Post-Game Talk: The Chia sleeps tonight

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Ristolainen is way better than Nurse. He missed on that one.
Offensively. And even then the difference is almost completely to do with pp opportunities and performance. Going back to 2016-2017 both players have 54 ES points. Risto in 195 games. Nurse in 170 games. But is he way better as an all round defenseman. Even if people are not convinced of Nurse's defensive abilities Risto can be an absolute train wreck defensively. At ES Nurse with all of his flaws probably wins this comparison and possibly by a fair bit. By the way, Nurses ES goal scoring has been very strong. He is tied for 29th in the League over the last three years.

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Our scouts had it as Nichushkin being the guy to take at our spot, with Nurse being very close behind; I don't know what our thoughts were on Ristolainen, but we had him behind Nurse in the pecking order. Given the two options our scouting staff gave to MacT I'm happy with us choosing Nurse there.

After being completely choked that we missed out on Monahan I wanted Horvat with that pick. He was not very fancy but he was and is a horse. Of course I would have also been happy if the moved down and pick Lazar so its not like I can claim to be much more than a flat out hack. Still I don't really regret the Nurse pick at all even with Risto after him. I think Risto's fast start and big pp numbers really inflate people's perception of the player.

Reactions: LaGu and booyakasha

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
After being completely choked that we missed out on Monahan I wanted Horvat with that pick. He was not very fancy but he was and is a horse. Of course I would have also been happy if the moved down and pick Lazar so its not like I can claim to be much more than a flat out hack. Still I don't really regret the Nurse pick at all even with Risto after him. I think Risto's fast start and big pp numbers really inflate people's perception of the player.

I liked Horvat as well but we needed D in a bad way and Nurse checked all the boxes. I’m a big Nurse fan

Reactions: BudBundy

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Klefbom injury
I believe we are coming into week 5 of injury. After this home stand it’s all star break then I would say he will be back. Is it safe to say that Sekera is done? I will never understand the Manning trade. Trade a guy that was scoring for a guy to sit in pb and make 2.5$ ? Wow . If Chia was an Eskimo, I could sell him ice

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
He's on pace for 40 points. He's having a great year offensively.

And honestly outside of a 4 or 5 game stretch his defense hasn't been that bad.
I picked him for 35-40 pts at first of year but I also picked Puju for 25 goals. You win some, you lose some

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Nurse was definitely drafted for a different element than we would have been expecting from risto though.

Nurse brings things risto doesn't, so I think either or would have been acceptable at 7/8.
Exactly. I can see Nurse wearing a letter very soon. This man is a beast.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
YHQAxpf.png

This cat is in this video as well.

Reactions: Mr Tadakichi

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The "Grass is always greener..." syndrome.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I just want Chia gone so bad before he makes another panic move and we lose another substantial piece of the puzzle.

It's a crime that he forces McDavid to play with all these scrubs

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Hitch in the post-game presser:
We were exhausted. This is the worst case scenario, 4 game road trip, travel all day and come back and play.

The players really helped each other, everybody knew we had nothing but they just helped each other the whole time. They stated vocal on the bench, any good thing happening out there the guys were cheerleading each other, wanting to help, and that is a really good sign.

They got nothing, nothing in their legs. In games like this, first you hope they do not get hurt, because their awareness in not there, then you are hoping to get a point or points out of the game. These games help you moving forward as a team.

6 games left before all-star break, hang in there boys!
I am so glad only McDavid will be going to the all-star break, he's a freak of nature anyway, Draisaitl on the other hand will get some well earned rest.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm. Surprised they let that pu*** of a player play.

When u barely have a job and your franchise player gets run, then you stand around...

Useless

Not to nitpick but wasn’t he the only one to respond to the Lindholm hit? We also have a smorgasbord of “toughness” that can stand up for McDavid any given time: Lucic, Kassian, Nurse, Khaira etc. He’s just filling space until we cycle in the next AHL call up.

Reactions: RegDunlop

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Funny that Ristolainen got brought up. I actually said last night that Nurse was having a Ristolainen-like year. Great raw offensive numbers but he's getting absolutely murdered in shot and goal differential.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
McDrai, Nurse and Talbot looked good tonight. Wasn’t real happy with the first 2 periods of this game though. Nuge was particularly frustrating, lots of turnovers and hot potato pucks with him. Saw him on a 2 on 2 with Russell, we all know Russell has no offence but he actually passes it to Russell. Wtf, is that? We pay him 6M and he defers to Russell of all guys..:. Good thing he scored in the shootout cuz that’s all he did tonight
Because nudge should play a perfect game every game ? We must have been waching different games because I saw many other players having far worse game then nudge.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think tonight was perfect for everyone. The team still looked really flawed, the best players (who Chiarelli did nothing to acquire) won the game for the team and the fans were entertained.

I think you can fully fire the GM for obvious issues with the team even though they won.

Edit: Jones earning time in OT, this kid is really making a lot of his opportunity, it's great to see.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad