Sportsnet: The Circus Continues in Ottawa - Hockey Central @ Noon

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Here is a link to the Hockey Central at Noon podcast with Doug MacLean and Brian Burke where they discuss the situation in Ottawa.

March 1: The circus continues in Ottawa - Sportsnet.ca

In the podcast they suggested that Gary Bettman would quietly get involved and that he was cleaned up bad ownership in the past. Given the current circumstances surrounding both Melnyk and the Senators maybe there is some hope that Bettman will force an ownership change this offseason.

Reactions: billpo

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
No forced ownership change. Only thing we can hope for is a partner coming in and taking the majority, thus making EM a silent partner for good.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Anyone have the video of Maclean reading off points from the presser and then crumpling up the paper and tossing it with Burke laughing?

Reactions: Big Papi

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This is worth a listen.
Sens talk only first 25mins.

Burke and Maclean believe that bettman and Daly will step in and clean this up. Either new owner or change the way things are done in Ottawa.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Unless Dorion had a fight with Boucher post game thursday, it doesn't make sense.
Maybe the organisation wanted to test Crawford as a coach for the rest of the year.
I heard Boucher's contract was coming to an end at season's end.
So, possibly, they got rid of Boucher to see if Crawford could make things work, if he could be signed for next the year.
If it doesn't ... they'll get a new guy.. but who.. who wants to land there, except for some cash and get into the administration gimmick (save money, manipulate the fans).

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Boucher played vets over rookies. he's trying to look good to other GM's around the league, but Dorion wants the young guys being tested.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Maybe the organisation wanted to test Crawford as a coach for the rest of the year.
I heard Boucher's contract was coming to an end at season's end.
So, possibly, they got rid of Boucher to see if Crawford could make things work, if he could be signed for next the year.
If it doesn't ... they'll get a new guy.. but who.. who wants to land there, except for some cash and get into the administration gimmick (save money, manipulate the fans).

boucher and crawford's deals were over anyways in 6 weeks.

Reactions: Fixxer

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Boucher played vets over rookies. he's trying to look good to other GM's around the league, but Dorion wants the young guys being tested.
What? What else do we have? We only have young guys. We can't play old guys when we don't have any. This makes no sense.

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017

If Dorion wanted to look good to other GM's, he should have quit the day after our lowlife owner demanded he fire Boucher, after Dorion himself said Boucher's job was safe until the end of season. Now in the future Dorion won't be able to land a job as a GM of a house league team. What a loser..lol

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
No doubt Melnyk made Dorion fire Boucher.

For sure, he likely told Euge no or went against him in one way or another and it's as simple as that imo, it's no secret from those dealing with him, you are either with him or against him...no grey area!

There is no tactical or smart thinking to this move nor any other, it's painfully obvious to just about anyone with a pulse.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Not sure how that makes him look good?

Wasn't a mandate set out by Dorion to play young guys more? Seems like he went against the grain on that one.

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
Here is a link to the Hockey Central at Noon podcast with Doug MacLean and Brian Burke where they discuss the situation in Ottawa.

March 1: The circus continues in Ottawa - Sportsnet.ca

In the podcast they suggested that Gary Bettman would quietly get involved and that he was cleaned up bad ownership in the past. Given the current circumstances surrounding both Melnyk and the Senators maybe there is some hope that Bettman will force an ownership change this offseason.

My allegiance to the Sens was terminated during this most recent Exodus of talent. I completely agree that Melnyk is at least on par with Ballard - to the point where I almost don't care what happens to the team that I once loved (almost). Add to the Melnyk sh*t-show the fact that Dorion has lied to the fans consistently for the past two years and it's pretty clear that this is the worst run franchise in sports.

I'll be back when Melnyk and Dorion are gone. Until then, I will yell at the top of my lungs that Melnyk has zero interest in building anything in Ottawa and that Dorion is akin to Donald Trump's Sean Spicer - who at least had the dignity to resign when he could no longer stand in front of people and spew lies.

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
Call me an optimist, but I think the fact that national media is starting to go hardline against Melnyk is a massive deal. It's this type of social pressure that forces change.

The Ottawa Sun (Garriok...SP) just ran two articles telling Melnyk and Dorion's sides of the story. They opened a platform for the two of them to spout their damage control BS.

Every article written about the Sens should be talking about their incompetence and greed.

Oh...in case it's lost on anyone, I'm fed up.

Reactions: Acidrain66

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
If Dorion wanted to look good to other GM's, he should have quit the day after our lowlife owner demanded he fire Boucher, after Dorion himself said Boucher's job was safe until the end of season. Now in the future Dorion won't be able to land a job as a GM of a house league team. What a loser..lol

Dorion lost the ability to land another GM job the day he traded Hoffman and then Karlsonn. It was not lost on anyone that he traded Hoffman and said it was the best deal available only to have the other GM flip him hours later for a better package. He then went to the same GM that screwed him in the Hoffman deal and got screwed again with Karlsson.

This type of incompetence is at a whole other level and no team in their right mind would ever consider hiring him. Add to that the fact that he's outright lied to the fanbase here on countless occasions - which makes it impossible to even feel the slightest bit sorry for him.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The Ottawa Sun (Garriok...SP) just ran two articles telling Melnyk and Dorion's sides of the story. They opened a platform for the two of them to spout their damage control BS.

Every article written about the Sens should be talking about their incompetence and greed.

Oh...in case it's lost on anyone, I'm fed up.

Once Bruce stops the spinning, we will know we have reached the final stage of EM ownership...he is the seeming last hold out.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Not sure how that makes him look good?

Wasn't a mandate set out by Dorion to play young guys more? Seems like he went against the grain on that one.
Yes a mandate was set out and then he was fired, probably because he played vets more than other players.

Whats best for Boucher isn't whats best for the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad