OT: The Avalounge: Now Untitled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't know where else to put this so I'll put it here. You guys must be on cloud 9 today, I mean you probably were going to be in good shape going into the draft anyways but this just solidifies it.

I also might be visiting your city for the first time this summer too. Enjoy the day fellas :cheers:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't know where else to put this so I'll put it here. You guys must be on cloud 9 today, I mean you probably were going to be in good shape going into the draft anyways but this just solidifies it.

I also might be visiting your city for the first time this summer too. Enjoy the day fellas :cheers:

:cheers:

Reactions: HisIceness

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I for one will be happy if/when the Sens look like they'll end up at the bottom of the league. Until then I just feel bad for Sens fans. I'm also fascinated by the stories coming out of this situation and may laugh at times at the absurdity of it all.

Honestly I'm mostly just excited to get hockey started again. The only other league I've had the time to really follow is the CFL, and my team sucks this year. Life is just better when you're following a good sports team.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Tinnitus seems like this weird joke by the body. "Hey, you should know you damaged your hearing by listening to stuff too loud over your lifetime. But good news, if you keep listening to stuff you won't notice it."

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Brazilian jiu jitsu is awesome and if anyone's ever thought about trying it, they should.

Tinnitus seems like this weird joke by the body. "Hey, you should know you damaged your hearing by listening to stuff too loud over your lifetime. But good news, if you keep listening to stuff you won't notice it."
...And took my headphones off.

Reactions: Lonewolfe2015

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I had some occasional tinnitus a few years ago. I would only get it for a few minutes at a time, and usually only in one ear, though not always the same ear. I could have weeks or months without experiencing it, and then get it 3-4 times within a week or so.

Pretty sure it was related to some medical condition or something, as I haven't really had it at all over the last two years, (and I don't think at all this year). I generally make an effort to protect my hearing.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Ever since I worked around big machinery during summer jobs I've been very aware to protect my ears, too many guys that I worked with had their hearing absolutely shot.
Hell, my parents wear zero ear protection using the lawn mower or whipper snipper. Ended up buying them a big box of disposable ear plugs. Unfortunately the damage is done, they're deaf as f***.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I have mediocre hearing now after attending dozens of concerts in my 20s. I regret nothing.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I have permanent tinnitus from not wearing earplugs to metal shows as a teenager... I wear them now, but the damage is done.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
After reading "damage done" twice I can't not listen to this song. Seether's cover is better than Neil Young, come at me.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
After reading "damage done" twice I can't not listen to this song. Seether's cover is better than Neil Young, come at me.

wrong-gif.gif

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Tinnitus sucks. I think mine comes from EHS (electromagnetic hypersensitivity), I even have burns on my face. Sounds like an old analogue tv is on all the time.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I was more of a Breaking Benjamin teen myself.
Oh, naw Seether is just boring everything-sounds-the-same rock, in which I'm an expert, but if we're talking about obnoxious nu-metal, I definitely went through that in my teen years. Funny how most other music you listen to in your life sticks with you but the teenage nu-metal phase is repressed completely. At some point you're just like "well obviously never revisit this".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad