The Cake Is A Lie. The Tank Is Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Just makes you think...if only Markstrom didn't steal the game against Calgary that this team had no business winning, and if only this team didn't steal a point in Chicago, we would be 25th right now

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Just makes you think...if only Markstrom didn't steal the game against Calgary that this team had no business winning, and if only this team didn't steal a point in Chicago, we would be 25th right now
They're 23rd in points %....patience.

An L tonight with some 3 pointers elsewhere will be massive.

Reactions: lindgren

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

by my count, there have been 13 games in which the Canucks had no business in picking up the 2 points but somehow came away with the W.

5 games in which we out played the competition but came away with nothing.

As far as I'm concerned, this team has 10 points that it has no business in having.

we should be 31st in the league right now.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
DNxhVrF.png
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
Went all in on LA tonight. Still not entirely on team tank but Ive not been mad about losses this year. If we lose tonight I’ll join y’all

Reactions: WTG

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Can someone link me the McKenzie interview where he said gudbranson and Sutter have been shopped and one wants them?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Well Dallas is down 3-0 against Tampa in the 1st, soooo that's not looking great.

Hopefully DET/OTT and ARI/STL can be 3 pointers. Maybe Colorado can steal a win from WPG. NJD CHI would be nice for it to be 3 point but CHI win most important aspect.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
At this moment I'm probably more optimistic about the tank and what it means than at any point since the dark day of Benning's extension.

To me, the tank mainly means three things:

1) Finishing low in the standings in order to increase the chances of getting an elite player in the draft.

2) Trading veterans for futures.

3) Bringing in new management.

The team looks set for a run of losses, which checks the box beside #1.

#2, with this management, was never going to happen, and with the injuries it's even less likely now, but at the same time the chances of the opposite happening, of buying, are now minimized.

The failure to succeed with #2, along with the recent DiPietro fiasco (which really isn't that significant, but which brought the team criticism and even ridicule around the league), and the coming fall in the standings brings #3 closer. I could even see it happening after the season's end.

Go Kings.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
CGY ties FLA 2-2 late. Hoping FLA can at least snag a point and then win it in OT.

EDIT: Florida secures at least a point, now 2 points behind Vancouver with 2 games in hand still.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Detroit wins and we are now 4 points out of 29th place in the league. They will have a game in hand after Vancouver plays tonight.

Ottawa looking pretty firmly entrenched in that 31st spot and it is just so sad watching a 31st place team without their own first round pick—the absolute worst year possible to not have your pick. Need to move Stone and Duchene who are clearly not going to stick around for more Melnyk induced BS.

NJD I also have zero hope in w/o Hall, team is a mess. Best case is probably 29th, and without Tanev/Edler, I think it's totally possible.

Reactions: lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad