OT: The Avalounge's Official Game of Thrones Thread WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
MGoT-S6-key-art-vertical-01.jpg

The GoT thread is a reality.

EVERYTHING BELLOW HERE WILL BE A POTENTIAL GAME OF THRONES SPOILER. TREAD WITH CARE!

I'm thinking everything TV show and books should be fair game here but I'll let everyone decide.

Please don't post leaks and upcoming episode rumors (IE photos from the sets of upcoming episodes)

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
To start off... the last few post from the lounge.

- Getting bored of the Arya saga. It's dragging.

- I really don't understand the Sam story. I think his character should have ended some time ago. Really starting to notice that they follow characters for maybe TOO long in the stories.

- The actors and actresses of GOT have said in the press something might happen this season that is worse than the Red Wedding. I'm trying to figure out who's going to be the victims. It's gotta be someone that is beloved, and I am starting to think it's going to be Dany. The only other character I can think of is Jon Snow, but they wouldn't kill him twice.

- Speaking of Dany, I'm starting to call bull**** on her story too. She needs 1000 boats. She wants to rule the seven kingdoms. She has flying dragons. She's this "great war chief" yet she's never flown over to the other side to plot anything. Get your dragon a** over there and start scouting/interacting. You don't need boats.

- One of my friends has a theory that this season is all about stalling until the book can come out. I'm starting to subscribe to that theory. A few major events this season, but they seemingly take forever to develop. I thought there'd be a march on Bolton by the time this episode ended, but there's nothing.

I guess chalk me up to the disappointed fanbase as well. Jon Snow coming back was cool but everyone knew that was happening. Outside of that event, there's not been much this year.

maybe they consider Sansa and Rickon being killed worse than the Red Wedding...

and/or Jaime Lannister -- some have grown to love him...

NOTE: I have no idea if that's going to happen...

There's a few people I could see dying...Sansa, Dany, and Jon are the only ones I don't see as candidates, but you never really know, especially if they're really free-wheeling it now and have their own path to the finish line in mind.

Also I think they're FINALLY going to move the Arya storyline along...or she's going to die. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol if Dany or Arya died before doing something it would be the biggest waste of time I've ever seen.

I think Sansa will die in episode 9. Somehow Ramsey will find her and kill her.

And if either Arya or Dany die before getting back to Westeros it would be the dumbest thing in the history of GoT.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Book should be off limits.... I for one don't read them and do not want to be told what will happen. Please.

Even tho the books and show are somewhat different.

member 116861

Ahh Spoilers!!!

:scared:

I apologize. Carry on with actual discussion.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Question...

I watched one episode of it and thought it was mega boring and overrated. It was the one where this guy was basically having a stroke for 30 minutes of an hour episode with white eyes and these goblin looking creatures started attacking this Lord of the Rings main beard looking protagonist at this dark ruin temple thing. I also think there was this carnival thrown including a jester in somewhere as well with a woman changing scene.

Is the series a lot like this episode or are majority of the episodes better than this one?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Question...

I watched one episode of it and thought it was mega boring and overrated. It was the one where this guy was basically having a stroke for 30 minutes of an hour episode with white eyes and these goblin looking creatures started attacking this Lord of the Rings main beard looking protagonist at this dark ruin temple thing. I also think there was this carnival thrown including a jester in somewhere as well with a woman changing scene.

Is the series a lot like this episode or are majority of the episodes better than this one?

Ummm what

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Question...

Lolol thats your first GoT experience?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
What was Sam thinking? His dad's gonna go ape$#it
Plus I think its humorous that even his family has Valaryian steel but the Lannisters dont.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ummm what

Lolol thats your first GoT experience?

Ummm, yeah? I have no idea what I watched so I asked in the form how I saw it. :laugh: One of the other scenes is this woman is asked to lead this specific army, but of course the macho guy with his testosterone has to get in the way saying he won't fight for a woman, only for the woman to have higher testosterone levels than the guy crashing his manhood.

Since you guys don't know the episode, it might seem like all the episodes are of a dude stroking in white contact lenses and these CGI animated goblin green-blue creatures sneaking up on these China stolen Lord of the Ring characters.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Ummm, yeah? I have no idea what I watched so I asked in the form how I saw it. :laugh: One of the other scenes is this woman is asked to lead this specific army, but of course the macho guy with his testosterone has to get in the way saying he won't fight for a woman, only for the woman to have higher testosterone levels than the guy crashing his manhood.

Since you guys don't know the episode, it might seem like all the episodes are of a dude stroking in white contact lenses and these CGI animated goblin green-blue creatures sneaking up on these China stolen Lord of the Ring characters.

Oh I know the episode. And its definitely in the minority as far as the show goes. That Ep is very Dungeons and Dragons and while i dig it, most of the show is more ...History Channel meets Cinemax than LOTR.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Well technically the Lannisters did...then Jamie gave it away and Joffrey died :laugh:

Yes thats right. In the books ive heard (never read) that it works out a bit differently.
Basically some old Lannister dude sailed off to Valyria with their steel and lost it
So the richest family by far has been trying to buy Valyrian steel ever since from other notable families that possess it and everyone is like "are you serious? its Valyrian, its priceless"

I like that its this sign of power and respect and tradition and the richest most ruthless family aint got it and cant buy one with all that lannister gold.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I haven't read the books but I'd like to know some more about Bran The Builder if anyone wants to fill me in

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I haven't read the books but I'd like to know some more about Bran The Builder if anyone wants to fill me in

You should look up Comicbookgirl19 on youtube , she does these great GoT history videos. Highly recommend. She talks about each of the families histories

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Plus I think its humorous that even his family has Valaryian steel but the Lannisters dont.

Honestly I think his father is going to die trying to get the sword back. Allowing Sam to sort of rejoin his family.

And in terms of Book spoilers there really isn't anything left that has happened in the books that hasn't happened in the show.... we really shouldn't need spoiler tags in here I don't think.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

The show is the goods... don't judge it off one episode midseason well into 6 seasons. Give it a chance from the beginning to understand the characters why certain things are like that. It's the only way to actually watch it.

Probably, going to give it to Jon...I mean he's not stupid (he's a coward or was) but he knows they need all the weapons they can get to fight the WW. I liked his dad BTW. He was harsh but still a boss.

Well technically the Lannisters did...then Jamie gave it away and Joffrey died :laugh:

Only reason those ******* got it was stealing from Ned no?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I know GRRM references actual history cause that whole Crown and the Faith thing felt like it actually happened in ye ole England a long time ago or in Rome or something... ha see how much I know history.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Regarding SPOILERS

Book material and show material, fine by me.
But there are sites out there that are posting spoilers from upcoming episodes.
PLEASE don't post those rumors/spoilers!

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Are theories open game? Lots of them going around about Bran based on the last episodes that could explain a lot of things that have happened in GOT history.

None of the theories have really been "confirmed" except through bits and pieces of the show.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Agreed Bubba. I'll add that too the OP.

I think theories should be fair as well. Lots of good stuff to talk about with those theories.

Like when are they finally going to finish the Tower of Joy? I hate being blue balled on that.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Thoros of Myr said, "According to prophecy, our champion will be reborn to wake dragons from stone and reforge the great sword Lightbringer that defeated the darkness those thousands of years ago."

According to prophecy, in ancient books of Asshai from over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again to challenge the Others. This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world.It is said that wielding Lightbringer once again, Azor Ahai will stand against the Others and if he fails, the world fails with him.

Here's one of my theories, based on Westeros history, the books, and what we've seen D&D "change" from the books:

The sword that fat Sammy stole from daddy is, in fact, LightBringer.
He'll end up delivering it -- maybe through Jorah Mormont coming to the Citadel looking for a greyscale cure -- and it will end up in the hands of Daenerys.

(I think he breaks the sword fighting his father, and the Red Priestess over there -- in Mereen -- will reforge it. Heh, it would be cool in Gendry reappeared to do the smithy work...)

Although it says "he", it could be that "she" will become Azor Ahai!

Last edited:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
The Door episode two weeks ago was GoT (and frankly, any TV show) at it's finest. I was a wreck at the end. I knew from the show intro that Hodor was probably going to die saving Bran given how many of the flashback sequences featured him but when you finally realize how it is going to happen, why it is going to happen and the big flashback with the Looper-style "future influencing the past influencing the future" thing...it is devastating and mind-blowing. There are some many threads, so many stories but they are woven into this single fabric so well by both GRRM and the show producers - it makes me love the craft and the attention to detail and storytelling so much. It's another level from other TV shows and you can't just sit down and watch a random episode cold and understand the appeal.

Last week was pretty ho-hum but does set up a lot of stuff. Love Uncle Benji being back. Love Arya leaving her cult and can't wait for her to smack down that other girl. But here's my question...

It was clear a couple weeks ago that Marjorie did not buy any of the High Sparrow's BS...when she told Loras to stay strong and not cave to these nutjobs. Yet she was clearly letting herself be used as a tool by the High Sparrow this past episode when she convinced Tomen about seeing the light and to unite the Crown with the Faith.

What is her intention? Why not just let the Tyrell's army crush the Sparrows and free her...and more importantly, Loras from their cruel captivity? Is she playing both the Sparrows and the Lannisters? If she is, it is completely on her own as obviously her family was shocked. And...the High Sparrow always seems one step ahead...if Marjorie is playing him...then he probably already knows it and has a plan to deal with her?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad