The Coyotes are terrible and can't score

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Panik-Stepan-Keller
Crouse-Strome-Fischer
Grabner-Richardson-Cousins
Perlini-Kempe-Hinostraza

Galchenyuk coming back will help to some extent, but even with him it's a very very thing forward group. Stepan/Keller, their two best forwards, are also more playmaking guys than scorers, and they don't really have anyone to pass to.

their 1st line is worse then torontos 3rd.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Where did they expect to get goals? Grabner while good wasn't good in NJ. Stepan is a consistent 55 point guy, but probably shouldn't be leading and teams forward group in TOI. I like Keller and think he'll be a good player in this league, but sophmore slumps do happen. It's up to Keller to make adjustments in his game

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
They definitely outplayed Anaheim in both matchups.

They outplayed the Sabres last night, by quite a lot actually.

Litterally two posts in a row saying they outplayed their opponent, posted by fans who actually watched the games. That's 3 of the Coyotes 4 games being vouched for, 2 of which were against the top team in the Pacific.

And yet the very next post is this garbage:

This team needs to be relocated. It’s a dead hockey market, and it’ll never be popular and as a result, they’ll always have less than mediocre teams. I would cringe so hard if I was drafted by them.

I seriously don't understand how anyone can post something this wrong. It's not just wrong, its openly ignorant and borderline offensive.

As someone who watched some of the Coyotes games this season, and someone who follows the team and organization, I can say that they don't need to be relocated.It's not a dead hockey market, they are popular, and they have much more than a mediocre team. I cringed so hard reading your post, @Goodbahd.

The problem is, as many have said, they lack some finishing talent, especially on the wings. Keller has had to fill in at C at some points because their #2 and #3 guys are out with injuries. Galchenyuk coming back will be an instant boost, as will anything that keeps Keller on the wing where he belongs. He was useless at center. But the point is, the goals will come.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
It's way too soon to be talking about John Chayka being a bust of a GM. It's only the beginning of year 3. The plan he implemented is gonna take at least 5 years to really see good results.

No way you can judge Chayka right now. Especially since Alex Galchenyuk isn't even healthy. Is he gonna make a world of difference? No but he's one of their best forwards. He's going to help put guys in place and take pressure off Keller.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Its been 4 games, they have an unsustainably low shooting percentage and Galchenyuk, Dvorak and Chychrun are injured.

Lets give it some time before passing judgement. They're getting PDO'd right now in a small sample. They likely wont be great, but its to early to pass judgement.

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Hot damn!

Maybe somebody should be telling that to the locals of Raleigh so they can sell more tickets than some of the teams in the CHL. Just an idea.

Can we be sure the banner is there if no one has been to the arena to see it?

You know you are out of actual arguments when "well we have more fans than youuu" is your response.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I have honestly never seen a team be that much better with one player on the ice than Edm right now. I have watched all three Edm games this season and last night as a NYR fan you are scared every time McJesus is on the ice. Never really get nervous with him off the ice.

They might be the worst team in the league with McDavid off the ice.

If the Oilers didn't have McDavid, the main headline wouldn't be the Coyotes lack of scoring, it would be "How have the Oilers scored zero goals in 3 games and had only 5 total scoring chances in 3 games? Worst offense ever?"

Cotton

May 13, 2013
You know you are out of actual arguments when "well we have more fans than youuu" is your response.

Thats funny, I would say resorting to a dick measuring contest by bringing up their Cup win was running out of an actual argument. I guess you see one dick measuring contest different from another dick measuring contest.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Thats funny, I would say resorting to a dick measuring contest by bringing up their Cup win was running out of an actual argument. I guess you see one dick measuring contest different from another dick measuring contest.
You do know the response regarding team success came up because a Toronto fan came in with the "Coyotes have always sucked" comment, right?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Cotton

May 13, 2013
You do know the response regarding team success came up because a Toronto fan came in with the "Coyotes have always sucked" comment, right?

That is actually besides the point, but the comment was "Death, Taxes, and the Coyotes being terrible", several other posts essentially amounted to the same thing with one even from a Coyotes fan. A Hurricanes fan zeroed in on that one post (of many) I guess to attempt to defend the Coyotes honour, which is completely fine, but brought out the pissing contest when the opportunity presented itself to reveal who his favourite team was, and so he got a little of it back.

Seems fair, its not like anyone led off with an attendance jab, in which case I'd agree with you.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's way too soon to be talking about John Chayka being a bust of a GM. It's only the beginning of year 3. The plan he implemented is gonna take at least 5 years to really see good results.

No way you can judge Chayka right now. Especially since Alex Galchenyuk isn't even healthy. Is he gonna make a world of difference? No but he's one of their best forwards. He's going to help put guys in place and take pressure off Keller.

If Galchenyuk is your ace in the hole I think things are more grim than you realize.

Reactions: Sweetbutt

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY
Litterally two posts in a row saying they outplayed their opponent, posted by fans who actually watched the games. That's 3 of the Coyotes 4 games being vouched for, 2 of which were against the top team in the Pacific.

And yet the very next post is this garbage:

I seriously don't understand how anyone can post something this wrong. It's not just wrong, its openly ignorant and borderline offensive.

As someone who watched some of the Coyotes games this season, and someone who follows the team and organization, I can say that they don't need to be relocated.It's not a dead hockey market, they are popular, and they have much more than a mediocre team. I cringed so hard reading your post, @Goodbahd.

The problem is, as many have said, they lack some finishing talent, especially on the wings. Keller has had to fill in at C at some points because their #2 and #3 guys are out with injuries. Galchenyuk coming back will be an instant boost, as will anything that keeps Keller on the wing where he belongs. He was useless at center. But the point is, the goals will come.

Sabres fan here... from what I saw the other night, your team play is fine (good system). It generates good CF but most of the shots taken were not hard to stop and there was not enough "in front of the net presence" for screens and rebounds. IMHO, if you start crashing the net more, I think the goals will come. I also agree with point above that with the lack of finishing talent.

One last point... I wish we had your coach over ours.

Reactions: iSophagus

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
If Galchenyuk is your ace in the hole I think things are more grim than you realize.

A 20-25 goal, 50-55 point forward will help things quite a lot.

No one expects this team to make the playoffs. Galchenyuk is an ace in the hole in helping Arizona not get shut out 3 out of every 4 games. He is going to take pressure off of other players.

The return of Christian Dvorak will also help provide much needed depth to the top 9.

Both player's returns will push Brad Richardson and Nick Cousins out of the top 9. Pretty nice trade off. But yes, the Coyotes are in need of at least 2 more skilled top 6 forwards that can put the puck in the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad