OT: The Avalounge: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb [Special Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I just think it'd be hilarious to look back at his presidency 50 years from now and have him be considered one of the best presidents ever(which won't happen I'm sure of it). But with how he ran and how maligned he is I think it would be hilarious if he proved everyone wrong. Oh well anyways here's to hoping he's a damn good president!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I hope to be proven wrong on Trump because if he does a great job, America does great. Already going to face some housing headwind with the FHA insurance cut suspension.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just think it'd be hilarious to look back at his presidency 50 years from now and have him be considered one of the best presidents ever(which won't happen I'm sure of it). But with how he ran and how maligned he is I think it would be hilarious if he proved everyone wrong. Oh well anyways here's to hoping he's a damn good president!

I dislike Trump immensely, but this video is pretty much awesome since I hate everything about the media more. 40 seconds in could be some of the best television in the modern era.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What's a politics? :sarcasm: RIP

Hey at least the skiing and ice climbing are amazing right now. Colorado is lucking out so hard this winter... and it has been awesome. :yo:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Really interesting story, NASA is sending a satellite to study an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter. What makes it special is that the asteroid is supposedly made out of iron, nickle, and I think I read gold as well. The two to three elements of the entire asteroid would be worth an estimated 10 quadrillion dollars. To put that in perspective, the combined global economy only reaches 17 trillion together.

The asteroid would bankrupt every human on the planet if NASA had the mining technology to excavate it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...on-asteroid-worth-10000-quadrillion/96709250/

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Went to Friday's just now, terrible meat but great sauce.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Since many of us could use some cheering up right now... I figure I'll share these with the board. So a while back, I used to do stand-up comedy around the state. I'm semi-retired now, because it was a lot of work for no money, but some of my best stuff is on YouTube still.

Video quality sucks because all I had was my phone to record with, but the jokes hold up I think. Enjoy!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Really interesting story, NASA is sending a satellite to study an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter. What makes it special is that the asteroid is supposedly made out of iron, nickle, and I think I read gold as well. The two to three elements of the entire asteroid would be worth an estimated 10 quadrillion dollars. To put that in perspective, the combined global economy only reaches 17 trillion together.

The asteroid would bankrupt every human on the planet if NASA had the mining technology to excavate it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...on-asteroid-worth-10000-quadrillion/96709250/

By the end of a fortnight he had estimated that the diamond in the mountain was approximately equal in quantity to all the rest of the diamonds known to exist in the world. There was no valuing it by any regular computation, however, for it was one solid diamond−−and if it were offered for sale not only would the bottom fall out of the market, but also, if the value should vary with its size in the usual arithmetical progression, there would not be enough gold in the world to buy a tenth part of it. And what could any one do with a diamond that size?

It was an amazing predicament. He was, in one sense, the richest man that ever lived−−and yet was he worth anything at all? If his secret should transpire there was no telling to what measures the Government might resort in order to prevent a panic, in gold as well as in jewels. They might take over the claim immediately and institute a monopoly.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
"Will arrive at the asteroid in 2030." Not speaking of just this instance but you gotta admire these space scientists work when a lot of it only shows up in their lifetime as giant expenditures because the timelines are so huge.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I could never wait that long to see something I worked so hard on come to fruition. I get impatient waiting for a bagel to toast.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
cilantro (especially fresh) has aldehydes that make it taste like dish soap to about 4-14% of the population.

I made a big pot of chili, Delicious. My wife added fresh cilantro. She is NOT in that % group that smells/tastes the aldehydes. My son and I ARE in that group. Basically, I have a large pot of chili that is too hot for the wife and daughter, and tastes like soap to my son and me.

Yippee-****ing-kiyae

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Thread nukeeeeee lol

I miss my girlfriend's dog so much. He is such a good pup. Totally changed me from a cat person. I just miss going skiing with him. :cry:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
You ever seen the movie Scrapple, Smiley? It was kind of like required viewing when I lived in that part of the world. It's pretty fun to watch.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
cilantro (especially fresh) has aldehydes that make it taste like dish soap to about 4-14% of the population.

I made a big pot of chili, Delicious. My wife added fresh cilantro. She is NOT in that % group that smells/tastes the aldehydes. My son and I ARE in that group. Basically, I have a large pot of chili that is too hot for the wife and daughter, and tastes like soap to my son and me.

Yippee-****ing-kiyae

Funny you should bring that up. I just bought a bunch of fresh cilantro and used it to make ground chicken patties and mango salsa. I don't hate cilantro and I think it can be used well but it does have a soapy taste to it. The chicken patties lacked other kinds of seasoning so the cilantro was way too dominant and the mango salsa was just soap on soap. (I wanted to try it but didn't like the mango used this way.) Job well done, FFS. I have yet to find a way to use ground chicken that's worth a damn.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Yippee-****ing-kiyae
Cilantro is incredibly gross.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Thread nukeeeeee lol

I miss my girlfriend's dog so much. He is such a good pup. Totally changed me from a cat person. I just miss going skiing with him. :cry:

You know, you can get your own, right?

Yippee-****ing-kiyae

Speaking of dogs, sounds like your dog just got a big old pot of chili for him/her self.

Oh, and while I make awesome tasting chili, most are going to give me crap for my preferences and recipe. It's a tasty frankenstein.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'd love a dog but I live in a really small house currently. Maybe someday. I just really liked her dog. He was the best adventure buddy.

We're not doing very well TV. Currently on a break but I've had to watch the dog a couple days while she was out of town. That's caused us to keep going back and forth on what to do. It's really unhealthy and we honestly should just do a full break to save our sanity.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

Yippee-****ing-kiyae

how do you feel about coriander? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->