OT: ~The Beer, Spirits, & Nightlife Thread V6~ Let's drink!

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
@HuskerTornado Aged as in "****, I got this a while back, I should drink this now that I've found it..." or did you purposely buy beer and age it?

Side note: I tried this coconut drink here in Vancouver, made locally called Coco-Frio. I saw the allure of Pineapple and Coconut Water with Vodka intriguing, but it had soda in it too and because of that, it tasted like acid reflux after barfing in your mouth and swallowing said vomit.

WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE THAT?!
I buy beer to age. High alc. % beers age nicely, some improve over time as the alcohol heat can mellow and the flavor profile becomes more complex. Especially stouts and Belgian strong ales, also those that are bottle fermented.

Occasionally, though, time can get away from you.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh got absolutely f***ed with New Amsterdam's release of Pink Whitney. I stopped in my local store every day last week and saw nothing. Eventually I asked when it'd be out and they told me they were sold out. Same for literally everywhere else. f***ing joke.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Picked up a bottle of Maggie’s 50/50 Pineapple rum. Made a few Mules with it, but I need to think of what else to make with it.

Has anyone tried Southern Tier’s Orange Creamsicle Milkshake IPA? I just recently had their Vanilla Whip for the first time and thought it was decent.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Picked up a bottle of Maggie’s 50/50 Pineapple rum. Made a few Mules with it, but I need to think of what else to make with it.

Sounds like it would be perfect for Surfer on Acid. 1oz of Jager. 1oz of that. 1oz of pineapple juice if it even needs it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Buddy dropped off a 6 pack of Mad Elf... Sooo obviously!

I can't believe how little I have drank in 2020. I don't really drink all that much because empty calories/shit feeling, but I maybe had less than 10 beers all year. All year. :laugh: I would love to go to different restaurants and just get flights or try something new.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Dpz8qM0XP1b2AejxVEdxS65a1mweX_-DC18suvvBheA.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad