The Del Preston Around The League Thread 2018-19 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yes they did score a lot of goals in one game.

And there's no league mandate. Why is goal scoring up across the board? Did the Oilers miss the meeting? It's a damn good thing they shut out the Flames (well they had a goal taken off the board but that's another subject) because they had every opportunity to extend the lead.

You don’t believe refs call a game based on the score? That a team trailing by two is more likely to get a PP in the 3rd than the team leading by two goals? You don’t think that the league has made it clear that the goal is close games?

And once again your inventing reasons to complain.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You don’t believe refs call a game based on the score? That a team trailing by two is more likely to get a PP in the 3rd than the team leading by two goals? You don’t think that the league has made it clear that the goal is close games?

The Oilers were ahead in the third period and had THREE power plays. Was there some kind of mandate there?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Oilers were ahead in the third period and had THREE power plays. Was there some kind of mandate there?

Let’s be reality here; if TM was still coach that would never have happened. The refs hate that guy for whatever reason.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They were some pretty obvious penalties.

Pretty funny how some flames fans are calling the goalie interference penalty on bennett, the worst call they've seen, and asking what is he supposed to do in that situation... Like I don't know? Maybe not run over the goalie going full speed.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Someone a couple years ago ran the penalty calls with teams up by 1, 2 and 3 goals. IIRC correctly the results pointed to game management by the refs. Teams with leads were more likely to take the next penalty, the bigger the lead the greater the percentage was they would be called for a 2 minute minor. The league denied it and refs called it the natural ebb and flow of the game or something like that. I expect it to get a lot worse once in game gambling is league wide.

Reactions: nabob and TB12

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Buffalo losing to the Kings.

There was a poll when they were on that ten game win streak about who had brighter future between us and them. Buffalo got 117 votes, we got FIVE.

I know it's petty, but I'm a little happy they are back to struggling. I generally like their team and fanbase, but they got pretty cocky in a very quick fashion.

Reactions: subnet and TB12

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Oilers played a very disciplined game. Flames took really stupid penalties that couldn’t be ignored.

You can continue to argue that game management doesn’t exist and the refs don’t call the game based on the score. Everyone here has the right to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad