Online Series: The Boys (season 2)

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I love Aya Cash, she was great on "you're the worst"--do not know much about the comics but from what few I have read with her character in it--she is bar shit crazy---When it was announced she was joining the show, I thought she would be a villein who turns out to be good; nope--she will be the main villein of the new season

Reactions: Timeless Winter

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As someone who hates superhero stuff (even ones that are meta and trying to be "not superhero movies/shows"), I thought Season 1 was fantastic. Very easily my favorite superhero-related form of entertainment I've seen.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I thought the whole season was going to be released. I are disappoint :( Let us decide how we wanna watch !

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I thought the whole season was going to be released. I are disappoint :( Let us decide how we wanna watch !

I think this is something all the companies are starting to do more so that people can't join their streaming service for just a month for a specific show, binge it, and then cancel.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think this is something all the companies are starting to do more so that people can't join their streaming service for just a month for a specific show, binge it, and then cancel.
It think it's mostly that but also a bit of a return to "normalcy" for how people used to consume TV, and an attempt to build up more buzz through people discussing it in segments. Like I remember I got the free trial for Disney+ for The Mandalorian and it was really easy to time that so that you could just cancel afterwards. They only rolled them out over about a month I think.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Well, you can still wait 2 months and watch it all for a one month sub. It's a matter of getting a big enough rotation of tv shows and movies that we can't do that. Netflix has so many new shows and movies coming out that you can't do this.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Antony Starr just nails it as Homelander for me. What an absolute monster. Although after episode three, it looks like he may have some competition...
Yeah, agree completely. My girlfriend and I started watching it like a week ago and his character and the portrayal are absolutely fantastic. I wouldn't say he completely carries the show, but really a fantastic performance.

Also, sidenote, quickly becoming one of my favourite shows. It'll be hard waiting for Fridays.

I know there already has been, but my hope is that there is some deviation from the comics storywise.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Rewatching the 1st season again before I start the second...

I forgot how perfect a cast Homelander was. Dude plays a complete douche-bag to a tee.

EDIT: Just saw the update comments, and it appears I'm not alone.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012

A show is going to have a greater opportunity to permeate into the culture and have more staying power too, when it is released on a weekly basis. Theorizing, analysis of episodes, cliff-hanger endings being more impactful when you can’t just fire up the next episode, are all elements that come into play.

Series just kind of fade from the collective consciousness within a few weeks when the whole season gets dumped in one day.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Anyone that loves Antony Starr’s work as Homelander, please do yourself a favour and watch “Banshee”. I really love The Boys, but Banshee was an even better show.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Best show out right now imo.

Starr is incredible, Homelander is a riveting character and his performance is phenomenal. Karl Urban as Butcher is great too.

Episodes 1/2 were a bit slow but it's picking up now. Stormfront/Homelander dynamic is going to be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad