The Del Preston Around The League Thread 2018-19 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Man the Lightning are deep. Stanley Cup champion deep.
They are always deep, but just can't get over that hump. I took them to win Presidents Trophy, but I wouldn't put money on the Stanley.
Devils are terrible

NJD are useless. Make better use of Hall today ya bums.
They weren't exactly much better last year other than Hall playing like one of the best players in the game and Kinkaid was finding ways to win.

Last I looked Palmeri who was lighting it up had also fallen apart.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The Oilers are still 26th in offense and that's with Draisatl and McDavid. Better sacrifice a chicken to make sure neither gets hurt.

See the cool thing about winning is that you just need to score more goals than you allow.

Nice to see you make an appearance while the team is winning.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
See the cool thing about winning is that you just need to score more goals than you allow.

Nice to see you make an appearance while the team is winning.
Yes, and do you think the Oilers are going to hold every opponent to less than 2 goals per game?

It's good that the team is winning. But the Oilers have to start putting teams away. And I know, "A 1 goal win counts the same as a 3 goal win", but this is still a very loose defensive team at times. They need to give themselves some breathing room.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Schneider is pretty much done, the dude hasn't one a game he started in almost a calendar year

He is definitely done if his team will be scoring multiple own goals against him every night :).

Poor guy. Sounds like a run of injuries completely derailed his career.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
wow what happened? Did his injuries really derail him that much?
In the summer Woodley was talking about him on Gregor's show. The hope was he'd finally be ready. He did however say a hip injury to a goalie is a long process at times.

Problem now is how long do you give the guy to get back? At some point you have to send him to the AHL and just move on.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yes, and do you think the Oilers are going to hold every opponent to less than 2 goals per game?

It's good that the team is winning. But the Oilers have to start putting teams away. And I know, "A 1 goal win counts the same as a 3 goal win", but this is still a very loose defensive team at times. They need to give themselves some breathing room.

The team is far less “loose” than you imply and with good goaltending has a good chance every game if they execute the system put in place for them. They have demonstrated an ability to execute the system and while the sample size is small, the results thus far are encouraging.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They are always deep, but just can't get over that hump. I took them to win Presidents Trophy, but I wouldn't put money on the Stanley.

Deeper this year than in the past. Their drafting magic is on full display with so many young players contributing.

Im all in on Tampa this year. Can’t see anyone in the East taking them out. In the West its odds on that Nashville is their opponent. I take Tampa over Nashville all day long. Will be interesting to see how it pans out!

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
They’ll never admit it , but Flames fans would be thrilled if we ever traded Lucic. He’s such a thorn in their sides in the BOA.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Didn’t they just destroy Minny 7-2?

Welcome to the NHL in 2018 where there is very obviously a league mandate to ref games according to the score to keep them as close as possible.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Didn’t they just destroy Minny 7-2?

Welcome to the NHL in 2018 where there is very obviously a league mandate to ref games according to the score to keep them as close as possible.
Yes they did score a lot of goals in one game.

And there's no league mandate. Why is goal scoring up across the board? Did the Oilers miss the meeting? It's a damn good thing they shut out the Flames (well they had a goal taken off the board but that's another subject) because they had every opportunity to extend the lead.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
So perfect outcome today would be BOS>ARI, CBJ>VAN and obviously EDM>COL. The Oilers would then be in the first wild card spot, trailing ANA and SJS by 1 point for 2nd in the Pacific.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
So perfect outcome today would be BOS>ARI, CBJ>VAN and obviously EDM>COL. The Oilers would then be in the first wild card spot, trailing ANA and SJS by 1 point for 2nd in the Pacific.
I’m not worried in the slightest about the Canucks making a playoff push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->