The Coyotes are terrible and can't score

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
What has happened to Chucky? Is he playing injured?
Won’t claim to have seen much of him in Arizona but I doubt he’s changed much from his time in Montreal.

And from there, the answer to your question is:

He’s got some good tools, but he’s just not a great hockey player and his engagement is highly questionable.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Won’t claim to have seen much of him in Arizona but I doubt he’s changed much from his time in Montreal.

And from there, the answer to your question is:

He’s got some good tools, but he’s just not a great hockey player and his engagement is highly questionable.

I think his biggest issue is his speed and hockey sense. His shot is elite and his puck-handling skills are top notch. It was frustrating watching him never get open to use his shot (other than on the PP). That said, the Habs could use his shot on their anemic PP.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Now this is a thread title I can get behind. No guessing or getting fooled into thinking it will be one thing when it is actually something else.

:clap::clap:

Reactions: dukeofjive

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
This Domi for Galchenyuk looks really bad for Arizona right now.

Galchenyuk (4.9 M$ - 2 years left (UFA)) :
22GP3G8A11PTS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Domi : (3.15M$ - 2 years left (RFA) )
33GP14G19A33PTS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yotes would certainly need Domi's production this year. Great move by Bergevin.

BTW I have to admit I didn't like it at the moment.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
This Domi for Galchenyuk looks really bad for Arizona right now.

Galchenyuk (4.9 M$ - 2 years left (UFA)) :
22GP3G8A11PTS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Domi : (3.15M$ - 2 years left (RFA) )
33GP14G19A33PTS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Yotes would certainly need Domi's production this year. Great move by Bergevin.

BTW I have to admit I didn't like it at the moment.

Yup. Can't believe I'm saying this but Bergevin is getting the last laugh on this one so far; almost atones for his Subban trade.

Yotes are playing better than expected considering their roster though. Probably have the least scoring prowess in the league on paper but goaltending has kept them somewhat respectable in the standings

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Top 5 GM according to Hfboards but can't get a team out of the basement.

Let's see you try running a team under the budget constraints that Chayka is forced to run that franchise under... also I don't think all the failed 1st round picks from the older regime helped. He has also been the GM there for only 2 years which is not enough time to turn a franchise around.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Sure, the league wants Arizona to fail after they've propped them up for years like weekend at Bernie's. The draft lottery is closely watched to make sure there's no mucking around. This isn't some bush league lottery like the Stern era NBA.

Canucks have lost out more than anyone in the lottery and I agree it's not the worst way to do it. Grizzlies/Raptors were screwed way harder.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
We've epitomized playing well without actual results. The SOG count has been very lopsided but we now have 2 goals on 164 shots. We've also been shut out in 3 of our first 4 games. What gives? I don't even understand anymore.
Being bought out by the league for the sake of keeping the team is never a good sign...

It's still the stigma. I don't see a dominant will behind building a winning team there. Some good assets on paper, but no structure or system.

Reactions: dukeofjive
Nov 24, 2006
Dylan Strome with another goal tonight. Why wasn’t this guy given a chance in Arizona?
The Coyotes seem to trade a lot. And it’s not always fading vets. Just my casual observation.

How does Max Domi become a PPG player as soon as he leaves? I saw Strome and Perlini play the other night and both looked great.
Strange organization IMO with their trading strategy.

Reactions: Voight and Goulet17

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The Coyotes seem to trade a lot. And it’s not always fading vets. Just my casual observation.

How does Max Domi become a PPG player as soon as he leaves? I saw Strome and Perlini play the other night and both looked great.
Strange organization IMO with their trading strategy.

Ultimately, this is what may seal Chayka's fate (certainly Tochett's fate). You cannot have multiple trades in which struggling, yet promising young players are traded and immediately flourish with their new organizations. It looks like the situation is not specific to those young players but rather the organization.

This is Chayka's third season and he has made moves to win now (Stepan, etc.) with no payoff. The organization is not showing improvement and most GMs do not have the benefit of several years of turning things around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad