive.
I understand falling is an accident, but he fought brutal demons surrounding complex post traumatic stress from the Marathon bombings these past few years--I'm so f-ing angry right now that he had to go through that.

I'm all over the place so.....sorry, venting.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have a close friend who is a first responder who fell this weekend and has a brain bleed. He is not expected to survive.
I understand falling is an accident, but he fought brutal demons surrounding complex post traumatic stress from the Marathon bombings these past few years--I'm so f-ing angry right now that he had to go through that.

That is very sad, I am so sorry. I hope he survives even though it sounds grim.

• Love
Reactions: Kovi

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

So sorry, that is awful! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad