OT: The Avalounge: Now Untitled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116861

Everyone here seems more on edge, like everyone back home is more relaxed. Plus I can't get used to these times for sports. Having to wait until 9 for an Aves game is torture. (and yes, I know @Cousin Eddie has to wait until like 6 in the morning for games to start)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have never been west but my wife was in Vancouver a few weeks ago. She said it has the east coast feel and hospitality but also with the big city feel.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Everyone here seems more on edge, like everyone back home is more relaxed. Plus I can't get used to these times for sports. Having to wait until 9 for an Aves game is torture. (and yes, I know @Cousin Eddie has to wait until like 6 in the morning for games to start)

Yeah, Toronto definitely has it's own vibe to it. Where are you coming from? Vancouver?

As for the bolded :laugh: yeah, it sucks. Lucky me follows two west coast teams while being an East coast boy.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
For the most part I watch games the next day. On weekdays it's too late to watch the west coast games while living on the east coast.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
For the most part I watch games the next day. On weekdays it's too late to watch the west coast games while living on the east coast.
In theory that'd be perfect, but I'd have to avoid seeing or hearing the score all day, because if I know the score then the game is way less appealing to watch.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
In theory that'd be perfect, but I'd have to avoid seeing or hearing the score all day, because if I know the score then the game is way less appealing to watch.
Yea thats the tough part. I have to remember to keep the radio off in the morning, or turn in down when the scores come on. Thankfully they usually only give the scores for the Canadian teams most of the time. I had to turn off the google alerts on my phone too.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
States-born, love Canada, but I miss the **** out of Deutschland & Espanya.

Barcelona & Berlin are WICKED.
I've never been to a big city there, but I've been to Costa del Sol a couple of times, and even though it's a tourist trap, there are certain aspects of vacationing in Spain that are just lovely.

First of all it's not always cold. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Quicklime

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I've never been to a big city there, but I've been to Costa del Sol a couple of times, and even though it's a tourist trap, there are certain aspects of vacationing in Spain that are just lovely.

First of all it's not always cold. :sarcasm:

The second is:

giphy.gif

Reactions: UncleRisto

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
East vs West is very prevalent throughout the States and Canada... Way, way different attitudes and lifestyles. I could never live back east personally...
How so? I've never been west of Toronto but I hear it's a more chill, laid back lifestyle. Which is similar to the east coast. But having lived in Ottawa the past few years, it definitely has a different vibe to it than back home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Question for anyone in programming - what characteristics should I be looking for in a new laptop? I don’t intend to get into the gaming industry.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
How so? I've never been west of Toronto but I hear it's a more chill, laid back lifestyle. Which is similar to the east coast. But having lived in Ottawa the past few years, it definitely has a different vibe to it than back home.

The further west you go, the more independent and relaxed people tend to be. There is far less aggressive behavior in everything in the west... driving, walking down the street, standing in line for a slice of pizza, etc. There are still moments, but overall people are a lot more calm and laid back.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The further west you go, the more independent and relaxed people tend to be. There is far less aggressive behavior in everything in the west... driving, walking down the street, standing in line for a slice of pizza, etc. There are still moments, but overall people are a lot more calm and laid back.
I dunno. I feel like that might be an American thing. In Canada the east coast is pretty laid back, like as you work your way from Quebec/Ontario the more relaxed people get.

The independent thing isn't an east coast thing though, for sure.

Reactions: CB Joe

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I dunno. I feel like that might be an American thing. In Canada the east coast is pretty laid back, like as you work your way from Quebec/Ontario the more relaxed people get.

The independent thing isn't an east coast thing though, for sure.

My experience in western Canada is mostly in BC and Alberta... and they seem to fit closely with the US. The flyover part of Canada is pretty unknown to me. Ontario feels a lot like the midwestern US to me... not NYC levels of pace and uptight, but still way more wound up than a place like Portland, Seattle or Vancouver. Quebec... Quebec is Quebec... not sure there is a better way to describe it to me. :laugh:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
My experience in western Canada is mostly in BC and Alberta... and they seem to fit closely with the US. The flyover part of Canada is pretty unknown to me. Ontario feels a lot like the midwestern US to me... not NYC levels of pace and uptight, but still way more wound up than a place like Portland, Seattle or Vancouver. Quebec... Quebec is Quebec... not sure there is a better way to describe it to me. :laugh:
Yeah even friends that I know from Quebec don't know how to describe it either, well they do, but it's not complimentary :laugh:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Oh I love Quebec... but it is a different sort of place to say the least.
Oh yeah it's a very unique place. Visiting it it's almost like it's not part of Canada, just from how different it feels. I remember my first time visiting Quebec City and thinking 'am I still in Canada?'

But the friends I have from there all can be easily aggravated when they start talking the politics/attitudes about their fellow Quebecois.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Anybody here play NHL 19 and specifically the World of Chel/EASHL mode?

I play D and wouldn’t mind playing on a team with fellow Avs fans. Let me know if anybody is down.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Random question for any British Columbia natives/west folk. Are people in BC a bit more.. reserved? The reason I ask is I've noticed a common theme when talking with people back home. It seems like whenever BC or people from there are brought up I'm told how rude they are, not even really Canada, stuck up, etc. I'm not sure what it is, maybe just ignorance (my initial leaning, since I come from a small rural town), even from family and friends whenever I mention how much I'd like to try living out there. But that might be their way of trying to deter me from moving so far away, still doesn't account for ex coworkers/random people though. I always thought people on the coasts were chill and laid back but I keep hearing this stereotype that people from BC are a**holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad