The Dallas Stars look really bad

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Benn reminds me of Landeskog under Roy. Gets distracted with being a chippy tough guy, when he should be concentrating on being a 1st line offensive force. He seems a bit young to write off, but he's also a bit old to change.

Still very early, but unlike STL last year, who everyone was laughing at early on, i'm not sure that i see a happy ending for this group. I will say that the Central is looking the worst I've ever seen it, though. Wild are awful, Dallas not much better, WPG is talented but has huge holes in it's lineup, as does CHI.

Reactions: mattihp

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
They looked like this last season too, the only difference is their record. Shame, they have the roster to play better hockey.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

This post is not hyperbole. watch this video and see how many of his goals last year came from tips, rebounds, or in tight plays. He had a couple of snipes too, i'll give him that, but he was primarily garbage goal guy

Problem is the Stars needed a garbage goal guy more than anything last season. No one goes to the net to score goals on this team

Unfortunately so far this season they struggle to even get the puck to the net though to get those dirty chances

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

This post is not hyperbole. watch this video and see how many of his goals last year came from tips, rebounds, or in tight plays. He had a couple of snipes too, i'll give him that, but he was primarily garbage goal guy

about 10-12 by my count were off the rush. It’s crazy how is hockey IQ helps make up for his God awful foot speed

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
just wait til Perry gets back to rocket form. I bet they'll start winning some games then

Really resisting the urge to go find that "Stars are stacked on offense" thread..

Wonder if the coaching staff know they done goofed and are busy reworking the game plan? I could see this team turning it around with better strategies, but for now.. oof.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
A lot of people predicted they'd be a good team, so I wouldn't write them off this early. People do that every year. No one is scoring, and Bishop isn't stopping anything. They can't be this bad. One of the lowest PDO in the league. Nonetheless I wonder about not signing Zuccarello. This is kind of funny though:

igMOAAu.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007

What I learned from this video is Brent Burns is really good at getting pucks through. Now I don't know much about Klingberg and Heiskanen's game but maybe they just aren't quite as good at it making it harder for Pavs to get those tips and dirty goals. That or they aren't using Pavs in that spot which is a huge mistake since he doesn't offer much else at this stage of his career.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
about 10-12 by my count were off the rush. It’s crazy how is hockey IQ helps make up for his God awful foot speed
it's very telling in that early goal against nashville where Kane breaks the puck out and covers like 3x more ice than Pavs did in the same time frame lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't know how anyone can be surprised by this.
Maybe the people who watched them lose in o.t in game 7 to the Stanley Cup Champs last year and watched them add Pavelski and Perry.

What an arrogant post. Based on that information alone how could anyone think this was going to happen? If you thought they would be bad going into the season then it was a pretty garbage take. There is 82 games in a season the knee jerk reaction and hyperbole on hf is ridiculous. Especially considering what happened with St Louis LAST YEAR.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not to fans of Central Division teams. It was easy to see.
Edit: I'm not saying they'll end up with 30 points or something. Just saying it was obvious to people who paid a bit of attention that they would be a bottom 2 team in the Central this year.
This is absolute b.s.

Based on what them being a shot away from winning the division last year...

If you are going to come in and make comments like this then quote your posts predicting this. Show some proof. If not then stop patting your self on the back.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I was really disappointed that Pavelski left but I was happy for him and his family. This was all part of Wilson's master plan. We'll see him back in San Jose next year on a league minimum after he's bought out of his final 2 years.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I have Ben Bishop in my fantasy team. And what's worse.. My other goalie is Carey Price :( It seems I really lost in the draft using too high picks on too goaltenders..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Micah said they would win the Cup so that had my attention.

He's either spot on or absurdly off the mark.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
This is absolute b.s.

Based on what them being a shot away from winning the division last year...

If you are going to come in and make comments like this then quote your posts predicting this. Show some proof. If not then stop patting your self on the back.
Lol. Why exactly do I need to do what you want me to do? Grow up.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What I learned from this video is Brent Burns is really good at getting pucks through. Now I don't know much about Klingberg and Heiskanen's game but maybe they just aren't quite as good at it making it harder for Pavs to get those tips and dirty goals. That or they aren't using Pavs in that spot which is a huge mistake since he doesn't offer much else at this stage of his career.

Klingberg and Heiskanen are fine with it, but have not practiced with Pavelski and worked with him on those deflections and also the team rarely even gets setup in the offensive zone so they never get that opportunity anyways. Also would like to point out that just recently they started using him as the net front guy on the PP. They haven't figured out how to use Pavelski yet

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I actually called this very thing.in the offseason when people were giving us he'll for not resigning pavelski on the sharks.

His success at tipping shots from burns was testament to them practicing doing just that every practice for years. I expected a decline in those point tips without burns triggering those amazing shots for him to tip and knew heisk and kling were not Brent burns.

Also pointed out that is where the vast majority of his goals come from so expect a rather steep decline

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Get Daryl Sutter out of retirement. Hes good at fixing messy rosters. Jamie Benn would grow a full on beard instantly as soon as Sutter is announced.

Erick Harrisson

Oct 8, 2019
Hamilton
I would offer Honka + 3rd round pick 2021 to LAK for Kyle Clifford

Also offer Gurianov and a 2nd 2020 to Vegas for Ryan Reaves

Mattias Janmark to NJD for Blake Coleman and a 3rd round pick 2020

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Dickinson-Hintz-Pavelski
Cogliano-Faksa-Perry
Clifford-Coleman-Reaves
Comeau-Dowling

Gurianov can go to the minors
I'd be ok exploring a deal to upgrade the 3rd line C position and move Faksa even

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I would offer Honka + 3rd round pick 2021 to LAK for Kyle Clifford

Also offer Gurianov and a 2nd 2020 to Vegas for Ryan Reaves

Mattias Janmark to NJD for Blake Coleman and a 3rd round pick 2020

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Dickinson-Hintz-Pavelski
Cogliano-Faksa-Perry
Clifford-Coleman-Reaves
Comeau-Dowling

Gurianov can go to the minors
I'd be ok exploring a deal to upgrade the 3rd line C position and move Faksa even
Good thing we don't have a 2020 2nd to waste on that POS.

nor the cap space for Coleman and Clifford

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->