OT: The Avalounge: Now Untitled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116861

Random question for any British Columbia natives/west folk. Are people in BC a bit more.. reserved? The reason I ask is I've noticed a common theme when talking with people back home. It seems like whenever BC or people from there are brought up I'm told how rude they are, not even really Canada, stuck up, etc. I'm not sure what it is, maybe just ignorance (my initial leaning, since I come from a small rural town), even from family and friends whenever I mention how much I'd like to try living out there. But that might be their way of trying to deter me from moving so far away, still doesn't account for ex coworkers/random people though. I always thought people on the coasts were chill and laid back but I keep hearing this stereotype that people from BC are a**holes.

Assholes is the wrong word but at least in Vancouver, we are much more reserved. You don't really talk to your neighbour much or anyone on the street that you don't know.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
*******s is the wrong word but at least in Vancouver, we are much more reserved. You don't really talk to your neighbour much or anyone on the street that you don't know.
That's what I figured. I guess on the east coast when everyone knows everyone if you don't stop and talk for 5 minutes you're considered a dick :laugh:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
@UncleRisto Did you make your avatar halloween themed? :laugh:

I need a zombie cat now.
Haha, no I've had it for a while.

Here's my inspiration:
hqdefault.jpg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
As someone who's cut the cord and doesn't have cable, I always heard very meh things on DAZN. But I wanted to watch the Bears game without having to hook up my laptop so I said eh what the hell, they're offering a free first month anyways.

This is great! Football, tennis, even some baseball. I feel like an old man discovering the emoji keys on his iPhone.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Bubba you are really great at finding disturbing pictures to post here.

I’m so using this as my avatar once I get back on my computer.
nah, go back to your famous one with the kid in the basketball shirt (or something like that).
That was cool.

Tru

May 21, 2015
Colorado
I'm here to talk about The Sopranos and the final scene of it.

Just finished my third time watching it. It's - just - so - damn - good.

Agreed!

I just got done watching 'Justified' again (for about the 4th time). Amazing series, and also has an awesome ending!

Reactions: Murzu

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm here to talk about The Sopranos and the final scene of it.

Just finished my third time watching it. It's - just - so - damn - good.
Was just contemplating a rewatch today... nothing else good out there to watch. Well anything new that is.

Reactions: Murzu

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Omg I’m so done being pregnant. Turns out your body is really good at making the last month of pregnancy so terrible that even the thought of labor and raising a newborn is not even a little scary as long as it means not being pregnant anymore.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I enjoyed a couple seasons of Sopranos, then trudged through two more. Put it on the far far far back burner after 4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad