OT: The Avalounge: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb [Special Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Apple support has been impossible to speak with the last couple of days so I'm curious if any of you guys are good with this crap.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. I got a notification yesterday morning that my Apple ID was used on another phone and that if it wasn't me I should change my password. Yes this was legit from Apple, not one of those hack emails. Anyway I changed my password and went on my phone and updated it for everything (iMessage, ICloud, FaceTime, App Store) but now my iMessage isn't working. I also can't use FaceTime and all my recently downloaded music in my "Apple Music" is gone. I tried turning iMessage off and on. Restarted my phone several times and nothing is working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
man that sucks

go on to your apple computer and turn on 2-step authentication. That's a must for any app that will accept it.

I also started using Dashline for all my passwords - it's expensive but I am so tired of having my password or accounts hacked/stolen

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Apple support has been impossible to speak with the last couple of days so I'm curious if any of you guys are good with this crap.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. I got a notification yesterday morning that my Apple ID was used on another phone and that if it wasn't me I should change my password. Yes this was legit from Apple, not one of those hack emails. Anyway I changed my password and went on my phone and updated it for everything (iMessage, ICloud, FaceTime, App Store) but now my iMessage isn't working. I also can't use FaceTime and all my recently downloaded music in my "Apple Music" is gone. I tried turning iMessage off and on. Restarted my phone several times and nothing is working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had a similar issue about 2-3 weeks ago where my logging kept getting shut down because of bad passwords. The hackers tried for 3-4 days until they must have realized I had 2 step and a super complicated password. Mine just pretty much went away.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I had a similar issue about 2-3 weeks ago where my logging kept getting shut down because of bad passwords. The hackers tried for 3-4 days until they must have realized I had 2 step and a super complicated password. Mine just pretty much went away.

How long did it take. I've legit tried everything. Apple support basically ran out of options. I haven't been able to send or receive iMessage in two days.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Here's what you do, you take off your Apple Inc. t-shirt and buy a different phone.

Thank you for your time.

Lol I'm not a brand supporter (other than wearing only lulu at the gym :laugh: ). I just go with what I like and what works for me. I've had an Iphone since 2008 and have never had any type of issue in any way until now. I don't have an Iphone because I'm on "team apple". I have an Iphone because since the day I bought it (which just so happened to be the day the first Iphone was sold in Canada) everything flowed and worked perfectly for me.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Lol I'm not a brand supporter (other than wearing only lulu at the gym :laugh: ). I just go with what I like and what works for me. I've had an Iphone since 2008 and have never had any type of issue in any way until now. I don't have an Iphone because I'm on "team apple". I have an Iphone because since the day I bought it (which just so happened to be the day the first Iphone was sold in Canada) everything flowed and worked perfectly for me.

I've had everything from Apple, over Android to a Windows phone. Iphones were the leader back in the day from their early release until the 5, now Android's are a step ahead. I have a Huawei Mate 8 as my personal daily driver and I'm happier with it than with my company issues Iphone 6+. I also had the chance to have a 7 for a couple of days and it is marginally better than Mate 8, for twice the price. Samsung devices are by far the worst experience I had.

I highly recommend Huawei, especially the Mate line if you like phablets and Honor line if you want a high end phone for 400$.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So I just listened to a podcast and the guest spoke like this: "I'm thinkeen of takeen up runneen." I've noticed this accent before and I don't know if it's like Californian or something but it has got to stop, it is the most annoying thing ever to listen to.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Android all the way. I have a MacBook but I hate iPhones, too many features of Android that I love to ever switch, especially now considering the way Apples been the past few years. iPhones being the untouchable king of the smart phone industry died along with Steve Jobs.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Okay, I am going to start an Avs franchise in NHL 17 this weekend. Any suggestions for some trades?

I thought about keeping these guys and try to trade the rest for young prospects / young NHLers / picks:

- Pickard
- Rantanen
- MacKinnon
- Zadorov
- guys like Bigras, Jost (is he even in the game yet?), etc.

Guys I might trade but yet unsure (too much love):

- Duchene
- Landeskog
- Johnson

Everybody else is available. I thought about getting Drouin for a package of Barrie+ and Parayko for Varlamov.

Some more young players, I should go after?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just watched 2BC's GM mode with the Avs for a bit but it was so cringeworthy I couldn't finish the video. He's the worst at trading. So don't do whatever he does.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That sounds more rural south. California is the valley girl talk.
Like, Duh.
It is also how MTV chicks, as I previous mentioned sound like. Some of the younger nurses love watching Teen Mom on their lunch and I lose brain-cells. :laugh:

I just watched 2BC's GM mode with the Avs for a bit but it was so cringeworthy I couldn't finish the video. He's the worst at trading. So don't do whatever he does.
Meh, you're taking it too seriously UR. He's a Toronto fan doing an ultra fantasy show taking the values from an extremely flawed EA system. I haven't seen the series, but watched a couple of his past ones and he tries to make even trades. Of course he gets too fantasy like adding 5 draft picks to it, but he at least tries. I actually don't think his NHL series are anything amazing, I watch his other games. Telltale Series, Civilization, Hitmen, and Arkham Knight were awesome walk throughs.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Meh, you're taking it too seriously UR. He's a Toronto fan doing an ultra fantasy show taking the values from an extremely flawed EA system. I haven't seen the series, but watched a couple of his past ones and he tries to make even trades. Of course he gets too fantasy like adding 5 draft picks to it, but he at least tries. I actually don't think his NHL series are anything amazing, I watch his other games. Telltale Series, Civilization, Hitmen, and Arkham Knight were awesome walk throughs.

Well no, it's not an Avs thing. If there's something I take too seriously it's the game itself as a whole (now I haven't played NHL since 14) because I've subbed 2BC for a pretty long time and he's always been a terrible trader, so it's not like something changed there. It's gotten stale watching him go "Still not? Wow!" and add five low draft picks and try again.

I absolutely agree with you on the series' though. The ones you mentioned are/were definitely more fun than watching him play NHL. I've watched the MLB too, even that's more fun than GM mode. I got into his channel through him showing off new NHL GM features though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca