The Bluth Company Discussion Thread Part 3 | Advance Monday | Taking Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Just look at how much worse the West is this season, kind of ridiculous. Look at the disparity between wildcard teams...

Having the Devils be a CPU game for several blocks and Santillo get booted for a block didn't hurt the teams in the east either... :laugh:

Records can be deceiving, particularly when sims are taken into account. For example, you and I have played twice. You won a game 1-0, I won a game 4-3. Both were fairly even games, and we're both in wildcard contention in our respective conferences.

Last edited:

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
it's okay, hopefully a West team will win the cup this year in bluth. my avs wont though too many injuries lol

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I'm going to miss the playoffs for the first time since joining Bluth. It sucks.

I expect to as well--once all is said and done. If you look at Calgary on paper, they are pretty clearly the worst team in the league in terms of overalls, so I was assuming that I'd be in the bottom five in year one. The few trades that I made helped--Holtby was enough to get them to sim near .500.

I won my division with the Ranger when i first joined Bluth, and I made the playoffs with Dallas as the 7 or 8 seed--then lost to Avsfan in the 1st round. So this would be my first time missing the playoffs in a full year as well.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Its funny, once I learned all the cheese goals I kept making the playoffs!

What a coincidence. :sarcasm:

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I keep losing my connection to games.. it's really starting to piss me off now.

Argar and I tried to replay a game what 6 or 7 times now, and it always kicks me out do to connection.
Same happened with carolina and chicago..

but i dont lose internet connection at all.. which is the weird thing.
I've tried resetting the internet like 5 times.
Connected wirelessly and through ethernet.

I dont know what else to ****ing do

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I do not want to play :leafs in the playoffs. The guy takes about every effort you can to get a win. Really underrated GM.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Also, with the salary cap I plan on calculating a team's "cap salary" once the offseason ends. This is how I figured I would look at it.

All players listed as dressed and all players in the minors who are an 80 (79?) overall and above will count against the cap. One would assume most, if not all of those players would be on one way deals and part of a team's cap in real life.

I will need to calculate the total salary for my practice league again, so the number will likely be larger than 65.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
Also, with the salary cap I plan on calculating a team's "cap salary" once the offseason ends. This is how I figured I would look at it.

All players listed as dressed and all players in the minors who are an 80 (79?) overall and above will count against the cap. One would assume most, if not all of those players would be on one way deals and part of a team's cap in real life.

I will need to calculate the total salary for my practice league again, so the number will likely be larger than 65.

are you instiuting waivers then?

since most people who have guys in the minors need them there.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
are you instiuting waivers then?

since most people who have guys in the minors need them there.

I can't think of any teams that have 80 overall players in the minors (other than some who are dealing with crappy rosters and are burying them for the sake of not wanting to play them).

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I can't think of any teams that have 80 overall players in the minors (other than some who are dealing with crappy rosters and are burying them for the sake of not wanting to play them).

That's just it. As long as a team has cap space, I think they should be allowed to stick the guy in the minors to keep the Asst. Coach from sticking them in every sim. I took John Erskine as negative value in my deal with WSH and was prepared to deal with his cap hit, but I'm not prepared to have him in my top-six. :laugh:

EDIT: For our purposes, then, the AHL is both the AHL and the press box. :

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
If I had the capability, I'd take a screen shot of the team stats for :flames v. :sharks.

:sharks registered their first shot on goal at the 19:41 mark of the 2nd period, and finished with two total, but it took a late Galiardi winner on the :flames 7th PP of the game to get two points.

:sharks lone goal came when Dennis Wideman passed the puck into his own his own net--with no one within 60 feet of him, facing the other direction.

Dat Ice Tilt. Dat AI. Dat Backup Goalie.

:laugh:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
That's just it. As long as a team has cap space, I think they should be allowed to stick the guy in the minors to keep the Asst. Coach from sticking them in every sim. I took John Erskine as negative value in my deal with WSH and was prepared to deal with his cap hit, but I'm not prepared to have him in my top-six. :laugh:

EDIT: For our purposes, then, the AHL is both the AHL and the press box. :

Don't misunderstand, I'm not instituting waivers if I use this system. I just want people to know if they bury guys who are normally roster guys in the minors, they will count against the cap.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Anyone who has :pens on their schedule, I am sorry for not being able to play my games.
As Argar and Fuss, can attest, I for some reason cant even keep a connection to the games.

I couldn't even keep a connection to the CPU vs. CBJ (I eventually made it through that game, but it took me like 4 times.. one of which I was up 6-0 and it lost my connection with 32 seconds left in the 3rd)

it's been very infuriating, I've tried connecting both wirelessly and wired, resetting my router multiple times and everything. I dont even lose my internet connection at all.. I dont know what the **** is going on.

I will try again tonight and see how it goes..

Has anyone else experienced this?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Okay this is what I think would be the best way to calculate cap at the start of the season:

All players and goalies on the main roster.
All players and goalies above 80 overall in the minors.
All players and goalies above $.950 million or so in salary in the minors.

Any team looking to bury a player and not wanting them to count against the cap would need to contact me to put them on waivers. This would be optional and not automatic.

Let me know what you guys think. This will cause the cap the be higher because I did not take players buried in the minors into account. I will calculate it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad