OT - NO POLITICS The Dog Days Of Summer.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Guess they are watching this one. Long way to go but it is already on Cantore's radar...

It would be named Lee should it become a tropical storm.

Reactions: caz16

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Former New Mexico governor Bill Richardson has passed away at 75. He attended Middlesex School in Concord, Tufts University, and played baseball in the Cape league.

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
That's it, took the 71 bus every day. Our headquarters are now in Canton, in the former Reebok building, but I haven't been there yet. Coolidge Square is a pleasant area.

Yes. And I'll tell you, since I moved to Watertown -- especially over the past year or so -- that damn 71 bus is chronically, absurdly, infuriatingly late. All the time! I don't even know why the MBTA bothers to post its status.

It's maddening because you simply can't rely on it to get to work.

Despite this, I live in a very nice area and I'm grateful for that.

Reactions: Terrier

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Former New Mexico governor Bill Richardson has passed away at 75. He attended Middlesex School in Concord, Tufts University, and played baseball in the Cape league.

I'm about ready to call Mr. Miyagi lol

Nah. Call this guy,

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Reactions: GordonHowe

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
JUST got home from a week on the schooner

On the last day of our trip, we met up in Camden for the yearly schooner gathering with many schooners for the get together. It is nice to see so many nice schooners and boats.

The full moon was cool also. We had some nice sailing wind! also music (we sang Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Thurs night on deck).

1693689726151.png

1693689831246.png

1693695280531.png
1693689995224.png

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The entrance to the Burning Man counterculture festival in the Nevada desert was closed and attendees were urged to shelter in place Saturday as flooding from storms swept through the area.

The entrance will be closed for the remainder of the event, which began on Aug. 27 and was scheduled to end on Monday, according to the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, which oversees the Black Rock Desert where the festival is being held.

More than one-half inch of rain is believed to have fallen on Friday at the festival site, located about 110 miles (177 kilometers) north of Reno, the National Weather Service in Reno said. At least another quarter of an inch of rain is expected Sunday.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

The entrance to the Burning Man counterculture festival in the Nevada desert was closed and attendees were urged to shelter in place Saturday as flooding from storms swept through the area.

The entrance will be closed for the remainder of the event, which began on Aug. 27 and was scheduled to end on Monday, according to the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, which oversees the Black Rock Desert where the festival is being held.

More than one-half inch of rain is believed to have fallen on Friday at the festival site, located about 110 miles (177 kilometers) north of Reno, the National Weather Service in Reno said. At least another quarter of an inch of rain is expected Sunday.
Twitter has once again brought out the crazies - some of the tweets about this are so far fetched and from the usual suspects.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I am trying so hard to do this, I can't find the secret on how to. My mind constantly throws the past at me and I fear the future.
May I make a reading suggestion?

Gabor Mate: the Myth of Normal
and Bessel Van Der Kolk "The Body Keeps the Score"

:)

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
May I make a reading suggestion?

Gabor Mate: the Myth of Normal
and Bessel Van Der Kolk "The Body Keeps the Score"

:)

Thank you - I read everything I can get my hands on that may help. I will take a look at these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad