The Bluth Company Discussion Thread Part 3 | Advance Monday | Taking Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
A bad contract can be traded and at least provide value even if overpaid. A useless prospect cannot.

Again, it would be nice to see the salary for all NHL teams as far as their current AHL contracts go. If there isn't a discernible difference then it could be a possibility.

I ran those numbers when you first asked--obviously, some moves have been made since. It should be in the old thread.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I would need to know the difference between the NHL and AHL contracts, though. Some teams are naturally going to have a higher cap (such as Chicago).

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
:xcheers::gift::rudolf::santa:THE BLUTH COMPANY CHRISTMAS HUT TOURNAMENT:x)::xsign::xtree::xbg:

I was thinking that since the league shuts down over Christmas for what, a few days/a week, that for those interested and available i'd organize a little HUT tournament for Bluth members. We're still about 3-4 weeks away from this time period but i figure why not get it started now? It would give some guys a little bit of time to build up their teams and pucks.

Nothing too complex with rules (no caps on Offense/Defense/Goaltending, no ice time rules). Seeding will be based on current Overall Leaderboard rankings and depending on how many people we get will determine if each round is single elimination or best of; 3, 5, or 7

Maybe a 5-10k puck buy in, winner gets 80%, 2nd place get's 20%. If you're interested let me know via PM or post in the Discussion Thread. Maybe Argar can use his super-mod abilities and add a post in the first page that he can update and we can all reference.

Should be fun, hopefully this gets a lot of interest

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
:xcheers::gift::rudolf::santa:THE BLUTH COMPANY CHRISTMAS HUT TOURNAMENT:x)::xsign::xtree::xbg:

I was thinking that since the league shuts down over Christmas for what, a few days/a week, that for those interested and available i'd organize a little HUT tournament for Bluth members. We're still about 3-4 weeks away from this time period but i figure why not get it started now? It would give some guys a little bit of time to build up their teams and pucks.

Nothing too complex with rules (no caps on Offense/Defense/Goaltending, no ice time rules). Seeding will be based on current Overall Leaderboard rankings and depending on how many people we get will determine if each round is single elimination or best of; 3, 5, or 7

Maybe a 5-10k puck buy in, winner gets 80%, 2nd place get's 20%. If you're interested let me know via PM or post in the Discussion Thread. Maybe Argar can use his super-mod abilities and add a post in the first page that he can update and we can all reference.

I would be interested in this. Would we just use the play a friend option to get games in and simply keep track of scores and stats or whatever?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Sorry, can't add in posts where I want to. They go in order based on date. :laugh:

I can add a table in the OP for the tournament and list players who are interested. I would enjoy something like this. Though I don't think I have 5k pucks at the moment. Whenever I get around that number I buy an 85ish overall player on the spot. I'm an impulse buyer.

Speaking of special events, we need to do another all-star game!

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com

Instead of a HUT tournament (since some people dont play HUT) could we just organize like an international tournament? like an olympics tournament? and just use the international teams and the versus option?.. just a thought.. haha

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Instead of a HUT tournament (since some people dont play HUT) could we just organize like an international tournament? like an olympics tournament? and just use the international teams and the versus option?.. just a thought.. haha

Sounds great!

Who wants to volunteer for team Italy? :sarcasm:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I would be interested in this. Would we just use the play a friend option to get games in and simply keep track of scores and stats or whatever?

Yeah exactly. I'll just have people send me game results and stats. We could even have a playoff MVP.

Sorry, can't add in posts where I want to. They go in order based on date. :laugh:

I can add a table in the OP for the tournament and list players who are interested. I would enjoy something like this. Though I don't think I have 5k pucks at the moment. Whenever I get around that number I buy an 85ish overall player on the spot. I'm an impulse buyer.

Speaking of special events, we need to do another all-star game!

An All-Star game would be great! I just know most of us are still in school at the moment and this period leading up to Christmas break is the absolute busiest and worst time of the semester. We usually have our last tests to study for and then finals immediately after so not too much free time.

Any help would be great Argar. That's why i wanted to let people know now, so they have some time to build their team and get some pucks.

Well there's really only Canada, US, Sweden, Russia, Czech, and maybe Switzerland that are useful IMO so i think it'd be tougher to get a big thing going.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
An All-Star game would be great! I just know most of us are still in school at the moment and this period leading up to Christmas break is the absolute busiest and worst time of the semester. We usually have our last tests to study for and then finals immediately after so not too much free time.

I think the best time to do the All-Star game would be the weekend after Thanksgiving, based on the fact most people will be at home recuperating and a lot of teams will be out of the playoffs/waiting for their opponent to show up.

After that it gets hectic. Maybe the next weekend during the off-season.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Someone help me out.

If you give up the 1st goal to the CPU on Superstar, how do you get the puck back? I just had a game in which the team literally skated around in the neutral zone for 10 minutes of gametime. :laugh:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Lul.

Do you guys need/want me to put it back on all-star? I thought people were adapting to superstar pretty well.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Lul.

Do you guys need/want me to put it back on all-star? I thought people were adapting to superstar pretty well.

Nah, its fine. Definitely don't change it mid-season.

Superstar games are fine as long as the scored is tied or you get a lead. It is challenging without being impossible. Once the CPU gets up, though, it is very, very difficult to come back because they will literally keep the puck until you skate so far out of position that you leave a hole.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Nah, its fine. Definitely don't change it mid-season.

Superstar games are fine as long as the scored is tied or you get a lead. It is challenging without being impossible. Once the CPU gets up, though, it is very, very difficult to come back because they will literally keep the puck until you skate so far out of position that you leave a hole.

Anytime I play the CPU, I put my 'formation' to a defensive one and forecheck the puck handler with one forward.

Sometimes works, I used to struggle a lot with the CPU. I used to approach it the same way I would a user controlled team.. and that was my main problem.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Anytime I play the CPU, I put my 'formation' to a defensive one and forecheck the puck handler with one forward.

Sometimes works, I used to struggle a lot with the CPU. I used to approach it the same way I would a user controlled team.. and that was my main problem.

My game play vs the computer is totally different for sure. I use a very agressive forecheck and a 1-4 D. It works wonders honestly. If you play the CPU enough it is easy to know where every pass is going to go especially when they try to avoid a hard forecheck.

imo superstar is easier than the last two year to win consistantly against. Last year it seemed like every single shot they happen to get on net went in and I hated losing games 3-2 when I had 25-3 shots. this year seems a lot better imo.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
My game play vs the computer is totally different for sure. I use a very agressive forecheck and a 1-4 D. It works wonders honestly. If you play the CPU enough it is easy to know where every pass is going to go especially when they try to avoid a hard forecheck.

imo superstar is easier than the last two year to win consistantly against. Last year it seemed like every single shot they happen to get on net went in and I hated losing games 3-2 when I had 25-3 shots. this year seems a lot better imo.

I guess I'm just out of practice. I've been playing nothing but VS/HUT/GMC (human) for the last two weeks, so the three CPU games I've played were brutal. :laugh:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Advancing now. This will be the final double advance of the season.

Next advance will be Saturday.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Bluth Company 2013-2014 Standings

POS | Eastern Conference |GP | W/L/OT | PTS | ROW || Western Conference | GP | W/L/OT | PTS | ROW
1| Detroit Red Wings |68|55-12-1| 111 |48 || Los Angeles Kings |69|50-12-7| 107 |41
2|Toronto Maple Leafs|71|41-22-8| 90 |38 || Chicago Blackhawks |70|48-16-6| 102 |46
3|Florida Panthers|69|41-22-6| 88 |40 ||Edmonton Oilers|70|40-25-5| 85 |34
4|Carolina Hurricanes|69|38-23-8| 84 |36 ||Colorado Avalanche|70|34-23-13| 81 |32
5| Pittsburgh Penguins|68|38-23-7| 83 |33 || Nashville Predators|70|35-28-7| 77 |31
6|New York Islanders|70|37-24-9| 83 |34 ||Anaheim Ducks|69|34-29-6| 74 |31
7|Montreal Canadiens|70|39-27-4| 82 |37 ||Calgary Flames|69|32-31-6| 70 |30
8|Washington Capitals|70|36-24-10| 82 |35 ||Winnipeg Jets |71|32-33-6| 70 |27
|
9|Buffalo Sabres|69|35-25-9| 79 |30 ||Vancouver Canucks|72|31-35-6| 68 |26
10|Philadelphia Flyers|68|35-28-5| 75 |32 || Minnesota Wild|69|28-30-11| 67 |23
11| Tampa Bay Lightning|69|31-25-13| 75 |27 ||St. Louis Blues|69|26-29-14| 66 |23
12|New York Rangers|70|30-32-8| 68 |27 || San Jose Sharks|70|28-32-10| 66 |25
13| Ottawa Senators|68|30-31-7| 67 |27 || Phoenix Coyotes|69|27-32-10| 64 |22
14|Boston Bruins|69|29-33-7| 65 |25 ||Dallas Stars|69|25-36-8| 58 |22
15|Columbus Blue Jackets|69|27-33-9| 63 |25
16| New Jersey Devils|69|29-37-3| 61 |21

Clinched Playoff Spot
Clinched Division
Clinched Conference
Eliminated from Playoffs

The playoff push begins...

cbenini87

Jan 25, 2012
How does the seeding work with the new divisions? I'm a little confused. I thought I had it figured out that is the top 2 of each division in order from points 1-4.

Then 5-8 would be the next best 4 (regardless of division) sort of like wild cards. Any clarification on this would help.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
:avs injury count for the playoff push:

Stasnty: separated shoulder (30 games)
Tanguay: concussion (7 games)
Varlamov: injured hamstring (3 games, first ever goalie injury for me lol)
Barrie: a lacerated arm?! really? (40 freaking games)

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
:avs and :nucks need not be so loud in a party when I am playing a game.

You guys got me so distracted I put the puck into my own net! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad