OT: The Avalounge: No Homers Club

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah if I was in the dating world still, coffee is as far as I would go anymore. The whole taking a girl out to an expensive dinner thing in the internet world is fools gold.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah if I was in the dating world still, coffee is as far as I would go anymore. The whole taking a girl out to an expensive dinner thing in the internet world is fools gold.

Ya, I mean SEPHs situation is a tad different because its not a "cold" first date where they know little about each other as they have been talking for a while by the sounds of things.

But still, if you're the type to pay for the first date, coffee is 100% the route to go. Cheap and easy to do, and like I said if the date is going well you can easily just go do other stuff afterwards.

Drinks at a bar isn't a bad one either if you're both into that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Drinks at a bar isn't a bad one either if you're both into that.
b0b2fec5ad742c673ee7f5b4996d80fb.png

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Orbit Culture sounding like In Flames on steroids, love it (!), another great romantic song.

Orbit Culture - "Saw"

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've been meaning to post this for ages with all of your moaning about girls:

Tip: don't type "women have no feelings" into youtube. My suggestions may never recover.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
New Forsberg interview but please run it through google translator yourself. ;-)
https://www.expressen.se/sport/qs/det-var-skont-att-komma-undan-lite/

A couple of fun sections though:

About his son Lennox:
Foppa goes on to say that his son Lennox likes hockey, but ...
- He has the will to win and score and so on, but I think he misunderstood the physical game. He is a too physical for only being seven years. Directly when someone lies on the ice after being hit, it is Lennox who has been there and when I tell him not to tackle he says: 'But dad, you used to do it.' Then I have to say, sure, but you may start with it a little later.

About Forsberg's strong will for winning:
after the end of the career, it was difficult to see other players cheering (on TV).
- I thought I wanted to be there myself. Why did that player win? It could be some guy I fought against and didn't think he deserved it. Then I turned off the TV when it was a minute left. I didn't want to see some players cheering. Couldn't look. But now I think it's better. I've got better perspectives and now there aren't that many left anymore that I played against. Now I can feel joy with those who win.

Last edited:

TequilaBay

May 30, 2019
The Nationals winning the World Series was the third time in history that sports fans in the province of Quebec watched their former team win a championship in a different city...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The same four or so posters usually chime in.

I also have vast knowledge of emo. Did you want to talk about that? No? What's up?

I just started listening to the Gang Starr album and hoo boy is it good. For a post humous album it’s especially good, but with DJ premier producing that’s not a big surprise.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just started listening to the Gang Starr album and hoo boy is it good. For a post humous album it’s especially good, but with DJ premier producing that’s not a big surprise.
Ah, sweet. I thought it was a hits collection when I saw it on Spotify. I'll definitely give it a listen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00