The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not a decent team.

Our #1 center (Danault) would be probably ranked between 28 to 31 compare to other 1st line center and i can do the exercices for everybody on this team and i don't think any would be considered in the top 15 considering where they play him in the line-up.

Our best point producer got 20 points and it'S barely enough to crack the top 50 in the league.

Our offense comes from depth line-up but it was a very fragile depth.
Drouin and Byron goes out, we scored more than 2 goals once in 4 games since then.

But without that depth working as a unit, our offense crumble.

Then you add that we have one of the worst D-corps in the NHL and most of our forwards are not 200 foot players…..and as we can see now, if our goalies doesn't steal 2-3-4 goals a night, we lose the game. We have one of the worst PP and the worst PK….it's not a decent team.

It is a decent team, just not a legit top 10 team. We are in the middle somewhere with a good mix of vets, youth, and a top prospect pool. My issue is our youth is not going to be ready fast enough to fill the holes before our vets get past their prime.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It is a decent team, just not a legit top 10 team. We are in the middle somewhere with a good mix of vets, youth, and a top prospect pool. My issue is our youth is not going to be ready fast enough to fill the holes before our vets get past their prime.

Top prospect pool…..tired of this one.
KK doesn't produce in the NHL
Poehling doesn't produce in the AHL
Romanov doesn't produce in the KHL
Brook is having a tough time in the AHL

There's Caulfield and even there…..we don't have one sure core players coming up.

When Toronto had Matthews, Nylander, Marner and Reilly in their prospect pool….what's the name for that?
Super Duper Top prospect pool?

Sometimes it's like other teams don't have those kind prospect….but they all do.
Rangers...just DeAngelo, Shestyorkin and Kakko proabably have more core comeing up than US….same goes with New JErsey with Hischier and Hughues

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Top prospect pool…..tired of this one.
KK doesn't produce in the NHL
Poehling doesn't produce in the AHL
Romanov doesn't produce in the KHL
Brook is having a tough time in the AHL

There's Caulfield and even there…..we don't have one sure core players coming up.

When Toronto had Matthews, Nylander, Marner and Reilly in their prospect pool….what's the name for that?
Super Duper Top prospect pool?

Sometimes it's like other teams don't have those kind prospect….but they all do.
Rangers...just DeAngelo, Shestyorkin and Kakko proabably have more core comeing up than US….same goes with New JErsey with Hischier and Hughues

You might as well give up being a Habs fan if you don't believe in our future potential with our youth and top prospect pool. You can be tired about all you wish. What do you want? A rebuild? Don't you notice that we already have the rebuild 50% or more completed?

I support a bigger movement towards youth and our prospects. What is the alternative choice? Trade the prospects for short term gains?

There is nothing wrong with our current youth and prospect pool. What's wrong is the gap between when the kids are potentially ready to make a impact vs our vets either becoming UFA or past their prime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acadien86

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

It's an issue that I hope Molson/Bergevin does not ignore. We have opportunity here to double down on the youth movement. We have both cap space and vets to use to our advantage. Doesn't need to happen all at once but we need to move in that direction and not let ups/downs in the next season or two change our plan

Reactions: Acadien86

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
It's an issue that I hope Molson/Bergevin does not ignore. We have opportunity here to double down on the youth movement. We have both cap space and vets to use to our advantage. Doesn't need to happen all at once but we need to move in that direction and not let ups/downs in the next season or two change our plan

I'm looking forward to this. I don't really want to wait too long; the more we wait, the more likely our veterans will lose their value.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Is it really though? If the answer is yes, then what about the team playing over it's head for a month and a half? Our D is putrid and Phil Danault is our number one center, it's not on the coach. it's on the GM.

All true, but not that I am defending Bergevin or our, uh, awesome defence, giving up quick goals in succession tells me there is something wrong with how the coach delivers the message. I mean, last year we had that terrible issue where we'd always give up 2 goals within a minute. That's also a coaching issue. Last night, Claude said they "had a talk" after the first, then we proceed to give up the 4th goal on the first shift.

The team is what it is. Obviously losing Drouin (and I guess Byron) is a blow but losing 4 (after holding leads) against lower teams in the standing is a little absurd. Drouin and Byron help with transition and possession, but blowing leads consecutively like this?\

I've coached (kids) for years and yeah, losing strong players is real tough. That said, winning with good players is easy, or easier (just bear with me with that last blanket statement). This is the team our master GM gave the coach so he needs to make due with it.

Don't get me wrong... if I had a giant toilet, I'd flush a whole bunch of people down there, starting with the GM.

Reactions: BLONG7

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You might as well give up being a Habs fan if you don't believe in our future potential with our youth and top prospect pool. You can be tired about all you wish. What do you want? A rebuild? Don't you notice that we already have the rebuild 50% or more completed?

I support a bigger movement towards youth and our prospects. What is the alternative choice? Trade the prospects for short term gains?

There is nothing wrong with our current youth and prospect pool. What's wrong is the gap between when the kids are potentially ready to make a impact vs our vets either becoming UFA or past their prime.

Is prospect can only be traded for short terms gain? Is those the only trade that can be made?

The gap between our kids and the vets goes into what i've been saying for 2 years now….pick a direction and go for it, all-in.
Our young will only replace what we have now, so we will be in the same position as we are now. Their addition will only replace the substraction of the older player we lost…...and even then, not sure we have good enough prospect to make that happens.

Carolina have Aho, Svechnikov, Necas as top prospect NHLer 23 and under
Colorado have Rantanen, Makar, Girard, Jost
Vancouver got Pettersson, Boeser and Hugues
New Jersey got Hischier and Hugues
Philly got Carter, Frost, Konecny, Provorov, Sanheim, Lindblom
Boston got McAvoy, Carlo, Pastrnak
Toronto got Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen
Winnipeg got Laine, Connor, Ehlers
Buffalo got Eichel, Dhalin
Even a team like Tampa got Cirelli and Point

Now i should get excited because of prospect that never played in the NHL one game and our only NHLer 23 and under are:
Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Mete and Fleury?

Nothing special here, we're not ahead of anyone and in fact...we're already way behind many team that are already winning now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Clod better circle the wagons, and get his leadership group in the room, to discuss why these guys seem to have quit on him.....and he better do it quick, and right the ship. Alot of this mess is on MB, but these guys just 2 weeks ago beat Washington!! None of this makes sense.....

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
All true, but not that I am defending Bergevin or our, uh, awesome defence, giving up quick goals in succession tells me there is something wrong with how the coach delivers the message. I mean, last year we had that terrible issue where we'd always give up 2 goals within a minute. That's also a coaching issue. Last night, Claude said they "had a talk" after the first, then we proceed to give up the 4th goal on the first shift.

The team is what it is. Obviously losing Drouin (and I guess Byron) is a blow but losing 4 (after holding leads) against lower teams in the standing is a little absurd. Drouin and Byron help with transition and possession, but blowing leads consecutively like this?\

I've coached (kids) for years and yeah, losing strong players is real tough. That said, winning with good players is easy, or easier (just bear with me with that last blanket statement). This is the team our master GM gave the coach so he needs to make due with it.

Don't get me wrong... if I had a giant toilet, I'd flush a whole bunch of people down there, starting with the GM.
What about the times when things were going well? Was it just the players doing it in spite of average coaching or was it because they all played cohesively based on directions that CJ gave them? We lack talent as the Bruins have, depth is readily available but yet our GM is consumed by it and often times we are playing these depth guys in roles above their heads, it's completely on Bergevin. Claude might take the fall but only because Bergevin needs another scapegoat. Until Molson removes himself as president and Bergevin is fired, the coach won't matter. This team needs change starting from the top.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
No PO last 2 years with the |Bruins and 1st round exit and 2 more years with out PO in Montreal....this coach is done. He gets out coached every single games IMO

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
What about the times when things were going well? Was it just the players doing it in spite of average coaching or was it because they all played cohesively based on directions that CJ gave them? We lack talent as the Bruins have, depth is readily available but yet our GM is consumed by it and often times we are playing these depth guys in roles above their heads, it's completely on Bergevin. Claude might take the fall but only because Bergevin needs another scapegoat. Until Molson removes himself as president and Bergevin is fired, the coach won't matter. This team needs change starting from the top.

It’s going to be a bit of both when things are going good and bad. I mean, I say it’s on the coach, but realistically, it isn’t 100% on him.

Of course, if the GM gives you crap, you can’t make gold. I get that and yes, MB is the architect of this current state. That said, in-game adjustments, use of time outs, calming the team and giving direction... didn’t see much of that lately.

End of the day, you can’t fire the team.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It’s going to be a bit of both when things are going good and bad. I mean, I say it’s on the coach, but realistically, it isn’t 100% on him.

Of course, if the GM gives you crap, you can’t make gold. I get that and yes, MB is the architect of this current state. That said, in-game adjustments, use of time outs, calming the team and giving direction... didn’t see much of that lately.

End of the day, you can’t fire the team.
You can't fire the team but even if we fire CJ(I could care less) we are not going to see a large increase in performance from this team. We are a grinding team(My God I laughed when I typed that) that is not highly talented and if everyone is not on board it is tough for us to win, we play well and create offense by committee with a very high effort level. We don't have the talent to allow us to take nights off and end up winning 3-1 because guys like Pasta and Marchand decided to take the team on their backs. A coaching change won't help our D overcome its challenges and so on. We are pretenders and we need some more high picks, it's the only way but I know it won't happen.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
You can't fire the team but even if we fire CJ(I could care less) we are not going to see a large increase in performance from this team. We are a grinding team(My God I laughed when I typed that) that is not highly talented and if everyone is not on board it is tough for us to win, we play well and create offense by committee with a very high effort level. We don't have the talent to allow us to take nights off and end up winning 3-1 because guys like Pasta and Marchand decided to take the team on their backs. A coaching change won't help our D overcome its challenges and so on. We are pretenders and we need some more high picks, it's the only way but I know it won't happen.

Just to be clear, I agree with your points last few posts. We’re not really in a Toronto situation where we got all this high end talent underperforming. Just saying fingers can be pointed at a lot of places. I chose the CJ thread to point out my frustration, but sure, MB, our D, Price’s play and lack of high end talent all play a part.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
To be honest, I just think its a rough stretch the team will eventually play out of, but I'm not a fan of Claude or MB, if I had to choose to keep just one it would be claude. I don't think the GM can blame the coach anymore. He wouldn't be allowed to fire anyone if I was Geoff.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I have no explanation, but do we need a thread on this topic? It's already being discussed to death on pre-game threads, GDTs, and post-game threads, and surely in other threads.

Also, Weal has done a job on the PP, so there you go.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Thats insane and when im watching him on the ice on PP, he always make a mistake under pressure by the opponent, struggle with the puck and finally lose it. Thats insane. This guy should play in the ahl.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You have two right centers Suzuki and Weal

Other two Right forwards are Armia and Gallagher

All the rest are left handed.
Weal played 45 seconds more PP than Suzuki and Weal always gets 1st unit PP time..

Why is Claude playing a scrub on the 1st PP unit? He’s never had a god damm PP point in his life! The PP is for TALENTED players not scrubs. 30 other teams wouldn’t even let Weal watch the PP they would tell him to close his eyes or look away..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad