The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Michel therrien was maybe toi much quick to make somes moves in his line up but Julien is very too slow. Whats is the problem.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Michel therrien was maybe toi much quick to make somes moves in his line up but Julien is very too slow. Whats is the problem.
806FF71B-E6E2-4352-AA28-E5BD7A935E28.gif

Reactions: TRG and Hins77

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I couldn't believe he was on the first wave with Kotka, Domi Kovalchuk, and Weber. I know we have injuries but that was just sick. I was pretty ticked off when it happened.

Bergevin needs to just trade him to take away CJ's toy. That would probably spark a crazy feud between those two.

Can Laviolette speak French?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I couldn't believe he was on the first wave with Kotka, Domi Kovalchuk, and Weber. I know we have injuries but that was just sick. I was pretty ticked off when it happened.

Bergevin needs to just trade him to take away CJ's toy. That would probably spark a crazy feud between those two.

Can Laviolette speak French?
It pisses me off beyond belief. Why not have Suzuki on with those guys? Last game CJ had Weal Quarterbacking the point FFS. Kovalchuk is a power play beast and we give him Weal to work with?

Reactions: DAChampion

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It pisses me off beyond belief. Why not have Suzuki on with those guys? Last game CJ had Weal Quarterbacking the point FFS. Kovalchuk is a power play beast and we give him Weal to work with?

I'd have Mete, Scandella, Chiarot, Lehkonen, and Poehling on the pp before Weal and Cousins - to name a few.

Xaydhon1

Oct 5, 2019
What if he's really dumb and he actually really thinks that Weal is doing a good job on the pp.
Every time we scored tonight, he sent out the 4th line right after, way to kill any little bit of offensive momentum his miserable team had.
Can't stand his big ugly face anymore. Fire this clown

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
What if he's really dumb and he actually really thinks that Weal is doing a good job on the pp.
Every time we scored tonight, he sent out the 4th line right after, way to kill any little bit of offensive momentum his miserable team had.
Can't stand his big ugly face anymore. Fire this clown
500CC6DE-5153-423A-B8A1-B72A9DEAF2E3.jpeg
B9EA6982-265D-4A56-86F9-418BF009E9B9.jpeg
782D00AC-D1A4-4408-ABCC-7E70489E796C.gif

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Julien's usage of Weal is just like Martin's usage of Darche. Unwarranted opportunities both 5 on 5 and on the PP. I understand the team is hit with injuries but what does Weal honestly bring to the PP? Heck, Poehling makes more sense because he can at least be a net front presence and battle along the boards. Weal doesn't have a dangerous shot, isn't big enough to go in front of the net and isn't that good of a passer. It makes completely no sense to give him the opportunities Julien has given him. At least when Julien kept putting Armia on the PP last season it made sense since he was big and can win board battles. Weal simply can't do that and anything he can provide on the PP is easily replaceable.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Probably because it’s working
Julien seems to go off the motto of "Well if you try long and hard enough it will work eventually". Cousins and Weal are bound to do something on the PP eventually. It may just take them 100 tries to do so which is just inefficient. While I understand that our injuries have depleted the forward group, Julien was playing Weal on the PP for no reason when we were healthy which is problematic because Weal simply doesn't have any traits that justifies giving him a shot. If he had a trait like a good shot, strong passer or can be a net presence then I'd understand why he's being given a shot. But Weal doesn't have any of that and that's not a knock on him, he's just a fringe NHLer. It's on the coaching staff to realize this and plan accordingly which they haven't.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Claude is absolutely OBSESSED With playing Weal on the PP. It has gotten to the point were I legitimately think something weird is going on between them. What’s your best explanation?
Weal is a right handed shot and gives the PP options...that's really the only explanation

Now that they signed Kovalchuk and with Gallagher & Armia returning soon.

Don't expect Weal to continue to see PP time.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Weal is a right handed shot and gives the PP options...that's really the only explanation

Now that they signed Kovalchuk and with Gallagher & Armia returning soon.

Don't expect Weal to continue to see PP time.

He was on the PP at the opening game, when armia, suzuki and gallagher were playing, and he never left that PP

Claude Julien is filling Weal's Rêve d'enfant right now, no other explanations possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce