OT: The Avalounge: No Homers Club

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Update for the ones who care: So I decided to conduct the "less is more" attitude by Hitchs' RL and Pierce and she actually texted me last night out of the blue. She wanted to know how I was doing and how my day was and it sounds like she is legitimately sick (told me she called off work). I still stuck to my guns and will wait it out until I see her in person. I kind of get why being a semi-prick sort of gets you girls.

Cancer sucks!
Trust me, being in the medical profession you won't believe all the innovative techniques being created and tested to treat cancer (though there is still a ton we do not know). It's an interesting discussion nonetheless because it is truly a terrible process, however cancer has been around since like 1600 BC and you can possibly date it back even further. The problem though is that it was so rare back in antiquity is because nobody lived long enough to ultimately reach the age and have the mechanisms which contribute to cancer (if we negate < 50 years old which is unworldly bad). Heart disease, stroke, cancer, and other contributors are all on the rise is because people are living longer than they ever did before. It still sucks no doubt though.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well, I've never been one to subscribe to the "be a semi-dick" attitude. The advice was to just be honest and straightforward when asking for dates. "Would you like to have dinner tomorrow night, 7pm?" things like that. It puts the other party in a position to either outright decline (and thus let you know there isn't a ton of interest) or sees them offering an alternative time/day.

For me, I just don't have it in me to be that type of guy to someone I'm interested in. To random strangers on the internet that I don't like? Sure, I'll be a dick to them, if I feel the situation is warranted.

Reactions: S E P H

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Update for the ones who care: So I decided to conduct the "less is more" attitude by Hitchs' RL and Pierce and she actually texted me last night out of the blue. She wanted to know how I was doing and how my day was and it sounds like she is legitimately sick (told me she called off work). I still stuck to my guns and will wait it out until I see her in person. I kind of get why being a semi-prick sort of gets you girls.

That's certainly a good sign that she reached out to you after you cooled off a bit. Should mean theres at least a level of interest from her.

So did you make alternative plans for a date if she's legitimately sick right now?

Well, I've never been one to subscribe to the "be a semi-dick" attitude. The advice was to just be honest and straightforward when asking for dates. "Would you like to have dinner tomorrow night, 7pm?" things like that. It puts the other party in a position to either outright decline (and thus let you know there isn't a ton of interest) or sees them offering an alternative time/day.

For me, I just don't have it in me to be that type of guy to someone I'm interested in. To random strangers on the internet that I don't like? Sure, I'll be a dick to them, if I feel the situation is warranted.

I dont really think its "being a dick" so much as it is not revolving your life around the girl. Especially in the early stages of dating or in this circumstance the "talking before an actual date" stage, if you're texting a tonne it really does give off a bit of a desperation vibe which isnt an attractive look.

By keeping yourself busy with other things and not texting or talking constantly you give off completely different vibes from the girls perspective and creates a level of mystery.

I completely agree with being straightforward when it comes to the dating aspect and asking a girl out. There's no point to beat around the Bushes. Make your intentions clear from the start and see how she responds.

Reactions: S E P H

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'll say.

2rfxYtb.jpg

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I love these sketches. :laugh: Will Ferrell is so good at doing the shouty aggressive stuff. You know the scene in the beginning of Get Hard when he's in the parking garage? Have you seen the outtake reel of him improvising things to yell out? I won't post it because of all the cusswords but god damn that's good.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's certainly a good sign that she reached out to you after you cooled off a bit. Should mean theres at least a level of interest from her.

So did you make alternative plans for a date if she's legitimately sick right now?
No because I haven't seen her and I want to ask her in person. Or do you mean something else?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Starting to feel as out of touch as Bubba if you people are saying being a semi-dick gets you girls.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I dont really think its "being a dick" so much as it is not revolving your life around the girl. Especially in the early stages of dating or in this circumstance the "talking before an actual date" stage, if you're texting a tonne it really does give off a bit of a desperation vibe which isnt an attractive look.

By keeping yourself busy with other things and not texting or talking constantly you give off completely different vibes from the girls perspective and creates a level of mystery.
This is what I meant by "semi-prick", no way in hell have I ever been a total dick to try to get a girl.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
No because I haven't seen her and I want to ask her in person. Or do you mean something else?

Offer to bring her chicken soup to make her feel better.
Then you get your face to face time.
kinda goes against the "be a prick" idea, though.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
"Blergh, this soup SEPH brought me is ****ing vile! He is such a piece of ****. I kind of want him in my orifices." (Dramatization. Results may vary.)

And then [laughs], after she eats [continues laughing] the soup and spits it ou--[laughs]--spits it out. Say to her [laughs], "What's the matter, got bad soup!?"[laughs hysterically]

original.gif

Reactions: Ceremony

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad