The Captain is BACK!

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Are you of all people seriously dumping on the Bickell contract?

It was a terrible contract that forced us to get rid of someone who would now be one of the best players on the team. That we feel bad he has MS doesn’t change that.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It was a terrible contract that forced us to get rid of someone who would now be one of the best players on the team. That we feel bad he has MS doesn’t change that.
It wasn't a terrible contract. People also apparently constantly would rather be like the Sharks vs have actually won the 2015 cup which is always funny. Sure there's a chance they won a cup another way with less certainly and trading away pieces or waiting to extend T&K. But Toews still was a little declined the last 5 years regardless, there's far less likely a cup win without going for it and having the "bad" deals like Bicks, or T&Ks.

People go on about why aren't othet teams in that whole, you need a team going all in 2-3 years in a row to be that bent over. And really the expansion drafts have been better outlets for some teams to shed cap and give up some less stuff.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
It wasn't a terrible contract. People also apparently constantly would rather be like the Sharks vs have actually won the 2015 cup which is always funny. Sure there's a chance they won a cup another way with less certainly and trading away pieces or waiting to extend T&K. But Toews still was a little declined the last 5 years regardless, there's far less likely a cup win without going for it and having the "bad" deals like Bicks, or T&Ks.

People go on about why aren't othet teams in that whole, you need a team going all in 2-3 years in a row to be that bent over. And really the expansion drafts have been better outlets for some teams to shed cap and give up some less stuff.

Bickell contributed zero to 2015. His only memorable moment was losing a game for us in the wcf.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The comments he made back in July strike me as insanely dumb now, in hindsight. Especially if he was dealing with some kind of illness at the time.
He's the union rep, no? Hopefully he was being middle of the road zero trouble media Toews instead of an out and out idiot.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
*Anosmia*

38 years in medicine and I’ve never heard of CIRS, and I know quite a bit about immune diseases. I’m more in the camp of a known autoimmune disorder exacerbated by or linked in some way to Covid. Horse more plausible than a zebra.
Would you agree Scrubs was *actually* the best medical show on TV?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

It was absolutely an anchor. It cost us Turbo.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Bickell contributed zero to 2015. His only memorable moment was losing a game for us in the wcf.
Are you serious? The screen on Seabrooks OT winner vs Nashville? The Hossa goal that was gonna be a Bicks screen deflection goal Hossa literally knocked away from the net but bounced in off the defender. He had other screens on big goals and literally averaged over 5 hits a game. While likey having symptoms of undiagnosed ms at that point to it. They won because they had depth like that and range of styles, they didn't have to play goons or Nordstrom much. Steeger could rest unlike the year prior and him spelling Bicks in the Final helped with speed beacuse they had good side pieces.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Would you agree Scrubs was *actually* the best medical show on TV?
Can’t watch any medical show...they’re all so far from reality and contain so many inaccuracies that they’re annoying... Scrubs included. I imagine a real trial lawyer views courtroom scenes similarly, etc...

That said, MASH the movie, and to some extent the TV show, were closest to OR depictions than most others, even given the historical time difference.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Are you serious? The screen on Seabrooks OT winner vs Nashville? The Hossa goal that was gonna be a Bicks screen deflection goal Hossa literally knocked away from the net but bounced in off the defender. He had other screens on big goals and literally averaged over 5 hits a game. While likey having symptoms of undiagnosed ms at that point to it. They won because they had depth like that and range of styles, they didn't have to play goons or Nordstrom much. Steeger could rest unlike the year prior and him spelling Bicks in the Final helped with speed beacuse they had good side pieces.

Small potatoes. He stunk.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm pretty sure he's saying that on account of Bobby being one of Bickell's staunchest supporters in previous years
Seriously? I never liked the Bickell contract either but I did understand why Stan thought he needed to pay him. TBH, his contract was another overpayment but nothing in comparison.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I thought a lot of people were ok with the Bickell contract at the time other than him maybe being overpaid by like half a million maybe. He was an absolute force on the ice on a Cup winning team and then signed that deal a month or two after the won, I think.

Reactions: BobbyJet

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Didn’t have to. We gave up on TT way too soon, undervalued him by using him as a sweetener just to get rid of Bickell. Sucks looking back on it. That was the worst part about the entire Bickell situation.

I would say Bickell being diagnosed with MS is probably the worst part about the entire Bickell situation...

Holy shit what a tone deaf post man.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would say Bickell being diagnosed with MS is probably the worst part about the entire Bickell situation...

Holy shit what a tone deaf post man.

This. Times like.....a thousand.

If Bickell doesn't have MS, he's probably a good player going forward. MS kicked in right around the time he signed that contract. Without the MS MAYBE he's overpaid by 500k-1M.

The fallout from his MS sucks for the Hawks, but what sucks the most is ....Bickell having MS. Give your f***ing head a shake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad