The Dallas Stars look really bad

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Icing the puck during a PP seems like one of our "special set plays", doesn't it? :laugh:

Dump and chase hockey just does not work for Dallas whenever Roope isn't on the ice.

I hope they realize this soon enough.

Unfortunately I don't think they will. Monty referring to that Sabres game as one of our best games this season is disgusting and clearly their expectations are low as f*** for our offense/performance

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Unfortunately I don't think they will. Monty referring to that Sabres game as one of our best games this season is disgusting and clearly their expectations are low as **** for our offense/performance

:facepalm:

He did? That's hilarious.

Ffs what happened to this team over the summer?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
They’re just a thin team. Pavelski is about to decline sharply and Perry may as well be Bryan Boyle. I have zero expectations for him when healthy.

Seguin, Hintz, Radulov... Benn is declining badly.
Klingberg, Heiskanen, Lindell.

That’s the team. I wouldn’t expect Lindell to reproduce his offense from last year but he’s still very solid. Sekera can probably be an adequate #4 if he stays healthy. Benn, Pavelski, Perry all seem to be various degrees of washed up and declining. Guys like Faksa, Dickinson, etc. never panned out and are good bottom six options on a truly competitive team. The Stars over achieved last year. I’m not surprised at their start.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Bad depth.

Some good d-men, but that group isn't amazing.

I'm not surprised, they're not good enough IMO. I said this last year as well.

Yeah they got Bishop, Miro, Klingberg, Seguin, Radulov & Benn. But outside of that? Not much.

Where did people rank them heading into this season? I mean, they'll probably reach the playoffs. But they're not good and deep enough to challenge for the cup with this roster.

They've had bad depth for years.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The Stars have been doing morning skates before games. What they haven't had is a true practice on an off day, and that's because the schedule hasn't given them any breaks.
I guess I still consider a morning skate somewhat of a practice, while the wording of that tweet must mean actual off-day practices.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Benn used to scare me every time he was on the ice, now he looks like an average 2nd liner. Big drop off with that contract is rough. I know he’s had some injuries but he’s not that old. If they want any chance of being a playoff team he’s gotta fix whatever is broken.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Seems like their core is aging and they have no good young player to take it from there (is Hintz that good?)

Then they signed Perry who was declining hard with the Ducks and Pavelski who's only ever played in San Jose's system, and is now playing wing? I was sure he was a center with the Sharks

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It is very surprising that Dallas has a 1 and 5 record after how well they played last season and in the playoffs.

Maybe it is time to move Benn.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Benn used to scare me every time he was on the ice, now he looks like an average 2nd liner. Big drop off with that contract is rough. I know he’s had some injuries but he’s not that old. If they want any chance of being a playoff team he’s gotta fix whatever is broken.

That's an insult to real 2nd liners.

Benn's looking more like a beer league plug out there.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Not the first team to have high expectations and fall flat on their face when the season starts
But there is no way that Benn contract doesn’t get bought out at some point
Teams need to realize that big physical players just don’t age gracefully

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
You kept Julius Honka, in a keeper league?

I hope the rest of your team is doing better. :laugh:

To be fair i recently acquired the team and its been the worst in the league...Haha. So no, not doing well. Rebuilding stage and picked up Byram in the draft. Heres to a better future :popcorn:

upload_2019-10-15_11-51-10.png

Reactions: Dr Pepper
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
...Montgomery prefers the dump and chase method of offense

Actually, he doesn't. He said in an interview last year that he spent the first half of the season trying to get the players to quit doing it (after Hitchcock ingrained it), but he couldn't get them to stop reflexively dumping it in whenever they feel pressure in the neutral zone. So, he just did his best to work with it for the second half.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bad depth.

Some good d-men, but that group isn't amazing.

I'm not surprised, they're not good enough IMO. I said this last year as well.

Yeah they got Bishop, Miro, Klingberg, Seguin, Radulov & Benn. But outside of that? Not much.

Where did people rank them heading into this season? I mean, they'll probably reach the playoffs. But they're not good and deep enough to challenge for the cup with this roster.

They've had bad depth for years.

You're forgetting our best player by far this season, Hintz

Bottom 2 lines though oof

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

And now our most dangerous player offensively to start the season in our bottom 6 has been sent down. Also the Stars best energy guy and has really good speed

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The Stars were a tale of 2 teams last year - regular season without Zucc, and playoffs with Zucc. The regular season stars were an ok bubble/wildcard team that wasn’t anything special.

However, the playoff stars were a different animal and legitimately dangerous team. Zucc was the driving force behind their transformation and allowed them to have 2 legit scoring lines.

Part of me wants to say it was a big mistake not re-signing Zucc, but I get not giving up the extra first to the rangers, which now could be a top pick.

Regardless, the 2019-20 version of the stars pales in comparison to both the regular season and playoffs stars from last year. They’ve gotta turn it around soon or they immediately need to recognize where they’re at and start selling to build around young core. You try to unload Benn first and pray someone will take that gamble.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

And now our most dangerous player offensively to start the season in our bottom 6 has been sent down. Also the Stars best energy guy and has really good speed

That oughta do it. :banghead:

Does this mean Perry's back soon, and they gotta make room for him? Interesting choices, at any rate. I'm guessing they didn't want to lose anyone on waivers like last season but still.....Caamano's looked better than most of the roster so far, kid is bringing it every shift and making the most of his audition.

Why send him down and keep Gardner?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That oughta do it. :banghead:

Does this mean Perry's back soon, and they gotta make room for him? Interesting choices, at any rate. I'm guessing they didn't want to lose anyone on waivers like last season but still.....Caamano's looked better than most of the roster so far, kid is bringing it every shift and making the most of his audition.

Why send him down and keep Gardner?

Gardner's been a much better fit in the bottom 6. He looks like a great 4th line center. If Caamano didn't have the one goal, this would've been an easy and obvious decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad