OT - NO POLITICS The Dog Days Of Summer.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Twitter has once again brought out the crazies - some of the tweets about this are so far fetched and from the usual suspects.
You should check out weather twitter. Wooof. The wishcasting on both sides is wild. Bottom line is to let the pros do their job and keep an eye on things. Anyone posting model runs for 10+ days or cheering for a US landfall should be banned.

Bryan is legit. He's one I trust aside from out local guys and Cantore

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
You should check out weather twitter. Wooof. The wishcasting on both sides is wild. Bottom line is to let the pros do their job and keep an eye on things. Anyone posting model runs for 10+ days or cheering for a US landfall should be banned.

Bryan is legit. He's one I trust aside from out local guys and Cantore

Thank you - I will give him a follow.

Reactions: eightspokedb

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Bryan correctly forecasted Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and got thousands of people through the storm as it hit overnight.
Andrew was catastrophic back in 1992. One of four category 5 hurricanes that have hit the US. Latest one being Michael in 2018, Ian was close but officially listed 2mph short of being cat5 upon landfall.

1935 labor day hurricane
1969 Camille
1992 Andrew
2018 Michael

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Andrew was catastrophic back in 1992. One of four category 5 hurricanes that have hit the US. Latest one being Michael in 2018, Ian was close but officially listed 2mph short of being cat5 upon landfall.

1935 labor day hurricane
1969 Camille
1992 Andrew
2018 Michael
I'd be curious to see if they go back and re-examine Ian like they did Andrew. Hurricanes are majestic yet so catastrophic.

Andrew is the gold standard on what happens when you ignore the calls to prepare and warnings to get out.

I hope to never experience a Cat 5 in my lifetime. Bob at a Cat. 2 was enough for me and I'm inland. Gloria hit 5 days shy of my 3rd birthday so I have a few yet very hazy memories of it.

Seeing the pissing match on social media between people when the damn thing is still unnamed is concerning. So many people take what they see on the bird app as gospel when its not.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'd be curious to see if they go back and re-examine Ian like they did Andrew. Hurricanes are majestic yet so catastrophic.

Andrew is the gold standard on what happens when you ignore the calls to prepare and warnings to get out.

I hope to never experience a Cat 5 in my lifetime. Bob at a Cat. 2 was enough for me and I'm inland. Gloria hit 5 days shy of my 3rd birthday so I have a few yet very hazy memories of it.

Seeing the pissing match on social media between people when the damn thing is still unnamed is concerning. So many people take what they see on the bird app as gospel when its not.

Don't waste time your time reading the negative nonsense.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

1935 labor day hurricane
1969 Camille
1992 Andrew
2018 Michael
Andrew was the first hurricane I ever paid any attention to. Didn't really have to deal with them in Maryland.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Thank you - I read everything I can get my hands on that may help. I will take a look at these!

I used to have an impressive library which was lost to water damage.

Later, I was out in Denver for two years and hated every minute of it. I owned one book.

Sarah Bakewell (At the Existential Cafe, Humanly Possible) is an incisive, genial interlocutor between reader and subject, and if I could recommend a single treatise, this is it,

1693863098610.png

Reactions: caz16

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I used to have an impressive library which was lost to water damage.

Later, I was out in Denver for two years and hated every minute of it. I owned one book.

Sarah Bakewell (At the Existential Cafe, Humanly Possible) is an incisive, genial interlocutor between reader and subject, and if I could recommend a single treatise, this is it,

View attachment 740958
I, too, am an incisive, genial interlocutor

Just ask @Mione134

• Haha
Reactions: Mione134 and caz16

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This post is not about burning man.... I'm just impressed by whoever drove this thing out of there in that mud lol

• Wow

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I help with some of the financial reporting at church, which I don't mind except for the fact that they use Macs and they really need to use Excel like normal human beings lol. Macs are fine for creative stuff but you'll never convince me Numbers is better than Excel. Plus Mac has really weird menus. IMO.

Thus ends my random rant of the day. :laugh:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I help with some of the financial reporting at church, which I don't mind except for the fact that they use Macs and they really need to use Excel like normal human beings lol. Macs are fine for creative stuff but you'll never convince me Numbers is better than Excel. Plus Mac has really weird menus. IMO.

Thus ends my random rant of the day. :laugh:
Have you tried using Google Sheets? Not as powerful as Excel, but still has some good spread-sheeting tools. And the online tips are very robust, when you run into a situation where you need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad