OT - NO POLITICS The Dog Days Of Summer.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Ha ha, don't see that every day. I don't like emus. In a couple of places we go hiking we'll very occasionally come across one or two and while they're essentially harmless, they're grumpy animals and they have that cold bird stare and will sometimes give you a bit of attitude and a little bluff charge. Good luck to those folks trying to catch this one - they're fast and they're fighters.

And that female reporter has the pronunciation right!

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ha ha, don't see that every day. I don't like emus. In a couple of places we go hiking we'll very occasionally come across one or two and while they're essentially harmless, they're grumpy animals and they have that cold bird stare and will sometimes give you a bit of attitude and a little bluff charge. Good luck to those folks trying to catch this one - they're fast and they're fighters.

And that female reporter has the pronunciation right!
@Aussie Bruin

You are spared seeing these commercials

Last edited:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I hate you for posting this. The commercials are god awful.

1694001169104.png

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have a close friend who is a first responder who fell this weekend and has a brain bleed. He is not expected to survive.
I understand falling is an accident, but he fought brutal demons surrounding complex post traumatic stress from the Marathon bombings these past few years--I'm so f-ing angry right now that he had to go through that.

I'm all over the place so.....sorry, venting.

Don't apologize and don't keep it bottled up either. We're here for you. :heart:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I pulled a muscle in my chest (strained maybe) by simply overreaching for something and it's actually a lot more painful then I would have thought/expected. Simple things like sitting up or coughing is like a 9/10.
yikes, get better soon, pinched a nerve in my back 2 weeks ago tying my shoe, super manly story

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan and BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
yikes, get better soon, pinched a nerve in my back 2 weeks ago tying my shoe, super manly story

About a month back I pinched a nerve drying off after a shower. Triggered a bout of sciatica which had me crippled for a good 3 weeks until PT kicked in. Never felt pain like that in my life. I literally couldn't stand for more than 30 seconds.

• Wow
Reactions: Kovi and GordonHowe

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I saw "Oppenheimer" this weekend with my sister. It's excellent but I recommend that if you don't know the history of the atomic bomb program & what happened to Oppenheimer after the war you should look into it- I spent a lot of the movie explaining things to her otherwise she would have been lost.
There was a documentary about him that aired before the movie came out...provided a lot of info on his life.

Reactions: BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

She's paging me because the first time my back seized up on me, I was bending to pull on my sock, getting dressed to ref a couple of hockey games. Just trying to put on my sock. The Zamboni guy had to carry my bag to my car for me, and once I was in the car, I had to figure out how to reach the door to close it.

4 days on the couch. From a FN sock!

• Haha
Reactions: ODAAT and NeelyDan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My brother Bob, now in his mid 60s, was unwise enough to attempt same a few years ago.

He lives in Glasgow and you can guess how they drink there.

"Gettin' old ain't for sissies."

I'm just hoping for the day my right foot isn't clopping like a horse hoof. But at least I can walk, for two weeks I was wheeling myself around in a desk chair. No lie.

Reactions: GordonHowe

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Home for 2 weeks then off to Louisville for this festival. The year of travel continues.

I think my biggest takeaway from the pandemic was to do things you want to do, because it can all be taken away.

View attachment 741340
Great lineup. I would be going on day 1 and 4. Not a big metal fan.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Great lineup. I would be going on day 1 and 4. Not a big metal fan.

We’re skipping day 3. I’m a big tool fan and never got to see godsmack or limp bizkit back in the day so we’re going to day 2 even if it’s not our favorite current stuff.

And, I mean…hearing Brackish by Kittie? It’s a must.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Me: AAA I need a jump I have work at 4PM
AAA: ok well be out there at 11PM
Me: um that sounds kind of like a long time
AAA: well have someone call with an update
*20 minutes later and no update*

Guess im missing work today

• Wow
Reactions: BMC