The Dallas Stars look really bad

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The offense is a complete mess now. It wasn't good last year but there was still glimpses of something. Now ? I don't see it. What made the team good last year is now completely neutered. The defenseman no longer activate all that much from the point ( Lindell , Heiskanen and Klingberg each scored 10+ goals like that ) and instead just shoot from the blueline for tips and its not working at all.

First couple of game the team overall didn't play that bad but the offense was barely there. Now there's defensive lapses and the offense still doesn't work it is getting worse.

Like i said in the other thread it seems like the team is trying to emulate the Blues offensive system because they lost to it in the playoffs twice without the roster for it and it looks like shit.

Reactions: Stubu

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Their offense outside of Seguin & Radulov is trash. Bishop hasn't looked great and they've got four NHL defensemen. They need to get some scoring help (and better depth), pronto.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is very strange, no? I don't know about every team but the Leafs practice or skate like every day with some off days sprinkled in such as on Sunday's after the Saturday game.

They've had a really compresse schedule to start the year and not many homegames . They barely practised last year on roadtrips as well only last year they had way more time before the compressed schedule started.

Reactions: Stubu

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
They were my darkhorse pick for the cup going into the season...thought they had some great forwards, a solid top-3 D and a Vezina caliber goalie...

But watching them yesterday, they just look so...slow. That forward group will have lots of trouble in today's NHL if that is how they look normally.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
they don't seem like a team but rather a collection of players, kinda like the Flyers in that sense. They need to find their identify and some chemistry

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Their offense outside of Seguin & Radulov is trash.

What? Seguin and Radulov have been far from expectations, they need to be a lot better. It's Hintz who has been the star so far. I think they have a lot of talent, and once everyone starts playing at their best (Seguin, Radulov, Benn, Pavelski, Klingberg) I think they'll win a lot of games and make the playoff for sure.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Their offense outside of Seguin & Radulov is trash. Bishop hasn't looked great and they've got four NHL defensemen. They need to get some scoring help (and better depth), pronto.

Roope Hintz leads the team in scoring. Second on the list is Mattias Janmark.

Seguin and Radulov are at least trying but can't seem to break through.

Pavelski's been a non-factor, Perry's still injured, and I don't know where the **** so-called captain Jamie Benn left his talent but he certainly hasn't brought it out to a single game this year. :laugh: :help:

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I really thought this team would take the next step this year but wow do they look like dogshit.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This is very strange, no? I don't know about every team but the Leafs practice or skate like every day with some off days sprinkled in such as on Sunday's after the Saturday game.
The Stars have been doing morning skates before games. What they haven't had is a true practice on an off day, and that's because the schedule hasn't given them any breaks.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They added Pavelski, Sekera and Perry. They went all in on the veteran thing and veterans sometimes age poorly.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I can’t figure the stars out. Back in 15-16 it looked like they were on the verge of being a permanent fixture near the top of the league, and then it just didn’t happen.

Fortunately for them, there are a lot of western conference teams not starting too great. So there’s still plenty of time to turn it around.

Reactions: longtime lurker

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
They wasted most of two elite players' primes by having no support cast for them. They improved it a little but they still don't have great support and those two guys are phasing past their primes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->