The Dallas Stars look really bad

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
They added Pavelski, Sekera and Perry. They went all in on the veteran thing and veterans sometimes age poorly.
Update - - Sekera has not been bad at all for Dallas this year. Pavelski is an average player and so is Perry.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
They struggle to score, and Heiskanen is getting way too much ice time, which hurts them a lot. Heiskanen really can’t create enough offence or move the puck well enough for them at the moment. He has 1 point in the last 11 games, Klingberg and Lindell should both be playing way more than him.
the entire team struggles to score. not sure what the point of picking on one guy is other than to drag his name through the mud when you can because you don't have much of a case. kid's young and his point totals are suffering just like the rest of the team.

honestly, with 11 players 30 or older, picking on the youth just seems off the mark.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
the entire team struggles to score. not sure what the point of picking on one guy is other than to drag his name through the mud when you can because you don't have much of a case. kid's young and his point totals are suffering just like the rest of the team.

honestly, with 11 players 30 or older, picking on the youth just seems off the mark.

Not picking on Heiskanen, I am criticising the coach by saying he plays too many minutes considering he is the third best defenseman on Dallas.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They're the strangest team in the league, but I still wouldn't sleep on them if they make the playoffs. There's so much underlying offensive talent there and being stifled by a defensive system doesn't explain everything. Seguin being a sub-7% shooter just defies logic.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
This team will sink hard once Jamie Benn reaches full decline level.

Also Seguin is a huge disappointment. Lazy bum.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
They're the strangest team in the league, but I still wouldn't sleep on them if they make the playoffs. There's so much underlying offensive talent there and being stifled by a defensive system doesn't explain everything. Seguin being a sub-7% shooter just defies logic.
i just don't see that there. i look at that roster and wonder when they are going to add secondary scoring. seguin and benn are really the only consistent threats. goaltending and defense is the only reason the team is going to the playoffs. they're 27th out of 31 in the league offensively. it's more than just underperforming. they need better parts.

Reactions: M88K

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
i just don't see that there. i look at that roster and wonder when they are going to add secondary scoring. seguin and benn are really the only consistent threats. goaltending and defense is the only reason the team is going to the playoffs. they're 27th out of 31 in the league offensively. it's more than just underperforming. they need better parts.

Hintz and Gurianov have led the way for the lion's share of this season, actually.

Both bright spots in an otherwise relatively dim season, at least as far as single player production goes.

Agreed on the second part, though.....were it not for the dual effectiveness of Bishop and Khudobin, this team, playing the same system, is a lottery team. No doubt about it.

Wouldn't mind seeing a managerial shuffle if they fizzle out early, like in the first round. Definitely need change if they miss the playoffs entirely.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Figured this one deserves a bump again.

Dallas has had a BRUTAL month, zero wins in March.

Losers of 6 in a row, and what was once a relatively safe perch in the Central is now a mere 4 point lead over the 9th place Jets.

National Hockey League Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

Amazingly, this website still projects Dallas to have a 98% chance at making the playoffs......I was certain the number would've dropped a lot more than it has.

Their offense as of late has been even flatter than usual - tied for 5th worst in the league, and shut out in two of their last three games.

Seguin leads the team with 50 points, and at this rate I have a hard time seeing Dallas's leading scorer even hitting 60 points on the year. That is just mind-blowing to me, especially for a (current) playoff team. :help:

What is the deal with these guys? Haven't been this bad since early October.

EDIT: That website hasn't updated from last night's games, so it'll definitely drop below 98%. That makes way more sense. :laugh:

I don’t know about that website but The Athletic has them at 98% after today’s update and that’s because Dallas still has the 4th highest point percentage in the West despite this losing streak.

It’s very unlikely another team will take third in the Central but it’s still theoretically possible. It’s ludicrous to act like the Stars wouldn’t easily grab a wild card slot if they fell out of the top 3.

Have you seen this season’s batch of Western Conference bubble teams? The Wild is having a nice late surge that’s at least resurrected their playoff hopes but the rest of them have mostly spent the last month tripping over their own dicks. I don’t see which two teams are going to beat out the Stars for the wild card spots if a Central team somehow passes them.

Yes, the Stars do need to stop losing but losing streaks like this have happened to other stronger contenders recently. The West is very weak this year, the Stars could potentially make the playoffs even if they only get 10 points in their last 13 games. I’m guessing they get more than 10 points.

The Stars have issues, their lack of offense could sink them them very quickly in a playoff series but missing the playoffs isn’t a looming threat.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
3rd? Who's ahead of him? :laugh:

That guy always goes out of his way to hate on Heiskanen don't pay attention to him. Heiskanen might actually end up 2nd on the team in points this season and without him they don't even come near a playoff spot. He's been great and one of the few bright spots

Don't take that as a knock on Heiskanen. I've been told Dallas has 3 Top 10 Defensemen

Damn you're still bringing up what one guy who doesn't ever even show up on the Stars board said? Crazy that has stuck with you for a year now

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00