OT: ~The Beer, Spirits, & Nightlife Thread V6~ Let's drink!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's included too, but not the one I'm talking about.

citradelic_l.png

sZperE9.jpg

A nice client got me this for Easter. They always buy me booze :laugh:

Finally get Dogfish Head in my area, the India Brown is just so good. The 2017 Beer to Drink Music To Tropical Blonde is an odd one. I like it, but don't love it. Must be the hibiscus in the finish that has me feeling it is a bit off.

And slow down on the posting until I get home tomorrow and can post up v6. Lol

Enjoyed that as well. Voodoo Ranger I think it was called?

Yea, it's decent. I was expecting more from this one, because I like most of Dogfish's offerings. I like my sours tart though.

I like just about everything Allagash makes. I was lucky enough to visit their brewery and try some of the good stuff. Them and Ommegang are both right up there when it comes to Belgiums.

Really liking a lot of the juicy IPA's of late. If you get a chance have Paradox's Beaver bite. Its a beer from the Adirondacks, and they don't ship too far away I don't think, but it's good stuff.

Last thread

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Got a mix and match 6 pack at Market District for the game. Drinking a Southern Tier Tangier at the moment, it's actually pretty decent considering I don't go for IPAs very often.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Re: Citradelic.

Not sure if that was the one I had or not. It was that or Voodoo I think. It was definitely New Belgium, but it was on tap. Guess I'll just have to try both again.

Got a 4 pack of Founders Frootwoods. I think its a cool, unique beer, but it's not for me.

Planning a vacation in Vermont. Any recommendations on where to go? I know Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, and Fiddlehead are must visits. Anywhere else? So stoked to finally, hopefully, get my hands on some Heady Topper.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I went to Copper Kettle Brewing last weekend to try it out. We go back at the start of May to bottle our beer.

In the mean time, I'm reading about how to do homebrewing.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Re: Citradelic.

Not sure if that was the one I had or not. It was that or Voodoo I think. It was definitely New Belgium, but it was on tap. Guess I'll just have to try both again.

Got a 4 pack of Founders Frootwoods. I think its a cool, unique beer, but it's not for me.

Planning a vacation in Vermont. Any recommendations on where to go? I know Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, and Fiddlehead are must visits. Anywhere else? So stoked to finally, hopefully, get my hands on some Heady Topper.

I can't give you names but I remember when I was in Vermont seeing a fair few cider orchards advertising their business. If apples do it for you it might be worth hunting a few out.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I went to Copper Kettle Brewing last weekend to try it out. We go back at the start of May to bottle our beer.

In the mean time, I'm reading about how to do homebrewing.

What are you reading?

I picked this up probably 2 years ago and finally got around to starting it.

51Sv2P6UeWL.jpg

I was given a little starters homebrew kit for Christmas I figure I should put it to good use.

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
It's been a while since I've posted here, but for you Pittsburgher's, how amazing has Brew Gentlemen become? They are just killing it in the IPA game right now, making some of the best in the country.

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
Well, in general, I don't like IPAs. I also don't like how... gentrify-ee they are.

I'm also a very negative person.

It's ok. I'm a glass half full type of guy too.

Although their IPAs have a completely different taste profile than your typical bitter, dry, super hopped up IPAs. They follow the new wave of New England style IPAs that have juicy, fruity, hazy features.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Couch brewing is opening up this weekend. They name their beers after types of sofas, etc. If they take suggestions, I'll suggest:

The Pull Out Milk Stout

Reactions: Peat

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Couch brewing is opening up this weekend. They name their beers after types of sofas, etc. If they take suggestions, I'll suggest:

The Pull Out Milk Stout

Almost spit my water out reading that.

Cobblehaus brewing also just opened in Coraopolis. Their styles are inspired by German and Belgian brewing but have a little of everything. It's not too far from me so hoping to get over there soon.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Bought a case of Sleemans for my bday. Tonight it will be bog standard Bud etc but I don't care. May have to have a few shots of Jager too :D :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad