The Coyotes are terrible and can't score

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
On topic, they brought Chayka in thinking he could pull off hockeys version of Moneyball. Cheap team wins games. Prob is hockey isn’t baseball and advanced stats are mostly useless, at least today. Too many intangibles as play that don’t show up in the stats. You have to actually watch guys play and the teams that have unlimited money to spend on amateur and pro scouting will always boot stomp the low budget teams.

I don’t have a strong opinion on Chayka or know the yotes org inside out but my guess is he is playing with significantly less staff by numbers and talent then his competitors and it would be a small miracle to build a winner in AZ with his resources. Feel bad for Yotes fans, I can’t see that team ever competing in that market without a big money owner willing to go for it.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
When is this team gonna move to Hartford or even Yellowknife so they would have some actual fans.

They are still lucky to have Keller and Raanta in the team. But where the heck are the rest? Trading Domi was also so stupid...

Hockey doesn't belong in the dessert.
According to the numbers they deserve one as much as New York deserves the Islanders. Which is to say, apparently neither do. But let's be honest and not reserve negative judgement for the desert-dwellers.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Thx for the breakdown but I've watched him play for the past 7 years.

He did score 30 goals, though. But he has always looked like a kid that his body grew up too fast. And in that sometime with this overgrown kid body it looks like a Disney movie where he is super-human but other times his magic legs/arms are failling him and the whole thing does a weird move and he looks as clumsy as a Jim Carrey movie and it's like he's fighting his body and it goes all over the place. I had a friend who was like this, he was tall as Hell and sometime he would get these leg cramps' and fall on his butt. lol Chucky is fighting his own body(including brain). That is why people are always saying he has all the tools. But cannot put them all together.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
He did score 30 goals, though. But he has always looked like a kid that his body grew up too fast. And in that sometime with this overgrown kid body it looks like a Disney movie where he is super-human but other times his magic legs/arms are failling him and the whole thing does a weird move and he looks as clumsy as a Jim Carrey movie and it's like he's fighting his body and it goes all over the place. I had a friend who was like this, he was tall as Hell and sometime he would get these leg cramps' and fall on his butt. lol Chucky is fighting his own body(including brain). That is why people are always saying he has all the tools. But cannot put them all together.

Problem is he doesn’t have all the tools, he is missing one big one, skating. I think there was an assumption that his foot speed would improve post draft and it hasn’t. In fact he seems slower then he was as a rookie.

There is a path forward from him but it involves some serious focus on his feet and I question if he has the motivation to put the work in thats required. Dude needs to spend a whole summer on the ice with a skating coach.

I’ve alway pictured him spending all his summer time on ice working on one timers and in the gym on his beach bod.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad