OT: The Avalounge's Official Game of Thrones Thread WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Jamie seems likely to sell Cersei's plan out to Dany and Jon now that he's seen the light...so I'm shocked Cersei let him live. I mean once Dany knows that she's bringing the Golden Company over she's not going to let herself get f-ed over by Cersei - and that's assuming they were stupid enough to believe Cersei in the first place.

Also what was with Tyrion creepin' all worried like when Jon and Dany were doing the deed? Something is going on. What happened when he talked to Cersei? Does he know Cersei's entire plan and agreed to not to tell his peeps for some reason?

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Also I'm down with a few of the theories already mentioned:

- I think Jon is Azor Ahai, will sacrifice himself at the end of the series and Dany will be pregnant with their child. They've made too much already of Dany not being able to get pregnant so of course she will...plus she lost one of her "babies" already in Viserion so she'll be able to conceive a human dragon this time. Killing off Jon also eliminates the awkwardness of him being the true heir to the Iron Throne and not his Aunt/lover. I'm not sure Dany is going to take that news well - at the very least she will be conflicted. But Jon dying and her having a baby let's her take the throne legitimately as well as preserving Jon's legacy. Jon's heroism has always been very blunt and up front - he's never been the brightest and he's too righteous to rule. Dany should end up on the throne - her heroic legacy will be to prove she can rule in a democratic way when none of her predecessors could (most notably her dad).

- I love the idea of a new Bran the Builder at the end of the show...as annoyingly boring as the new Three-Eyed Bran has become, I'm a bit over all the speculation of him as the Night King, to the point where I will be disappointed if that is the outcome. I get the connections but it still seems like an awfully convoluted and complex theory to me, to the point where it would feel forced to get max shock (but obviously not now because everyone knows the theory).

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I am by no means an expert on the books or show, but my guess is that the show ends on a tragic note, Daenarys takes the Iron Throne, and Jon Snow Aegon Targaryen somehow takes over for the Night King and leads all the zombies and wights and whatever the hell they are back north, never to be seen again. I mean, he's already been killed and resurrected once so becoming some sort of undead being can't be that far removed. Sansa becomes Warden of the North with Arya by her side. No idea who becomes Warden of the South. Brienne...? Tyrion will be the last Lannister standing, though I'm reading he technically might not be a Lannister either. I'd be shocked if the twins make it to the end of this alive.

Of course it sounds like Westeros is gon' be ****ed by this Great War, so everyone is gonna be picking up the pieces of what's left.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't think Arya gets to kill The Mountain.
I don't think The Hound gets to, either.
The Hound told The Mountain that he wasnÂ’t there for him, and that he knows who is coming for him. Who???

It's the Hound 100%.

He was saying that it wasn't going to happen at that moment or on that day. But that it was coming and that he(The Mountain) knows that it's coming.

As for how the show ends, I think it will go one of two ways:

If it's a happy(Ish) ending, then I think it ends with Jon as the King of the 7 kingdoms and sitting on the Iron throne, Dany as his Queen, Sansa the Lady of Winterfell and Queen of the North. Cersei and The NK both dead.

If it's not a happy ending, I think Dany has Jons baby. Jon sacrifices himself to kill the NK and end his army. Dan ends up sitting on the throne as Queen.

That's the two ways I think are most likely to have the series end.

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I want the Night King to be banished back to the very far North...and I want him to take Cersei (and her yet-to-be-born dwarf baby) with him, to be the Night Queen. :naughty:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm thinking they should bring back Sloth as the inbred Lannister baby

Imagine this sitting on the Iron Throne

e3e72a4e-e67e-48fa-badc-101c5309d30d.jpg._CB303996298__SL220__.jpg

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I personally think Dany will give birth, and then Jon will have to kill Dany to become Azor Ahai and finish the NK. I think it'll be a very bittersweet ending, with him having to kill his lover to save Westeros, and then ascending the throne as a saviour and the ruler Westros needs, but he'll be forever scarred / depressed / changed with just his child to live for and raise.

To me it just makes too much sense I suppose. Azor Ahai forged Lightbringer, the sword to defeat darkness, by plunging it into his wife's heart. Ahai is supposed to be reborn as the Prince that was Promised, who is supposed to pull Lightbringer from the flames to once again defeat the darkness. Jon having to kill Dany would once again be the sacrifice necessary to forge the sword (if that is necessary again) and Dany, as a dragon, would doubly be "the flames" that the sword emerges from. Jon, with a flaming sword, then goes out and defeats the NK 1 v 1. It would be a suitably tragic arc for both characters as well: Dany spends her entire life trying to return to Westeros to rule, but then dies to save all of Westeros before really ruling at all, and Jon, who never really wanted power, sacrifices essentially everything and becomes King.

Last edited:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Does another long break give time for GRR to wrap things up and bring both show and books to a nicely tied-up ending? I know the Double D's are going off GRR's bullet points but they are flying a bit blind until he fleshes things out. If Season 8 were to dovetail back with whatever is going to happen in GRR's books then I feel people (especially book people) will be much more forgiving of the show having to "do its own thing" during this last season.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Jamie seems likely to sell Cersei's plan out to Dany and Jon now that he's seen the light...so I'm shocked Cersei let him live. I mean once Dany knows that she's bringing the Golden Company over she's not going to let herself get f-ed over by Cersei - and that's assuming they were stupid enough to believe Cersei in the first place.

Also what was with Tyrion creepin' all worried like when Jon and Dany were doing the deed? Something is going on. What happened when he talked to Cersei? Does he know Cersei's entire plan and agreed to not to tell his peeps for some reason?

As for the Golden Company, how about the idea that those dudes come over to support Cersei, but Daario is leading them, and he hooks Danerys up at the last minute?

As for Tyrion, perhaps he knows about Jon's true heritage, and always politically astute, he knows that incest won't sell well, dragons or no.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Gonna be kind of pissed if they have Tyrion betray Dany after all this time. There's a part of me that wondered if it was more just him being concerned about hers and Jon's lives because of the Army of the Dead (all this season he's been real fearful of her heading into battle).

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Gonna be kind of pissed if they have Tyrion betray Dany after all this time. There's a part of me that wondered if it was more just him being concerned about hers and Jon's lives because of the Army of the Dead (all this season he's been real fearful of her heading into battle).

It wouldn't even make sense. He's spent his entire life hating Cersei, caring for Jaime, and just when everyone realizes a massive dead army is coming, and Jaime joins Dany's side, he decides to switch sides and join Cersei when she's not planning to help fight the dead? It would be against everything we know about him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It wouldn't even make sense. He's spent his entire life hating Cersei, caring for Jaime, and just when everyone realizes a massive dead army is coming, and Jaime joins Dany's side, he decides to switch sides and join Cersei when she's not planning to help fight the dead? It would be against everything we know about him.

I'm not necessarily sure if Jaime is joining Dany's side, perhaps he's just riding off on his own...that being said--with only 6 episodes left, I'm fully expecting him to show up to Winterfell and let Jon and Dany in on the news, as well as likely answer for/atone for him pushing Bran out of the window.

As far as Tyrion's look while Jon and Dany were getting busy...I'm seriously hoping it was more of a concerned look for both of them because of the huge challenge that awaits them all.

Last edited:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
The story behind the dragonpit was interesting. Like before there were just dragons roaming around Kings Landing like those cats that take over a town lol

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The Night King wants to steal the JonDany baby to change and to be his successor.

(now that Crastor's gone, somebody has to provide chillens...)

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Tyrion was looking all sad because he's in love with Danny I'm pretty sure. But the writers are garbage so you never know with those goofs.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Ok, you don't know what you're talking about, sorry.

Oh, okay then you must be right. Just ignore the fact that I've watched the entire series and read all the books twice and spent hours reading up on the lore and all the crazy theories.

Also ignore google, which can easily help you find a quote by Peter Dinklage stating that his character is smitten by his employer. Along with the many articles exploring that possibility.

Or maybe you're referring to the fact that I think the show's writers are terrible, in which case I can provide loads of valid reasons why I think they are.

So which is it?

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Oh, okay then you must be right. Just ignore the fact that I've watched the entire series and read all the books twice and spent hours reading up on the lore and all the crazy theories.

Also ignore google, which can easily help you find a quote by Peter Dinklage stating that his character is smitten by his employer. Along with the many articles exploring that possibility.

Or maybe you're referring to the fact that I think the show's writers are terrible, in which case I can provide loads of valid reasons why I think they are.

So which is it?

Nah, I don't really need to go into this with you. I've read all the books too...just tired of people ripping on it. Don't watch it if you think the writers are so terrible. I mean, how can you really watch the whole series and think the writers are terrible? Rhetorical question. There may be certain parts you don't agree with, but as a whole , it's been fairly entertaining, IMO. While I don't think you're right about Tyrion, I'd happily admit I was wrong if it happens. Happy Labor day weekend!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Some people can never be happy :laugh:. I can understand peoples complaints about it maybe feeling a bit rushed, but it's still an amazing show and my favourite season thus far. If a television show invokes that level of hostility then priorities aren't right, IMO.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Some people can never be happy :laugh:. I can understand peoples complaints about it maybe feeling a bit rushed, but it's still an amazing show and my favourite season thus far. If a television show invokes that level of hostility then priorities aren't right, IMO.

Agreed! And I don't need the show to be EXACTLY like the books/lore to be entertained. After all, they have to cater to a much larger portion of the population than just those that read the books/know what they're talking about. I've enjoyed every episode since eppy 1.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Nah, I don't really need to go into this with you. I've read all the books too...just tired of people ripping on it. Don't watch it if you think the writers are so terrible. I mean, how can you really watch the whole series and think the writers are terrible? Rhetorical question. There may be certain parts you don't agree with, but as a whole , it's been fairly entertaining, IMO. While I don't think you're right about Tyrion, I'd happily admit I was wrong if it happens. Happy Labor day weekend!

I enjoyed the show up until about season 5. Then it went downhill in terms of dialogue, plot points and character motives and actions. I still watch it because it's one of those things where I'm too far in to just quit, the commitment has been made, now I have to see it to the end. I'm the same with The Walking Dead.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Agreed! And I don't need the show to be EXACTLY like the books/lore to be entertained. After all, they have to cater to a much larger portion of the population than just those that read the books/know what they're talking about. I've enjoyed every episode since eppy 1.

Same. In a perfect world we'd see GRRM have his way with the series and take as long as he needs, but it doesn't work like that unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad