Online Series: The Boys (season 2)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought the season wasn't as strong as the first but good enough that The Boys is still my favorite new show in the last while. I still think it did a lot of things really well.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
5 eps into season 2 and I gotta say Homelander is so great at being a dick I'm openly rooting for him to get his comeuppance and I'm usually a root for the bad guy type of guy.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Damn that whale was tboned

I only started watching the show and finished season 1 last night, and my Prime membership is done for the next little while so I won't be getting into season 2 yet so don't want to get to deep into the discussion.

But I gotta ask... what exactly do the show writers have against Aquaman? I know in general it's fun to make 'talks to fish as a super power guy' the butt end of jokes but after introducing The Deep as a creep in the opener they've just been consistently savage to the poor guy :laugh:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I only started watching the show and finished season 1 last night, and my Prime membership is done for the next little while so I won't be getting into season 2 yet so don't want to get to deep into the discussion.

But I gotta ask... what exactly do the show writers have against Aquaman? I know in general it's fun to make 'talks to fish as a super power guy' the butt end of jokes but after introducing The Deep as a creep in the opener they've just been consistently savage to the poor guy :laugh:

It's not so much what they have against him, as it's them (The creators) using the meme status of Aquaman as being the useless Superhero from the Justice league. And lampooning Aquaman is nothing new

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Just finished the season. Besides the Neumann that chick with the shaved head from the "hospital" or whatever it was Lamplighter was at is still alive and in the wind as a possible villain for next season.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
As plot lines and character development go, it's tough to build in depth ties in only 8 episodes .. They definitely could have spread it over over a few more if they had the chance. That being said they make every scene count in 8 episodes, which makes it a fun watch for an hour long show.

Really liked the second season, the season finale was great and leaves a lot to be found out in season 3.

I do like that they don't leave a lot of storylines open (like Stormfront, Becca, etc) that make it tougher to end a series, they just move on from them and focus the next story line.

Definitely though the super terriorists would be more of a focus this season, not the political implications. Still I love this aspect of the show. Stormfront's identity was a shock, and her death was soooo satisfying. Also Homelander is right up there for the winner for the most likeable villain with Negan from TWD. Great acting, does it perfectly

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I'm probably in the minority but I was pretty disappointed in this season. Biggest disappointment was when they didn't pick where the first season left off. Having Butcher discover such a massive reveal, it probably was the most important scene in series for me (having Butcher see Becca) and they just skipped over it. This is why I hate cliff hangers because writers in the next season just skip over it or rush through rather than taking the time it deserves.

First season really took chances and focused on characters. I feel like this season just played it safe. And the story was very barebones, imo, in terms of impact. Stormfront was just Homelander 2.0 for me, didn't like as much as everyelse. I was far more intrigued by Edgar than her; he's an interesting character that honestly should have been developed more. This season honestly felt like 4-5 episode season stretched to 8. To me the Ryan/Rebecca/Homelander/Butcher plot line was the heart of the series and was not really a fan of the Chuch/Stormfront plot lines in the series.

Also, I can't stand The Deep. That whole plot was such freaking filler to me. Do something worthwhile with him, or write him off (kill him or put him in the background).

Agree with everything you said here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad