The Buffalo Sabres are a TOP 5 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
The Buffalo Sabres are currently 5th in the league standings with 26 points. 5 game win streak. Last 3 games, W vs TB, W at WPG, W at MIN.

Edit: For the record the thread title is just a light hearted poke at the now closed "Are the Sabres a bottom 5 team(again)?" thread.

But I am really excited for my Buffalo Sabres, even if I don't really think they've proven they are staying in the "Top 5"... yet.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Beating good teams lately.

Down 2 with 8 to go on the road on the second night of a back to back with the backup goalie in...win in regulation.

It’s getting crazy

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Title should be Buffalo is currently in the top 5 standings. Way too early for definite statements like this.

But they are far closer to being a top 5 team then a bottom 5 team like a certain rivals fans loved to accuse them of being.

Reactions: Fearnot

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Title should be Buffalo is currently in the top 5 standings. Way too early for definite statements like this.

But they are far closer to being a top 5 team then a bottom 5 team like a certain rivals fans loved to accuse them of being.
My title was more of a tongue and cheek poke at the now closed thread "Is Buffalo a Bottom 5 team(again)?"

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
While Buffalo may be top 5 in the standings currently, they are quite a ways away from truly being s top 5 team in the NHL.

But they are finally making progress.
This team is truly night and day different from previous seasons.
They finally look like a real NHL hockey team again.

Reactions: krt88nc

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
No.

That said it's nice to see them finally turning the corner. Hopefully it lasts. What changed though? I know they got Skinner and Dahlin, but lost ROR, so.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
My title was more of a tongue and cheek poke at the now closed thread "Is Buffalo a Bottom 5 team(again)?"
As long as it’s tough in cheek, I’m fine with this. The prior thread was calling them bottom 5 as a prediction. This one is saying they are currently top 5 without predicting anything.

Nobody thinks they are actually a top 5 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad