OT - NO POLITICS The Dog Days Of Summer.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm just hoping for the day my right foot isn't clopping like a horse hoof. But at least I can walk, for two weeks I was wheeling myself around in a desk chair. No lie.
My body has been good to me, though the reverse has not always been true.

Relatively good health is one of life's great gifts, and I've been lucky in that regard.

Feel better and take it easy.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My body has been good to me, though the reverse has not always been true.

Relatively good health is one of life's great gifts, and I've been lucky in that regard.

Feel better and take it easy.

Thanks. It's funny. I've never had a back problem before, except maybe a twinge here and there. This one floored me. But I'm back to about 85%.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Pantera still sounds pretty damned good live
We just saw them with Metallica on Friday. I wasn't really a fan of them, but they sounded fricking amazing and sort of made me a fan. We missed Mammoth due to traffic. Would love to have seen them.
Metallica cut their set by a few songs because JH was sick. Glove is going on Sat again with all the thrashy-thrash bands. Death lunch or whomever they are?

I've seen pleny of concerts in Boston, in Worcester and at Foxboro, Great woods, etc....nothing matched the sound at State Farm this past weekend. They are doing something right there. It only took s 30 minutes to leave the parking lot also (Gillette, you listening?)

Yeah, but is it really Pantera anymore without Dimebag and Vinnie Paul?

Its kinda like David Lee Roth and Michael Anthony touring as Van Halen, without Eddie and Alex.
They did a really moving tribute on Friday.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Home for 2 weeks then off to Louisville for this festival. The year of travel continues.

I think my biggest takeaway from the pandemic was to do things you want to do, because it can all be taken away.

View attachment 741340
This is exactly my mindset these days. Which is why I've been to three concerts already, with a couple more still to come, plus bimonthly weekends away, and not delaying in building a golf simulator in my garage. About the only thing I'm delaying is getting any of the multiple tattoos that are on my list.

And I'm with @Sheppy - this is my kind of festival.

Any bands you're particularly looking forward too? I know you said Joe is a big Interrupters fan.

Pantera still sounds pretty damned good live
Yes they do. Saw them with Metallica last Friday. Getting the makeup date (James came down with COVID) on Saturday with FFDP, who I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing.

Reactions: Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This is exactly my mindset these days. Which is why I've been to three concerts already, with a couple more still to come, plus bimonthly weekends away, and not delaying in building a golf simulator in my garage. About the only thing I'm delaying is getting any of the multiple tattoos that are on my list.

And I'm with @Sheppy - this is my kind of festival.

Any bands you're particularly looking forward too? I know you said Joe is a big Interrupters fan.

Yes they do. Saw them with Metallica last Friday. Getting the makeup date (James came down with COVID) on Saturday with FFDP, who I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing.

Foo Fighters (clearly, went to london for the tribute), Weezer, 311, tool, godsmack, limp bizkit, kittie, Green Day, Queens of the Stone Age, Run the Jewels, interrupters, flogging Molly

And a lot of local beers and sights

Also heading to this in October
IMG_6121.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band have postponed all performances currently scheduled for September 2023, beginning with tomorrow’s show scheduled for the JMA Wireless Dome in Syracuse, N.Y. Mr. Springsteen is being treated for symptoms of peptic ulcer disease and the decision of his medical advisors is that he should postpone the remainder of his September shows.

Springsteen made the following comment:

“Over here on E Street, we’re heartbroken to have to postpone these shows. First, apologies to our fabulous Philly fans who we missed a few weeks ago. We’ll be back to pick these shows up and then some. Thank you for your understanding and support. We’ve been having a blast at our U.S. shows and we’re looking forward to more great times. We’ll be back soon.

Love and God bless all,
Bruce”

Ticketholders will receive information regarding rescheduled dates for the postponed shows, which are listed below.

Thurs, September 7 – Syracuse, NY @ JMA Wireless Dome
Sat, September 9 – Baltimore, MD @ Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Tues, September 12 – Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
Thurs, September 14 – Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
Sat, September 16 – Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
Tues, September 19 – Albany, NY @ MVP Arena
Thurs, September 21 – Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
Fri, September 29 – Washington, DC @ Nationals Park

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
From Jim Cantore this am.

Next update is at 11am ET and they are starting reconnaissance today so they'll have much more data after the flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad