OT: ~The Beer, Spirits, & Nightlife Thread V6~ Let's drink!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks everyone. Hulu has been playing gin ads for me since yesterday.
Is that how it works, if I post something and you keep seeing it, you see ads based on that?

You know that's weird. Like Men in thongs, Men in speedo's...banna hammocks. Greased up dudes. Hot sweaty dudes in your area.

Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs. Men in thongs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You act like I don't already get those.
giphy.gif
\

I had this Apple Ginger Cider by Lonetree, it's fantastic. Since I can't drink beer and I have tried the gluten free ones and they're all crap, I have just switched to cider to appease my celiac ass and a carbonated alcoholic drink.

It's actually very very good. https://www.lonetreecider.com/our-ciders

Reactions: Peat

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I’m at Starlite now. The entrance reminds me of a mid century modern Star Wars Imperial hallway. And the bartender was sure to let me know that happy hour was ending soon in order to save me a few dollars. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If it’s a girl named Rebecca I used to work with her at another spot in town.

Nah it was a dude and I think his name is Matt. I wanted to stay out longer tonight but after my first beer at Starlite and realizing the Pittsburgh time, I decided it was wise to go back to the hotel. So far the hospitality has been great in the city.

Tomorrow is likely exercise and swimming, a haircut, some miscellaneous stuff, and then the baseball game. There's almost no desire to go to the beaches but they look amazing in all the pictures.

Also, I really want to download Tinder to view the local scenery and get some suggestions (like I do with all my recent trips [especially since it sounds like none of my co-workers or friends {who have been here before} are making it out here]) but I just can't do that to my girlfriend. Even if there's absolutely no intent.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nah it was a dude and I think his name is Matt. I wanted to stay out longer tonight but after my first beer at Starlite and realizing the Pittsburgh time, I decided it was wise to go back to the hotel. So far the hospitality has been great in the city.

Tomorrow is likely exercise and swimming, a haircut, some miscellaneous stuff, and then the baseball game. There's almost no desire to go to the beaches but they look amazing in all the pictures.

Also, I really want to download Tinder to view the local scenery and get some suggestions (like I do with all my recent trips [especially since it sounds like none of my co-workers or friends {who have been here before} are making it out here]) but I just can't do that to my girlfriend. Even if there's absolutely no intent.

If you only can walk and Uber. Best bet is Sunset Cliffs and Balboa Park.

Sunset Cliffs is the beach tho’ all the cool outdoors parts of SD are 30-60 minutes out of the downtown.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

You're in San Diego?

I would tell you to go meet up with my brother, but I am sure you'll die from alcohol poisoning and smoke inhalation with how that guy drinks and smokes.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Gonna have to keep an eye out for that cider although looking at that site's FAQ, might be a long time before it's anywhere near where I go. Arsenal in Pittsburgh do a Ginger Cider from time to time which is my favourite cider in the world, but I've yet to find a real competitor to it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gonna have to keep an eye out for that cider although looking at that site's FAQ, might be a long time before it's anywhere near where I go. Arsenal in Pittsburgh do a Ginger Cider from time to time which is my favourite cider in the world, but I've yet to find a real competitor to it.
You'd love Lonetree, I think it's local to this place? But it's all I see when I go into Beer/Liquor Stores.

I've tried their Apple Cranberry, Apple, (Apple) Rose, and Apple Ginger.

Another one that is local to this place that I have had the opportunity to try a lot of is No Boats On Sunday and the Growers flavors (Pomegranate, Peach, Pair, Clementine Pineapple, and Harvest Stone Fruit).

No Boats - the one I linked, is probably one of the best tasting Ciders (apple) that I have ever had. It's not too dry or sour, just a perfect blend.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
You'd love Lonetree, I think it's local to this place? But it's all I see when I go into Beer/Liquor Stores.

I've tried their Apple Cranberry, Apple, (Apple) Rose, and Apple Ginger.

Another one that is local to this place that I have had the opportunity to try a lot of is No Boats On Sunday and the Growers flavors (Pomegranate, Peach, Pair, Clementine Pineapple, and Harvest Stone Fruit).

No Boats - the one I linked, is probably one of the best tasting Ciders (apple) that I have ever had. It's not too dry or sour, just a perfect blend.

Yeah, website says they're BC based - and also that that they've tried distributing to the States under a different name but it broke down and there's nothing in place there right now. Which is sad.

I'll definitely look out for that stuff if I ever make it out there. Pomegranate cider in particular sounds intriguing.

Cidery near me called Hawkes currently has a very good pineapple cider. But what I'm most looking forwards to is the wife snagged a bottle of ice cider from a place called Eden in Vermont, and I am just waiting for the right day to crack open that bad boy. Which probably won't be this week, as she's going to the London Craft Beer Festival Friday and Sunday (I'm going Sunday too), and that's pretty much all the drinking needed for one week.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
IPAs are an easy style to not mess up, but being in San Diego the past ten years it is kind of nice to have the best examples of the style around me at all times. Societe Pupil and Modern Times Fortunate Islands are unbeatable class beers IMO.

The new big thing out your way is Electric Brewing. You could trade for whatever you wanted for those right now. That berry slurpcicle looks bomb

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Will be in town this weekend with my gf, was wondering if anyone could recommend a night spot in or around downtown that wouldn’t be too crowded. Looking for a laid back place yet fun. We are around 40 but usually act half our age. Thanks!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Will be in town this weekend with my gf, was wondering if anyone could recommend a night spot in or around downtown that wouldn’t be too crowded. Looking for a laid back place yet fun. We are around 40 but usually act half our age. Thanks!

What're you looking for? Cocktails, beers, dancing?

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
What're you looking for? Cocktails, beers, dancing?
No dancing. Perhaps an Irish pub? Speakeasy? Not huge drinkers, just want a relaxed but different atmosphere. I’m fine with Guinness, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Captain and Coke (I know, exciting, right?). She’s good with pretty much anything. Thanks.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Spent a lot of time in Murrieta. I do not believe anything of creative value could have come out of there and this is likely the typical OMG TICKET SALES hype. Also Slurpicicle is the name.

Its because they are small batch right now. People want new and what others can't have. It's a good way to start. They will blow up and be the Monkish for that area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad