The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Julien addressed the media via Zoom following Monday's Game 2 (20/08/03) loss in the Qualifying Round series against Pittsburgh:
“Our best players have to be our best players. Tonight we had some guys who really struggled.”
“Price given us a chance to win both games. He’s been our best player and that’s what he was tonight and I wish some other players had responded tonight… But that's what Carey is, and that's what Carey's known for. And he's living up to his reputation right now.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Conférence de presse - Vidéo: Julien (20/08/04)

Julien s'est entretenu avec les médias via Zoom, mardi matin, depuis l'intérieur de la bulle LNH à Toronto:
«Ce n’est pas une question de tactique, mais plutôt de volonté et de détermination, foncer vers le filet et remporter les batailles pour l'obtention de la rondelle. Nous devons en donner plus à ce niveau.»

«À l’attaque, nous avons besoin d’une meilleure contribution de tout le monde. Je ne vais pas blâmer un seul trio. Il faut plus de détermination pour générer plus de chances de marquer. Quand nous décidons de jouer avec ardeur, de patiner avec intensité, nous générons des chances. Il faut être capable de jouer tout un match comme on l'a fait en troisième période. On peut patiner à un rythme soutenu, même si je trouve qu'on ne le fait pas toujours à la hauteur de nos capacités. Pour y arriver, on le dit depuis le début du camp d'entraînement, nous avons besoin que les quatre trios nous donnent un bon coup de pouce. Ils doivent foncer un après l'autre et fatiguer nos adversaires.»
«On a manqué de concentration ou posé des gestes de paresse. Ça a grandement affecté notre jeu. Nous sommes à notre mieux à cinq contre cinq. Nous devons jouer davantage à égalité numérique. Les Penguins n'ont obtenu qu'un but en supériorité numérique, mais ils ont créé des chances de marquer et ils se sont donné du rythme, comme c'est souvent le cas. Nous devons éviter le banc des pénalités et jouer à cinq contre cinq.»
«Je ne sais pas comment Sullivan va réagir. Ça peut être un léger avantage, si je peux l'utiliser. Les trios de Crosby et Malkin n'ont pas fait énormément de dégâts jusqu'à maintenant. Je devrai voir si j'opposerai un jeune comme Kotkaniemi à Malkin pour une mise en jeu en zone offensive. J’ai toute la journée pour penser à notre stratégie. Vous aurez les réponses avant le match, mercredi (20/08/05).»

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Julien addressed the media via Zoom following Wednesday's Game 3 (20/08/05) win in the Qualifying Round series against Pittsburgh:
“We’re playing a team that knows exactly what to do to get back into a series. We’re aware of that, so we need to be playing our best game come Game 4 here.”

“I think we’re a good skating team and we've a lot of potential. We lack experience compared to the other team and we’re trying to make it up with our compete level. It’s given us a 2-1 lead. At the end of the day, we know where the experience is and the only way we can counter that is to work hard and show commitment and desire.”

“I think we responded well. We still had a few more scoring chances. I thought we kept playing our game. It’s important we build some confidence with our group. There’s no doubt they had their push. They were playing with desperation.”

“They’re not power-play goals, but they came at the end of a power play as a result of momentum. If you look at where our power play has been, it was much better tonight. We created some chances, we just didn’t get the results.”

“For the home-ice advantage and the rights to the last change, I called the referee and said: they can’t make that change after you put your arm up and we make our change... I brought it to their attention and that’s what happened...”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Claude Julien addressed the media via Zoom ahead of Game 4 against the Penguins on Friday (20/08/07):
“Tonight, we probably have our biggest challenge of all right now. You've got a team against a wall, and a team that you know knows how to handle these kind of situations. So we're going to need our best game tonight. Simple as that.”

“That test will come this afternoon. It’s certain that they've players on the other side that are capable of changing the complexion of a series and we’re aware of it. Like I said before, we know we’re going to have our best game. As much as we’re happy about how we’ve started this series, finishing it'll be the most important thing. And that chance comes this afternoon.”

Julien addresses the media via Zoom on Thursday morning (20/08/06), from the NHL bubble in Toronto:
“I don't think much changes. We won't have a morning skate tomorrow morning so we'll skate a bit this afternoon. It'll be really light, just to get the guys out of the hotel and get them moving a bit. That's what we've got planned. But 4:00 p.m. is a good time to play hockey and we'll be ready for it.”

“We prepared ourselves well for the playoffs. It started a few weeks ago in Brossard when we arrived and like I've said since the beginning, we weren't expecting to be in the playoffs. We were given an opportunity and we need to take advantage of it. We've more to gain than we have to lose so it's important for us to give everything we've got. The players are doing that at the moment.”

“Haven't heard much of Evans, but he obviously got rocked on that hit. As of now, we'd say he's doubtful for Game 4.”

“It’s sure that it will help him with these two wingers, two good defensive players. Lehkonen has been playing great hockey since the start of the playoffs and we know what Byron brings. The change gave Danault some great wingers who complement him well.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Julien addresses the media via Zoom after eliminating the Penguins in Game 4 of the Qualifying Round (20/08/07):
“We've an opportunity here to grow, and we can’t ask for a better occasion. There's no doubt your team gets an opportunity to grow. But we all know when the next series starts, we're obviously going to be playing the top seed, so we'll have our hands full again.”
“They're starting to understand how consistency is important. I think we've played four good games. One we lost because they were the better team. This was our fourth game in seven nights and I thought we did an excellent job of defending, we didn't give them much. We knew their backs were against the wall and they were going to be desperate, but I thought defensively we did a good job and we managed to score that goal when we needed it.”

“It’s not so much what you learn, but it’s what we were able to prove. I always felt we had good leadership. We’re a young team. We had some areas we wanted to see improve during the season and we've an opportunity here in the playoffs. Say what you want, whether it was ignorance from a young group that didn’t know any better. We believed in our team, we’re having fun with it. We’re enjoying the win today, but we've to be even better when the next series starts. Because we’ll be facing one of the top seeds and we’ll have our hands full.”

“I’d say that if we didn’t have the contribution of Kotkaniemi and Suzuki, I’m not sure I’d be here right now having won this series. Those two players made such a difference. It’s certain that our goaltender was excellent. Our three big defenceman played a huge role and were excellent as well. BThe contribution from the rest of the team and the youngsters were involved, that’s what made the difference.”

“I also saw Price at the Olympics, and in the World Cup here a few years ago, I’ve seen him at his best often. He feels good and he’s in his bubble, in his zone. He continues to play big games. And it’s certain that, with a young team, you hope to have good goaltending. But we got excellent goaltending in this series.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad