The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah, if you look at it in a bubble and don't account for them playing over their heads.
Over their heads???

Are you telling me none are able to come close, equal or surpass those totals??

KK, Lehks, Drouin will surely do better and the emergence of Poehling and Kulak and a full year of Juulsen and Weber........are we really gonna be stuck in mud while the entire NHL makes giant leaps in progression??

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Over their heads???

KK, Lehks, Drouin and the emergence of Poehling and Kulak and a full year of Juulsen and Weber........are we really gonna be stuck in mud while the entire NHL makes giant leaps in progression??

Thats not exactly what I said.

However, if we go into next season with Danault as our 1C, Petry as our 1D and Shaw as our 2nd RW, we won't see the POs again, mark my words.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Over their heads???

KK, Lehks, Drouin and the emergence of Poehling and Kulak and a full year of Juulsen and Weber........are we really gonna be stuck in mud while the entire NHL makes giant leaps in progression??
You have to expect some regression half the team is not going to post career highs two years in a row that being said there will hopefully be progression from the younger guys but unfortunately that leaves us at the same spot as today because they cancel each other out

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Thats not exactly what I said.

However, if we go into next season with Danault as our 1C, Petry as our 1D and Shaw as our 2nd RW, we won't see the POs again, mark my words.
For sure we don’t stand a chance but that means we’re not budging on anything and I doubt that happens

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You have to expect some regression half the team is not going to post career highs two years in a row that being said there will hopefully be progression from the younger guys bit unfortunately that leaves us at the same spot as today because they cancel each other out
This is why we need a LHD, win out on a UFA and make a 3 pieces for 1 trade

We can also think that most teams will also have players regress......it’s not a hab only issue

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For sure we don’t stand a chance but that means we’re not budging on anything and I doubt that happens
This is OT, but you think CJ will strip away Gally/Tatar and his 18 minutes from Danault ? Why? Danault is not going to get worse, he's going to be the same player and there's no reasons to do it. Thats going to hinder the teams success.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This is OT, but you think CJ will strip away Gally/Tatar and his 18 minutes from Danault ? Why? Danault is not going to get worse, he's going to be the same player and there's no reasons to do it. Thats going to hinder the teams success.
Let’s revisit all this once we hit mid July and the next years roster is sort’ve set.

I’m good with them as a trio and I don’t really see a decline, especially if we can beef up the other two lines

Reactions: Habs Icing

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I don't know why anyone would retain the miniature Mete. He's neither a scorer nor a checker. I doubt the Habs will be able to draft another Sergachev in 2019.

I'm heartened by Poehling's spectacular debut. The center situation is no longer looking bleak.

I wasn't counting on Primeau, but he might prove to be an asset at some point.

P.S. Did anyone notice that Pacioretty has been thriving in Vegas? Some board members were baying at the moon. Oh well. at least least Bergevin got good value in the trade.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You have to expect some regression half the team is not going to post career highs two years in a row that being said there will hopefully be progression from the younger guys but unfortunately that leaves us at the same spot as today because they cancel each other out

So after Kucherov's career year in 2016-17, did he regress?

Reactions: jaffy27

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't know why anyone would retain the miniature Mete. He's neither a scorer nor a checker. I doubt the Habs will be able to draft another Sergachev in 2019.

I'm heartened by Poehling's spectacular debut. The center situation is no longer looking bleak.

I wasn't counting on Primeau, but he might prove to be an asset at some point.

P.S. Did anyone notice that Pacioretty has been thriving in Vegas? Some board members were baying at the moon. Oh well. at least least Bergevin got good value in the trade.
Totally fine with the trade.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Julien needs to go if the team is to progress and integrate youth. No coincidence for me how well the team did without Weber and playing a Ducharme style early on, and how they looked once Julien started riding vets and grinders once Weber came back. The new NHL quickly regressed into the old NHL and it showed in the standings as well. When the young players need to take a backseat to guys who were signed to be AHL players, something is very wrong. Boston tossed him because of the same thing, and it is time for Montreal to do likewise. He is good for a team trying to make the best of a lousy lineup, but as you try to become more talented he is a handicap not an asset. Some here think a leopard changed his spots, when we all know that is impossible.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I get he's a fan favourite but so far he's looking at a first round exit followed by two non-playoff seasons. Hard to imagine Claude (along with Bergevin) is still here if we miss yet again, and so far this season isn't looking promising based on our offseason. I want to give Julien this season to get the train back on its tracks but at the same time I want to see Ducharme take over the second this team starts to slip in the standings heavily (I'm talking bottom 5 finish, which ultimately might not be a bad thing for drafting purposes).

Sorry mods, I couldn't find a coaching thread. Feel free to merge.

Reactions: overlords

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
It will depend of the next season. If we arent competitionning. He will leave after next season

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I get he's a fan favourite but so far he's looking at a first round exit followed by two non-playoff seasons. Hard to imagine Claude (along with Bergevin) is still here if we miss yet again, and so far this season isn't looking promising based on our offseason. I want to give Julien this season to get the train back on its tracks but at the same time I want to see Ducharme take over the second this team starts to slip in the standings heavily (I'm talking bottom 5 finish, which ultimately might not be a bad thing for drafting purposes).

Sorry mods, I couldn't find a coaching thread. Feel free to merge.

Don't really agree.

Julien has not a lot to work with since he's been here. His job is to get the most out of his players.....and since a tons of Habs player came out of their best season ever, he did his job and very well too. The blame is on Bergevin.

As for Ducharme, no thank you...not yet, not close to be ready and as many other rookies coaches we had in the past....it never work for a long time.

He's a junior coach with 1 year experience in the pro.....look at Boucher, didn't last long exactly because of lack of knowledge to coach pros

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsDood

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Don't really agree.

Julien has not a lot to work with since he's been here. His job is to get the most out of his players.....and since a tons of Habs player came out of their best season ever, he did his job and very well too. The blame is on Bergevin.

As for Ducharme, no thank you...not yet, not close to be ready and as many other rookies coaches we had in the past....it never work for a long time.

He's a iunior coaches with 1 year experience in the pro.....look at Boucher, didn't last long exactly because of lack of knowledge to coach pros

Boucher didn't last long because of his personality not coaching. Ones like him never last long before players start to tune them out. Julien is a fossil who has shown that even with success playing a different style, he can't stop reverting to the old style of play and misusing young players. There is a reason Boston let him go, and found success after. If it is clearly Ducharme the next in line, I want him to get experience and the team getting his style down, before the young players start to hit the line-up. I also think that he can work on a style that suits both Montreal and Laval with Bouchard better than Julien can. It appears at least in the second half they were preaching two completely different systems. Based on the line-up in Montreal, and the youth in Laval this has to happen as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad