OT: ~The Beer, Spirits, & Nightlife Thread V6~ Let's drink!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean, obv your paying for it so drink it however, but I always loved customers that would order something like Eagle Rare and ask for it as a whiskey soda or something stupid.

Is there a wrong way to order alcohol? I just see it as being eccentric.

I mean you can order a Dr Pepper and that is dropping liquor into a beer chaser. By standard means that is 'incorrect'. Right?

Reactions: Ogrezilla

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Some of those comments were gold.

Yup I'm done drinking their beer. Like I said, good for the owners, but I choose to spend my local beer $'s on breweries that are actually local. I live in Cleveland so it's all the more relevant for me.
I didn't like their beer all that much to begin with, but I feel I'm the minority there. Plenty of other options either way.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I guess? They were under literally no obligation to do anything and if you want to target your rage at anyone it should be the owners who were allowing people to plan events there while obviously having the building on the market.

Nah man, it’s garbage to just ghost people who were deep in to the process of signing a contract when you take over. That’s what bad people and bad companies do. They should have had the courtesy to reach out to the many people (it was far, far from just us) and inform people of the changes or say we won’t be going forward with things.

Lagunitas' possible Southend Brewery remodel not a good look to some event space renters

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nah man, it’s garbage to just ghost people who were deep in to the process of signing a contract when you take over. That’s what bad people and bad companies do. They should have had the courtesy to reach out to the many people (it was far, far from just us) and inform people of the changes or say we won’t be going forward with things.

Lagunitas' possible Southend Brewery remodel not a good look to some event space renters

I’m not really sure how any of this is Lagunitas’ fault. The complaints in that article honestly come off as the biggest 1st world problems ever.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Nah man, it’s garbage to just ghost people who were deep in to the process of signing a contract when you take over.
People were "deep in to the process" of signing contracts with the seller who likely had fiduciary duty and most definitely had moral imperative to inform the contracting party they had no ****ing way to guaranteeing honoring said contract since they were selling the bloody building! Had Lagunitas bought the company, they would have inherited the company's obligations, but they didn't. They bought real estate. They did not buy a book of business. Again, I'm sorry you were aggrieved, and I definitely think you have every right to be pissed, but you're mad at the wrong party. No, I don't work for Lagunitas, but I sure dig their "Total Domination" IPA...

Reactions: Shady Machine

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
this back and forth hurts my head. It's a drink. Drink it how you like.
You are just being difficult to be difficult.

There are ways to drink tequila to get the most out of it. If i'm inexperienced with it, research and fellow peers sharing how to do so is the best way. Pixie is from the west coast and may have some experience with how to drink tequila. What if i've been enjoying it one way but can enjoy it even more?

Come at me, bro.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I didn't like their beer all that much to begin with, but I feel I'm the minority there. Plenty of other options either way.

I liked some of it and I like that they experiment BUT because of the constant new releases, the quality was more hit or miss than others. Other breweries would have brewpub specials before canning, while Platform seems to can everything and that impacted quality.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

There are ways to drink tequila to get the most out of it. If i'm inexperienced with it, research and fellow peers sharing how to do so is the best way. Pixie is from the west coast and may have some experience with how to drink tequila. What if i've been enjoying it one way but can enjoy it even more?

Come at me, bro.

Yes. I was not just being a dick per usual.

Reactions: ColePens

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
People were "deep in to the process" of signing contracts with the seller who likely had fiduciary duty and most definitely had moral imperative to inform the contracting party they had no ****ing way to guaranteeing honoring said contract since they were selling the bloody building! Had Lagunitas bought the company, they would have inherited the company's obligations, but they didn't. They bought real estate. They did not buy a book of business. Again, I'm sorry you were aggrieved, and I definitely think you have every right to be pissed, but you're mad at the wrong party. No, I don't work for Lagunitas, but I sure dig their "Total Domination" IPA...

That’s Ninkasi Bruuuuh.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Come at me, bro.
I guess I assumed if you were drinking it with stuff added, you had tried drinking it by itself first and decided adding things would help.
Yes. I was not just being a dick per usual.
That's fair. I read it as the reason not to do it was that people would think you're a dumbass, not that it would be better. My mistake.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I guess I assumed if you were drinking it with stuff added, you had tried drinking it by itself first and decided adding things would help.

That's fair. I read it as the reason not to do it was that people would think you're a dumbass, not that it would be better. My mistake.

Pixie...

giphy.gif

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
but I'm saying I seem to have misinterpreted the point, why do I still need to go down? :cry:

also, the bar we go after frisbee has been carrying different Odd Side beers lately, and they are pretty damn tasty.

I honestly have no idea how to drink tequila. I just know I like it and it's a lot less calories than A LOT of alcohol. I hate mixed drinks because they are so loaded with sugar. Beer is becoming too heavy and all the flavors are becoming one.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
but I'm saying I seem to have misinterpreted the point, why do I still need to go down? :cry:

also, the bar we go after frisbee has been carrying different Odd Side beers lately, and they are pretty damn tasty.

I was 100% being a dick. But, just chirping. ColePens likes Coldplay of course he drinks his tequila on ice.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Got to agree here. When’s the last time you had just a normal red or brown ale?

Man beer is SOOO flavored it seems. It's so gimmicked and has been for years. It's all about the next flavor and hype and then it's done. It's fun to sample beers but man it just flows altogether at this point.

Any city you go to, it is waaaaaay too over saturated with places making beer.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I guess the fact that I typically drink like 1 or 2 beers a week makes this stuff harder to notice. Especially since I don't have a problem going back to the ones I know I like. Probably half of that is Fat Tire because it's the special most of the time I go out. I drink because I'm out with friends, but I rarely go out to drink. It's just what happens at a bar. And the half a dozen times a year I drink more than that I tend to go with the light stuff. Sours are really the first style of beers I've found myself really wanting to try more of.

edit: not bashing it btw. I definitely see the appeal. It's just not really for me. I have never thought back on a night and remembered it (good or bad) for the type of drink I had.

Last edited:

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Man beer is SOOO flavored it seems. It's so gimmicked and has been for years. It's all about the next flavor and hype and then it's done. It's fun to sample beers but man it just flows altogether at this point.

Any city you go to, it is waaaaaay too over saturated with places making beer.
It feels like a bubble market with how many breweries are popping up left and right. And to be honest, the places I go back to aren't the ones that have a chocolate milkshake double IPA or a hazy lingonberry barrel aged bourbon ale, but the breweries who have a really solid belgian wheat, or a really good smooth pils, or a nice regular brown ale.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I often drink to get drunk. But when I do drink it's not always to get drunk. Which I think is good? Here in WV I mostly have a beer with dinner just to calm me a bit.

I've drank so much less since leaving Erie. Honestly I think I lost around 10 pounds from not being in Erie (@Ogrezilla). That's a drinking town for sure.

West Virginia.. I think I gained around 20 pounds once I temporarily moved there for work. No good food options and then I'd drink to cope with the situation. I could tell a difference in how my clothes fit and how I felt. And those were negatives.

Honestly, the best phone application I've ever downloaded is "MyFitnessPal". Made me think about my activity and what I put in my body.

Side bar: if I'm at a 1000 calorie deficit on Sunday, am at a 300 calorie deficit on Monday, does that mean I can eat an excess of 1300 calories on Tuesday?

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I often drink to get drunk. But when I do drink it's not always to get drunk. Which I think is good? Here in WV I mostly have a beer with dinner just to calm me a bit.

I've drank so much less since leaving Erie. Honestly I think I lost around 10 pounds from not being in Erie (@Ogrezilla). That's a drinking town for sure.

West Virginia.. I think I gained around 20 pounds once I temporarily moved there for work. No good food options and then I'd drink to cope with the situation. I could tell a difference in how my clothes fit and how I felt. And those were negatives.

Honestly, the best phone application I've ever downloaded is "MyFitnessPal". Made me think about my activity and what I put in my body.

Side bar: if I'm at a 1000 calorie deficit on Sunday, am at a 300 calorie deficit on Monday, does that mean I can eat an excess of 1300 calories on Tuesday?
Where in West By God are you?

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
gulden-draak-330-ml-105.jpg

Revisiting a classic that I have had aged for probably 5.5 years. Still smells fantastic, taste is also still great, but it does seem to have a different aftertaste to it than last time I popped a bottle from this 4-pk. But I might be imagining things.

I'm down to just having at most, 1 or 2 drinks a week, which means a lot of beer is getting aged more than I intended, lol, I think I have 10-12 cases of mixed beers. Fortunately most are high gravity so they'll be fine.

While on vacation in MN back in June, I was finally able to score a bottle of Surly Darkness (2016 Cerberus bottle) and Surly Darkness Rye Barrel Aged (2017 bottle). We had the Rye Aged while up in MN, still have the regular in the fridge. The Rye was really interesting, had a pepper and black currant finish, definitely couldn't do more than one full glass, so glad to share with family.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@HuskerTornado Aged as in "Shit, I got this a while back, I should drink this now that I've found it..." or did you purposely buy beer and age it?

Side note: I tried this coconut drink here in Vancouver, made locally called Coco-Frio. I saw the allure of Pineapple and Coconut Water with Vodka intriguing, but it had soda in it too and because of that, it tasted like acid reflux after barfing in your mouth and swallowing said vomit.

WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE THAT?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad