The Buffalo Sabres are a TOP 5 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Buffalo now holds the top spot in the Atlantic. Games against Tampa and Toronto coming up. All 3 teams play each other soon. Should be a good battle for the division especially with Boston trailing close behind.
Next 4 games for Buffalo are brutal, going up against the 3 teams directly behind them in the league standings, TBL(3rd), FL(25th), NSH(2nd), TOR(4th). If you told me 6 weeks ago that the Sabres would be going to head to head against TB for the conference/division crown this particular game I would not have believed you. They could be going head to head vs NSH for the uncontested league lead 3 games from now.

I'm fully expecting a let down or 3 coming up soon. I just really hope its not against TOR :laugh:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This streak has been incredibly fun. But now they have two back to backs with travel against the best teams in the league.

The Toronto game on Tuesday comes as the 4th game in 6 days with the other three on the road while playing at Nashville the night before. Toronto has the two days before off.

So...you know...

Reactions: Mitts888

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Now in sole possession of 1st place in the league. Same number of games played as those directly below them in the standings!

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Sabres
F087A7B0-AE88-4494-B379-FAE1E41739D7.jpeg

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
I don`t know if the Sabres will stay a top 5 this season, but they have a roster of talented young players, more on the farm, and 3 first round draft choices next summer.
They're set up for the long haul.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This streak has been incredibly fun. But now they have two back to backs with travel against the best teams in the league.

The Toronto game on Tuesday comes as the 4th game in 6 days with the other three on the road while playing at Nashville the night before. Toronto has the two days before off.

So...you know...

Man, if you just read this board and never looked at the actual standings, you’d think the Maple Leafs were undefeated this year.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
people want to talk about how lucky they are "barely" winning 10 games in a row, but i mean

luck has banked 20 points in 10 games, i'm sure Sabres fans are fine with that.

Right. And, yes, there has been some luck but show me a 10 game win streak where there isn’t.

Anyway, for the people saying they are a fluke, the Sabres have the 3rd best goal differential in the league.

They are a good team.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'd take a win versus the leafs if we lost 3 other games. Streak be damned. Just beat the Toronto nhl all star can do no wrong maple hall of fame holier than thou leafs! (Jinx)

Reactions: Awebz

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

So...you know...

I kind of like that after an emotional win like this, they’re going against teams like this.

They might have the best record in the league, but they’re not at a point where they’re going to underestimate teams like this. It’ll be a good test.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Erik Karlsson looked lost on the game winner. Evander Kane literally gave him the evil eye when Sabres scored the goal. None the less not the Karlsson I know of. how fitting it was Evander Kane out there (former sabre) when they scored.
Kane should give the evil eye to the mirror. He was literally standing and watching as Skinner raced by him to the loose puck for the game-winner.

Fun game.

Reactions: Tsujimoto

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Great argument! Keep up with the great debating skills!

I don’t think that Toronto is the best team in the league. I’ve watched them play this year. They aren’t at the top of the standings. Just not seeing it. They have a great offense and a STILL questionable defense and goaltending.

Is it really on everyone else to expound upon why Toronto is NOT the best team in the league? Is that really the level of the collective ego of that fanbase at this point?

Reactions: Ippenator

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I don’t think that Toronto is the best team in the league. I’ve watched them play this year. They aren’t at the top of the standings. Just not seeing it. They have a great offense and a STILL questionable defense and goaltending.

Is it really on everyone else to expound upon why Toronto is NOT the best team in the league? Is that really the level of the collective ego of that fanbase at this point?
I in fact agree with you and what you posted now. Good post this time. I just dislike these oneliner LOL, etc. kind of posts. They give nothing to any thread. Nothing against you otherwise mate.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Atlantic looks stacked this year. Great time for some divisional rivalries to pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad