Sportsnet: The Circus Continues in Ottawa - Hockey Central @ Noon

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Aren't there like 10 different threads for Melnyk discussions, does ever thread need to be derailed by the pro-org crowd? Hope the bonus structure of your contracts with Euge were worth it.

Its not derailed I answered a question i was asked and it's no pro anything nor is it support for or against anything, I am not sure where your finding support for anything in that. But cool comments on anti derailment when it is you derailing with nonesense declaring sides when there isn't anything resembling support for anything.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Very few. It's mostly just to the hockey community that already nows who the sens are. This is just shaping their opinion of the sens. Not their awareness.

Totally false. Yes companies use click-bait tactics to drive higher click rates. But there is a huge difference between..."Hey Kids, Click Here to See What Happens to Ryder on Paw Patrol"...vs a picture of Ryder flipping of Marshall.

The assumption that any press is good press is false. Bad press is still bad press. How many of the actors caught up in Me Too allegations starred in movies/TV shows this year?

Hope you were being sarcastic, otherwise you have to continue down your line of thinking and justify that it would be fine to put out a video of Melnyk defecating on your face and tell me that everything still looks fine.

Viral first of all. Second why on earth are you compairing a harmless photo to sexual assult?That picture isn't bad press and your fake outrage over it is just a waste of time.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Okay, maybe the defecation thing went too far. (Though i never said it would be assault....I kid, I kid)

But you agree that bad press exists...like maybe EM's comments at the outdoor game.

I agree that in isolation, this is nothing, and likely this type of small screw-up happens with other teams a few times a year.

But there is a pattern of bad decision making that is happening in the business that has led to us being last in the standings, last in operating revenue, and significant damage to the brand inside and outside the market.

If the sens management come up with some truly inspirational marketing or ticket sales tactic then I will be first to applaud them. Look at what Carolina is doing. Not saying it's for me, or for this market, but it's working in their market. Look at how Winnipeg sells their season ticket by advocating groups by a pair of season tickets and then share them.

Giving away free tickets to STH IMO is not particularly creative.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Okay, maybe the defecation thing went too far. (Though i never said it would be assault....I kid, I kid)

But you agree that bad press exists...like maybe EM's comments at the outdoor game.

I agree that in isolation, this is nothing, and likely this type of small screw-up happens with other teams a few times a year.

But there is a pattern of bad decision making that is happening in the business that has led to us being last in the standings, last in operating revenue, and significant damage to the brand inside and outside the market.

If the sens management come up with some truly inspirational marketing or ticket sales tactic then I will be first to applaud them. Look at what Carolina is doing. Not saying it's for me, or for this market, but it's working in their market. Look at how Winnipeg sells their season ticket by advocating groups by a pair of season tickets and then share them.

Giving away free tickets to STH IMO is not particularly creative.

Oh yes bad press exists, and EM should never ever speak in front of a camera. Like neverrr

Reactions: NorthCoast

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
I mean it's not really that different than the other side. Pretty much everything the organization does now seems to be an issue some how. Sure the organization has brought negative attention on themselves with decisions they've made but that doesn't mean everything they do is a problem. It really seems like no matter how insignificant the topic, it's somehow an issue.

Because they make it an issue. Melnyk and Dorion make a**es of themselves EVERY time they open their respective mouths. Every time they speak it's a bald faced lie or something so absurd that it's incomprehensible. Face it, they are running a crap show and have no idea what they are doing.

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019

Ha! But finding a cringe-worthy quote from Melnyk is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Here's a thought. Can someone post something - anything at all - where Dorion has spoken publicly or released a public statement that didn't say something that made you cringe?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Did you watch the video? I’m not seeing anything to criticize there. He gives an honest take about brannstrom. Really not understanding how anyone would cringe
I did not :laugh:.. Man I am so sick of listening to him speak. Just judging by him saying there is only one guy on the NHL team that can pass the puck like Brannstrom... Not saying it isn't true but its quite the statement and it should be a huge red flag. I guess after he shipped out Karlsson, Stone, Duchene... and leaves us with cornerstone players like Ceci, Boro, Smith, Paajarvi et al .. we should not be all that surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad