Post-Game Talk: The Chia sleeps tonight

Dooman

Mar 8, 2006
What's insane is no matter how many points McDavid gets, he never seems to gain ground on the competition.

Reactions: Canada Drai

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Tell me any other night this team has had a dman play that kind of dominant game. Eight shots on goal. What a pass from behind the net to Draisaitl in the dying seconds of regulation. Why would any Oiler fan ever want to get rid of this player?
Because it doesn't make sense. That's how our minds work

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Tell me any other night this team has had a dman play that kind of dominant game. Eight shots on goal. What a pass from behind the net to Draisaitl in the dying seconds of regulation. Why would any Oiler fan ever want to get rid of this player?
Didn't you get the memo?
Caleb Jones is already better than Nurse, and can take that spot on the top 4.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Also, Russell is awesome. Unsung for all of the little things he does right. Nurse, Russell and Jones are good in my books. Larsson is woofing hard right now.
If we can still plug along and be in a playoff spot when Klefbom comes back, then hopefully Larsson gets back to his old self.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I missed the game.

If a player who usually gets 20+ minutes only gets 16, then he's either carrying an injury, having a nightmare or both.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
McDavid was the team.
1/3 of our players were pushing the pace in the 1st period.
Most of the team coasted throughout the entire game.
I had to go to work and missed overtime and shootout.
We by no means deserved to win that game.
That double tip-in own goal was the craziest thing I'd seen in a long time.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
But according to Oiler fans, we should be trading Nurse right?
This was probably among his 3 best games since Klef went down. If he keeps putting up points I might also have to re-evaluate how I look at him, I've always considered him a defensive d-man first and foremost with a little bit of latent offense, but maybe he is that extremely rare late blooming offensive d-man and you can overlook his defense being a bit wonky at times cause he outscores his mistakes.

Also the whole mindset of assuming people only want to trade players cause they think they are bad I find odd, maybe it's years of a horribly run organization rotting people's brains, but it's ideal to trade players when their value is at it's zenith and buy players who've dipped, but are likely to bounce back. It tends to be the case that you got to trade good stuff to get good stuff and if you trade scraps like Spooner you tend to get scraps back.

Like I recall holding the very unpopular opinion of trading Jordan Eberle straight up for Alex Pietrangelo at a time when Ebs was a superhero for his WJC heroics and many Blues fans were pretty ok with it as they were underwhelmed with Pietro's early play post draft, but I watched a good handful of his OHL games and thought he very much looked the part of a future stud D-man. It was also a good time to trade him after one of his early unsustainably high shooting percentage seasons, yet we held onto him to the point we ended up trading him at a low point for a highly underwhelming return. Ofcourse it was heresy to advocate trading him at those respective high points, but with the benefit of hindsight it was almost certainly the right decision.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad