The Captain is BACK!

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
He? Not they?

Are you also saying his play hasn't fallen off?
It's a team effort, sure. I wouldn't trade a different draft pick nor different contract than the 3 Cups though.

I get what you're saying, but most fans haven't seen their team win one, let alone 3. Would you go back in time, knowing what we know now, and change the draft pick or his contract?

I wouldn't.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I get what you're saying, but most fans haven't seen their team win one, let alone 3. Would you go back in time, knowing what we know now, and change the draft pick or his contract?

Knowing what we know now? (That include the cap not going up as they anticipated, Toews' play falling off and then his illness)I would definitely not do the contract.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Knowing what we know now? (That include the cap not going up as they anticipated, Toews' play falling off and then his illness)I would definitely not do the contract.

So, if you knew then what absolutely no one knew then, you would not have done the deal. Bravo.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
So, if you knew then what absolutely no one knew then, you would not have done the deal. Bravo.

That was the question asked.

...and I was not in favor at that time of paying Toews what Kane got.

BobbyJet and I disagreed quite a bit on that, he wanted to discount Kane's deal.

I think Kane performed to his deal.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
I mean, if we are going to harp on production then Seabs, Keith, & a bunch of others shouldn't have go tren their contracts either.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
It baffles me that people expect every signing to be bargain deals or fair for their production.

Everything is easier to see in hindsight and the majority of all NHL contracts end up being overvalued anyway, lol.

That was kinda my point. ;);)

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That was the question asked.

...and I was not in favor at that time of paying Toews what Kane got.

BobbyJet and I disagreed quite a bit on that, he wanted to discount Kane's deal.

I think Kane performed to his deal.
Both contracts were an overpayment.
Do you honestly believe that Kane contributed more to the 3 SCs than Toews? Not a friggen chance.

EDIT: As well. Assuming no major injuries (or illness) to either player the style of play of each dictated that Toews had a good chance of burning out before Kane. I'm hoping Toews can recover from this and has a few good years left. Kane, the floater, is still going strong so no surprise.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Assuming no major injuries (or illness) to either player the style of play of each dictated that Toews had a good chance of burning out before Kane
There is your answer as to why they shouldn't have been paid the same.

Do you honestly believe that Kane contributed more to the 3 SCs than Toews? Not a friggen chance.

See above as to why their valuations are different.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There is your answer as to why they shouldn't have been paid the same.

See above as to why their valuations are different.
I guess it depends on your perspective. Would you rather be entertained with mesmerizing flashes of offensive brilliance or win 3 Stanley Cups led by a captain who is a proven winner and pays the price and plays hard two-way hockey on every shift!?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I guess it depends on your perspective. Would you rather be entertained with mesmerizing flashes of offensive brilliance or win 3 Stanley Cups led by a captain who is a proven winner and pays the price and plays hard two-way hockey on every shift!?

We going to pretend Kane wasn’t a huge contributor to 3 Cups too?

Alrighty then. Your Kane hate is so bad it’s almost like it’s a meme.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We going to pretend Kane wasn’t a huge contributor to 3 Cups too?

Alrighty then. Your Kane hate is so bad it’s almost like it’s a meme.
Not saying that at all. There were many contributors to those glory years, and Kaner was a big part of it but without Jonny's leadership I doubt it would have went down like it did. Hey, I realize that Kaner is your American hero but come on, quit with the denial.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
If kane were 3 inches taller and 30lbs heavier and played exactly the same way bobby wouldnt be singin the same tune

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad