The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
As good a time as any to dump this jagaloon. Ducharme can handle HC duties

Our PK is total crap
Our PP is total crap

Why would Ducharme deserve a promotion. He's part of that coaching staff.
Why is Julien responsible for everything….Ducharme doesn't deserve to be promote….he deserve to be fired with the rest of them.

He's got a voice in what's happening right now.
How Ducharme is the one immune in that coaching staff and somehow, deserve a promotion?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Our PK is total crap
Our PP is total crap

Why is Julien responsible for everything….Ducharme doesn't deserve to be promote….he deserve to be fired with the rest of them.

How Ducharme is the one immune in that coaching staff and somehow, deserve a promotion?
I mean you can go out and hire someone else too. Bottom line is Julien needs to go. Lost the room. The last thing I want for Suzuki, Fleury and KK is to be in this toxic environment with this coach

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Player deployment, goaltending woes and line combinations aside...

Blowing leads in the recent losses leading up to last night, where we “bounced back” with an 8-1 thrashing from a division rival without their #1 center and goalie where they scored 7 unanswered goals... that is on the coach.
Is it really though? If the answer is yes, then what about the team playing over it's head for a month and a half? Our D is putrid and Phil Danault is our number one center, it's not on the coach. it's on the GM.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Our PK is total crap
Our PP is total crap

Ducharme has plenty of influence on that coaching staff, who did Drouin turn to in the summer?

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Our PK is total crap
Our PP is total crap

Ducharme is limited to what he can do cause he is under Julien. I don't think the coaches are the problem regardless. We are just a mid range team and it's a bad low point. Fringe wild card team last year and that's not going to change unless we sell on some vets. Even if we add Hall, our centers are too young to go on deep playoff runs.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I mean you can go out and hire someone else too. Bottom line is Julien needs to go. Lost the room. The last thing I want for Suzuki, Fleury and KK is to be in this toxic environment with this coach

Suzuki, Fleury are improving well….KK it's on him.
Problem is….if Julien needs to go, so does Bergevin cause the failures on this team is much more on Bergevin than Julien.

What do you want Julien to do?
Transform KK into Petersson?
Transform Danault into Bergeron?
Transform Gallagher into Pastrnak?
Transform Tatar into MArner?
Transform Fleury into Makar?
Transform Domi into Crosby?

We don't have a good team….he can't transform it into a good team.
Firing the coaches won't make this team any better, cause it's not a good team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is it really though? If the answer is yes, then what about the team playing over it's head for a month and a half? Our D is putrid and Phil Danault is our number one center, it's not on the coach. it's on the GM.

Eyes will be on Bergevin for sure. Remember his month to month evaluation comment? I'd love to know how confident he feels about our ability to make the playoffs at this point? Yeah, 75% of the season left and lots can happen but we are "stuck in the middle with Bergevin". Sit down with Molson and figure out a way to get us out of the mid pack please! It's not a great strategy at all

I like how we have a lot of potential with our youth... Double down on that please!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Problem is….if Julien needs to go, so does Bergevin cause the failures on this team is much more on Bergevin than Julien.

It's a decent team but we are too young. We have decent vets but our youth can't fill the holes fast enough. I agree with your narrative that the coach can only do so much

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not time to fire him. Not this season. Unless he continues to throw the kids under the bus and the GM gets tired of it. That's what happened in Boston, BTW.
Yes because we all know that the GM has a plan and playing the kids is right up there on his list lol. This team is in a terrible mess, my God, we can forget winning and we can keep adding years to this 25 year drought, things are not good.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't disagree….so he's responsible as all the other coaches, including Julien, for what's happening….that's actually my point.
I agree and was just furthering it. Firing Julien is doing nothing more than rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Ducharme might get to take over but will that transform Weal,Cousins and Thompson into Gainey, Lafleur and Bergeron? The gm signed and traded for all of these scrubs, they have to play, we are all about the bottom line, on the roster and on the books lol.

Reactions: Milhouse40

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Don't have a problem with Claude, it's on the players clode was hired to compete and make the loffs not develop kids I don't see why people are suprised . Also how is it clodes fault that KK is stinking up the joint , you got Nate Thompson playing better hockey than KK that's inexcusable

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
WbCYL2B.png

Shocked ... nobody is.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Our PK is total crap
Our PP is total crap

I would be fine with giving Ducharme the reins on an interim basis, but MB needs to go as well.

He doubled down on MT (foxhole presser) at a moronic time, and then paid a premium for a coach who has got the team nowhere and seems to have lost the leadership-laden room. His credibility revolver has to be out of bullets.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

We can start by not using our plugs first wave PP, not thrashing the players every chance we get, actually trying to adapt and mix the lines when it's clearly not been working for 6 games.

Just look at Julien freaking out on the bench all game. He's on a slippery slope. He's done here

Reactions: Tighthead and LaP

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am not a Julien fan at all, I still see him as the coach that stood behind the Bruins bench and yelled all game long. I also know that our roster is bad and having Ducharme take over is not going to have the same effect as Keefe taking over in Toronto when Babcock was fired, we don't have the talent. If by some miracle, Ducharme takes over and we play KK and Suki 15+ minutes a night then I'm all for it, top 5 pick(what I want) here we come.

Reactions: DangerDave

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's a decent team but we are too young. We have decent vets but our youth can't fill the holes fast enough. I agree with your narrative that the coach can only do so much

It's not a decent team.

Our #1 center (Danault) would be probably ranked between 28 to 31 compare to other 1st line center and i can do the exercices for everybody on this team and i don't think any would be considered in the top 15 considering where they play him in the line-up.

Our best point producer got 20 points and it'S barely enough to crack the top 50 in the league.

Our offense comes from depth line-up but it was a very fragile depth.
Drouin and Byron goes out, we scored more than 2 goals once in 4 games since then.

But without that depth working as a unit, our offense crumble.

Then you add that we have one of the worst D-corps in the NHL and most of our forwards are not 200 foot players…..and as we can see now, if our goalies doesn't steal 2-3-4 goals a night, we lose the game. We have one of the worst PP and the worst PK….it's not a decent team.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We can start by not using our plugs first wave PP, not thrashing the players every chance we get, actually trying to adapt and mix the lines when it's clearly not been working for 6 games.

Just look at Julien freaking out on the bench all game. He's on a slippery slope. He's done here

As i said...what the hell are is option?

You want Lehkonen on the PP or maybe you prefer Armia?
You want to see Hudon on the top 6 or Cousins?
You want Kulak instead Reilly on D.....sure.....freaking Kulak is still a nightmare in his zone….maybe he should go with Folin?
He only got bad options here.

I mean, what the hell can he do that would be so much better….and don't tell me Kotkaniemi cause he's doing nothing this year.
He looks like a coach that needs help from his GM

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I would be fine with giving Ducharme the reins on an interim basis, but MB needs to go as well.

He doubled down on MT (foxhole presser) at a moronic time, and then paid a premium for a coach who has got the team nowhere and seems to have lost the leadership-laden room. His credibility revolver has to be out of bullets.

Why the love for Ducharme, you want to throw him under the bus…...if you do that, Ducharme will never coach in the NHL ever again after...like Cunneyworth. Put Muller in charge, at least he got the experience and he'S 100000000 times more qualified for the job and deserve to be also fired when the season's end.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
How the f is this Julien's fault?

Did Julien sign Scary Carey to a 8 year 10.5 million?
Did Julien trade Drouin for Sergachev?
Did Julien construct a team that NO ONE could coach to a playoff birth?
Did Julien idiotically keep Kotkaniemi here when he wasn't physically ready?

Let's be honest, Ottawa has a better future and theres one guy who's infinitely more responsible for this team being a failure... For Pete's sake Viktor "fringe NHLr" Mete is your #2 d atm

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
As i said...what the hell are is option?

You want Lehkonen on the PP or maybe you prefer Armia?
You want to see Hudon on the top 6 or Cousins?
You want Kulak instead Reilly on D.....sure.....freaking Kulak is still a nightmare in his zone….maybe he should go with Folin?
He only got bad options here.

I mean, what the hell can he do that would be so much better….and don't tell me Kotkaniemi cause he's doing nothing this year.
He looks like a coach that needs help from his GM
How about not rolling Reilly, Weal and Cousins on the PP. Yes l, I'd rather Lehky or Armia. Or you know, maybe Danault and KK. Anything but those 3.

Yes, I'd rather Kulak. He may not be great but he's a lot better than Reilly. Maybe even try reuniting Kulak and Petry which worked so well for us last year idk.

And how about just sending KK down at this point. You know he has input on the matter. How he can fail to recognize that this is a struggling player that needs to be sent down is beyond me.

But most of all, stop putting your f***ing players under the bus.

Oh and maybe stop relying on the same old center relief pass on the breakout when teams have caught on and clog the middle of the ice.

Honestly, I could go on and on. Id fire him just because it's clear that this team needs a refresh. Julien is NOT the guy you want behind the bench in this instance.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
The coach can't be blamed for being dealted a poor roster. Need to get rid off the GM and rebuild the team. Plus, which francophone coach can fix this mess?

Reactions: jackeymoon

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
How about not rolling Reilly, Weal and Cousins on the PP. Yes l, I'd rather Lehky or Armia. Or you know, maybe Danault and KK. Anything but those 3.

Yes, I'd rather Kulak. He may not be great but he's a lot better than Reilly. Maybe even try reuniting Kulak and Petry which worked so well for us last year idk.

And how about just sending KK down at this point. You know he has input on the matter. How he can fail to recognize that this is a struggling player that needs to be sent down is beyond me.

But most of all, stop putting your ****ing players under the bus.

Oh and maybe stop relying on the same old center relief pass on the breakout when teams have caught on and clog the middle of the ice.

Honestly, I could go on and on. Id fire him just because it's clear that this team needs a refresh. Julien is NOT the guy you want behind the bench in this instance.

Kulak was in the line-up for the first 3 lost of that stretch….you wanted Julien to do nothing?
And make up your mind, is KK go to the minor or on the PP? KK sucked on the PP all of last year….put him there, you won't get anymore results. Danault got on some PP this year and he wasn't any better. There's no good options.

This team is 3rd in our Division….we need a refresh for what? This team ain't good enough to win more than they did this year, in fact i'm still surprise that they are still there today.

This needs a refresh…..in the direction that their been on.
Bergevin is not in a position to hire a new coach….the new GM will get his man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad