Online Series: The Boys (season 2)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So they added THAT deleted scene form the season 1 finale. :laugh:

Didn't expect Victoria Neuman to be the headpopper or a supe in general! :amazed:

Last edited by a moderator:

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
The Stormfront meme was hilarious.

The only bad thing I can think of about this episode is now we have to wait a while until it returns. Let's hope Amazon gets cracking as soon as they possibly can.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A couple things:

This isn't really a story problem, but not happy Butcher's wife died. If not for any other reason than that the actress is gorgeous. :laugh: On a storyline side, kinda kills any possibility at a happy ending for him.

They tried to pack wayyyyyy too much into one episode. Realistically, that should've been a 10 episode season. They moved way too fast in the last episode, and Stormfront/Stumpfront's death wasn't nearly satisfying enough. Realistically, Kimiko should've been the one to kill her, and it should've been brutal.

I guess I don't get it. Is the head popper also a shape shifter? Or has it just been the AOC wannabe this whole time?

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Overall I thought the season was great.
It felt maybe a tad rushed in a way that some of the arcs didn't really have any impact IMO. For an example Butcher's wife, whose name I don't even remember, pretty much went unnoticed and in her death I felt absolutely nothing.

Homelander was hands down the best character of the season. He even showed some glimpses of redeeming qualities when he showed some genuine affection for his son. I loved the end for him. He has pretty much nothing left emotionally: he lost Stormfront, Maeve and his son. I'm guessing we're going to see even more homicidal and insane Homelander. I honestly feel like the revelation for next season's probable antagonist isn't that interesting. I almost feel like Season 3 should be the final season with Homelander being the ultimate antagonist going absolutely apeshit over the events of the second season.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I'm probably in the minority but I was pretty disappointed in this season. Biggest disappointment was when they didn't pick where the first season left off. Having Butcher discover such a massive reveal, it probably was the most important scene in series for me (having Butcher see Becca) and they just skipped over it. This is why I hate cliff hangers because writers in the next season just skip over it or rush through rather than taking the time it deserves.

First season really took chances and focused on characters. I feel like this season just played it safe. And the story was very barebones, imo, in terms of impact. Stormfront was just Homelander 2.0 for me, didn't like as much as everyelse. I was far more intrigued by Edgar than her; he's an interesting character that honestly should have been developed more. This season honestly felt like 4-5 episode season stretched to 8. To me the Ryan/Rebecca/Homelander/Butcher plot line was the heart of the series and was not really a fan of the Chuch/Stormfront plot lines in the series.

Also, I can't stand The Deep. That whole plot was such freaking filler to me. Do something worthwhile with him, or write him off (kill him or put him in the background).

Reactions: Hypernova

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Does anyone else feel like this season has been rushed?

I personally think having 2 more episodes would have allowed them to flesh out some of these storylines more.

It felt rushed because they had the main plot with Homelander/Butcher/Becca/Ryan along with bring down Vought and filled it up with rushed sub-plots that had disappointing pay-offs (ie the church and stretching out Stormfront's role in the main plot lines).

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Neuman being the head popper strengthens my belief that this season was just way to rushed. We barely even saw this person throughout the season. She would show up for a minute or two in an episode and that was it. You barely know anything about her at all.

Even the whole court ordeal, you heard about it one episode and then the next episode it happened. I'm sure next season will be heavily focused on Neuman so we will learn more then, but I just really feel like they could have developed her, Edgar and other storylines with a 10 episode season.

But overall, it was still a good and fun season. Step below season 1 though Imo.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Fine season, but felt like there was too much going on. Could have used more episodes or less plots. Was Lamplighter mentioned before his episode came up? I had no idea who he was. Plot threads were resolved fine in the end, except Deep's, which felt like there was not payoff. I just couldn't care about some of these characters especially Maeve. I don't know if it's the actress or the writing, she just always looks disinterested. Homelander and Butcher are the show's carrying forces, there's no doubt about it.

I don't want to nitpick but one thing that bothered me the whole season was that the main protagonists were wanted criminals and their faces were wellknown. Yet they had very little problem moving around in public. Sure they lived in a crappy cellar and had to be careful when moving around. I just didn't feel like they were in any real danger. Noir got to them once when he actually used Voight's systems to look for them. I would imagine that Voight would have been trying to look for Butcher and his gang actively and they would have the power to find them if they wanted to. Biggest joke was when Hughie strolled around Voight headquarters with no problem. Like c'mon, there were no cameras that spotted him?

Still, a fun show and I eagerly waited for each weekly episode. Waiting for 3rd season although I feel like I'm good now and waiting for a year or so won't be a problem.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Fine season, but felt like there was too much going on. Could have used more episodes or less plots. Was Lamplighter mentioned before his episode came up? I had no idea who he was. Plot threads were resolved fine in the end, except Deep's, which felt like there was not payoff. I just couldn't care about some of these characters especially Maeve. I don't know if it's the actress or the writing, she just always looks disinterested. Homelander and Butcher are the show's carrying forces, there's no doubt about it.

I don't want to nitpick but one thing that bothered me the whole season was that the main protagonists were wanted criminals and their faces were wellknown. Yet they had very little problem moving around in public. Sure they lived in a crappy cellar and had to be careful when moving around. I just didn't feel like they were in any real danger. Noir got to them once when he actually used Voight's systems to look for them. I would imagine that Voight would have been trying to look for Butcher and his gang actively and they would have the power to find them if they wanted to. Biggest joke was when Hughie strolled around Voight headquarters with no problem. Like c'mon, there were no cameras that spotted him?

Still, a fun show and I eagerly waited for each weekly episode. Waiting for 3rd season although I feel like I'm good now and waiting for a year or so won't be a problem.
Lamplighter was mentioned multiple times in season 1.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR

Agreed with all points on this season. It was good, but a step down from season 1. Lamplighter was mentioned in the first episode of season 1 as the person Starlight was replacing in the 7.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
They are working on a spin-off apparently that will be based around the 'G-men', as a parody of the X-men.

Described as being "part college show, part Hunger Games", the spin-off is to be set "...at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (and run by Vought International), the [spin-off] is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities."

I wonder how well it will do without the central presence of Homelander, but their universe is rich with content and with the resources of Amazon, I am sure it'd do well, or at the very least better than many current shows.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
slightly surprised they're going to let the AOC character basically be a villain

This was a fun f***ing ride. Homelander is just an incredibly well-acted character.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
That's why I'm fairly surprised that they may make someone left leaning the/a villain.

but AOC and Neuman are not one in the same. one is a fictional character who we dont really know which way they are leaning politically or their alternative motives and the other is a real life person.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
but AOC and Neuman are not one in the same. one is a fictional character who we dont really know which way they are leaning politically or their alternative motives and the other is a real life person.

Yeah, I think there's chance that Neuman is basically a Magneto type character in this show. Anti-Vought but pro-supe. Her means are just not very superhero level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad