Post-Game Talk: The Chia sleeps tonight

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
McDrai, Nurse and Talbot looked good tonight. Wasn’t real happy with the first 2 periods of this game though. Nuge was particularly frustrating, lots of turnovers and hot potato pucks with him. Saw him on a 2 on 2 with Russell, we all know Russell has no offence but he actually passes it to Russell. Wtf, is that? We pay him 6M and he defers to Russell of all guys..:. Good thing he scored in the shootout cuz that’s all he did tonight
I think we might have been watching different games... Nuge is #93 btw.

Reactions: MikeFLB

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
McDavid gained a couple of points on Kucherov. The thing is, McDavid has been so consistent, both during the Hitch winning streak and during the Hitch losing streak. Kucherov's team has just gone 21-2-1 in its past 25 games (I know this is hard for Oiler fans to conceive of), so he's not going to be in any better positions to rack up points after this. He won't maintain the pace he's at, but we know Connor can and probably will, regardless of how bad the Oilers are. McDavid now has 30 points in his past 16 games, during which the Oilers have gone 7-8-1.

As far as the team's chances go, when I looked at their schedule I thought these two games (Florida and Arizona) are basically the last hope for this season. That is, if they were to lose either of these games, they're toast.

They won the first one, so there's still hope.

But good grief, they need some secondary scoring.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
F***
I just got home from work to watch the game, and the entire PVR is screwed up. There's no sound and it's just strobing, impossible to watch. Was the stream like this all game (for Shaw Users)?
My sportsnet channel is still probing with no sound....

Anyone else?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
McDavid gained a couple of points on Kucherov. The thing is, McDavid has been so consistent, both during the Hitch winning streak and during the Hitch losing streak. Kucherov's team has just gone 21-2-1 in its past 25 games (I know this is hard for Oiler fans to conceive of), so he's not going to be in any better positions to rack up points after this. He won't maintain the pace he's at, but we know Connor can and probably will, regardless of how bad the Oilers are. McDavid now has 30 points in his past 16 games, during which the Oilers have gone 7-8-1.

As far as the team's chances go, when I looked at their schedule I thought these two games (Florida and Arizona) are basically the last hope for this season. That is, if they were to lose either of these games, they're toast.

They won the first one, so there's still hope.

But good grief, they need some secondary scoring.
Wait, Tampa has gone 21-2-1 in their last 25 games?

What the f*** lmao.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
F***
I just got home from work to watch the game, and the entire PVR is screwed up. There's no sound and it's just strobing, impossible to watch. Was the stream like this all game (for Shaw Users)?

Anyone else?
I went to the game but before I left for the game my Sportsnet kept cutting in and out and losing sound. I changed to TSN and it seemed fine. I’m with shaw as well so I don’t know what it was.

Reactions: TheBasementDweller

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
F***

Anyone else?

Sportsnet issue. It wasn't worth watching except for the last minute of regulation

Reactions: TheBasementDweller

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Ristolainen is way better than Nurse. He missed on that one.
Our scouts had it as Nichushkin being the guy to take at our spot, with Nurse being very close behind; I don't know what our thoughts were on Ristolainen, but we had him behind Nurse in the pecking order. Given the two options our scouting staff gave to MacT I'm happy with us choosing Nurse there.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
What a great morning!

For whatever reason I was sure that Oil would fall right at the start and begin this stretch of "easy" games with a home loss vs FLA.

Great to see Nurse with a dominant performance. Good timing as others apparently struggled.

Onwards to the next one!

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
What a great morning!

For whatever reason I was sure that Oil would fall right at the start and begin this stretch of "easy" games with a home loss vs FLA.

Great to see Nurse with a dominant performance. Good timing as others apparently struggled.

Onwards to the next one!
Should have been a loss to FLA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad